CA - Cesar Razo, 2, tortured & killed, Escondido, 25 June 2005

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/466...l=dgo_12pm&tmi=dgo_12pm_1_02000306302005&ts=H

SAN DIEGO -- A mother accused of torturing her son faced a judge Wednesday, the same day a vigil was held in the wake of the toddler's death.

Maria Rozo sobbed in court as she faced a judge on charges of torture, NBC 7/39 reported. Her boyfriend, Jose Maurice Castenada, will face torture and murder charges in the beating death of Cesar Razo, 2. An arraignment was postponed to give attorneys a chance to investigate Castenada's age, which is unclear.

I am at a loss at what to say. That poor little boy. His last hours of life and he had to look at his mommy hurting him. I hope his death haunts this woman for the rest of her miserable life. I pray they are both in the public part of the prison because the prisoners are going to give them hell. Which is exactly what they deserve. Rest in peace Cesar. No one is hurting you and you are happy again running in Heaven with all the other little angels.

another canidate for mandatory sterilization.

mysteriew said:
another canidate for mandatory sterilization.

Exactly.

She has a long history of beating her two children. If that's so, why were the children still with her?

I agree with you mysteriew--Im all for the government funding tube tying--male and female.

VISTA - A man who fatally beat and tortured his girlfriend's 2-year-old son, causing bruises from head to toe, was convicted Tuesday of first-degree murder and other charges that could lead to the death penalty.

After deliberating for parts of three days, jurors found true a special circumstance allegation that Jose Maurice Castenada tortured Cesar Razo, using hangers, cable wire, belts and a yellow cord.

Castenada, 24, was also convicted of assault on a child with force likely to produce great bodily injury or death, torture and felony child abuse.

After a monthlong trial, jurors also found the defendant guilty of misdemeanor child abuse for beating the victim's then-5-year-old sister.

Castenada was acquitted of charges that he tortured the girl.

snip

The penalty phase of trial is scheduled to begin tomorrow, after which jurors will recommend the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole.

snip

Prosecutors said Castenada tortured the 23-pound victim for up to 10 months before his death and that the toddler was forced to live in a small, dark closet.

Cesar had 304 injuries on his 34-inch-long body and lacerations to his liver and penis when he died.

snip

The mother pleaded guilty two years ago to voluntary manslaughter and child abuse and testified against Castenada. Judge Joan Weber is expected to sentence her to 16 years and eight months in state prison on Aug. 21.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local...torturing-toddler/XA39fWYGwU6e0xhgB8d96Q.cspx

Still looking for actual sentence for Castenada

How the heck did other family members not notice!!! WTH!!! I am so sick of people not turning in family members for crimes just because they are family....Doing horrible things to little children is sick and something is seriously wrong with people in this society if they do nothing about it!!

10 months and no one did anything.

how does a jury find special cicumstances yet the prick got life?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back