Man suing N Charleston police, Slager for Taser incident urges others to speak out

Tawny

Reaction score
This is pretty relevant to the goings-on surrounding Michael Slager, but didn't want to derail the other thread!

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...-for-taser-incident-urges-others-to-speak-out

An attorney for a North Charleston man had shelved the idea of a lawsuit against the police officer who allegedly shot his client in the back with a Taser last year. But a video showing Patrolman 1st Class Michael Slager shooting .45-caliber bullets into a different man’s back changed that.

Now that his attorney has filed a lawsuit, 35-year-old Julius Garnett Wilson said Monday that he wants other residents to speak out against alleged abuses by “all bad, corrupt cops.”

You will not find the real story of what happened in this case in the MSM.

Yet.

If you do some web sleuthing you will find it, though.

Perhaps you can enlighten us, then, with MSM links to call out the "true" story? Since, you know, only MSM and not rumor/blogs are allowed, even in innuendo.

Thank you in advance!!!

Perhaps you can enlighten us, then, with MSM links to call out the "true" story? Since, you know, only MSM and not rumor/blogs are allowed, even in innuendo.

Thank you in advance!!!

Good point. I will delete. Delete from your post as well.

<modsnip>

The video is pretty clear. Not sure what truth is to come out?

The video is pretty clear. Not sure what truth is to come out?

Yes it is clear, I only had to hear the officer ask the suspect to step out 3 times to know he was resisting the officers instructions. jmo When will people learn how to act. jmo idk

Do some sleuthing.

I'm not willing to give clicks to sites that have conspiratorial agendas, sorry. I'll stick with as balanced MSM as I can get by reading articles on it by all news sources. Blogs and opinion articles aren't sleuthing.

Yes it is clear, I only had to hear the officer ask the suspect to step out 3 times to know he was resisting the officers instructions. jmo When will people learn how to act. jmo idk

So this excuses tasing a man who is already detained? Slager told the other officers to back up so he could use his taser and then yelled at Wilson to stop resisting when he was in paralysis from the electricity. I don't care WHAT Wilson had just done, what Slager did was clearly excessive force and demonstrates a pattern of behavior. The other officers were not at all concerned that he did this, which tells me it's common in this particular PD, and that goes on to tell me that there may be a reason the black community chooses to run.

lawyer$...
this thread should be corrected to:

Felon suing N Charleston police, Slager for Taser incident in which he pled guilt to resisting arrest urges others to speak out

Good idea to start this separate thread Tawny imo.

Fwiw, my take on what happened is, Wilson knew what was coming and tried to delay the inevitable. Imo, Wilson knew he was in for a beating, a tasing or to be shot with one cop yelling 'he's reaching, he's reaching', even though he would not have to reach for anything. I wouldn't walk into that situation lightly either.

Wilson pleading guilty was inevitable as well imo. He had no hope of anyone listening - it would only cost him. In money, and or constant harassment by LE.

So yeah, now a felon is suing Slager and North Charleston police. I get it. He has extenuating circumstances on his side, thanks to Slager gunning down Scott. Captured on video no less.

For anyone disliking a felon suing LE, the solution to prevent such costly and unnecessary cases in the future looks relatively simple to me. Jmo.

Wilson had a concealed weapon in the car

concealed as in he was permitted to carry concealed? Surely LE knew that before they approached, I here dispatch tell LE on scanner if they are a cc holder after a tag call in, assuming the driver is the owner. jmo

Letting go of immense power, or watching it evaporate must be difficult. Jmo.

concealed as in he was permitted to carry concealed? Surely LE knew that before they approached, I here dispatch tell LE on scanner if they are a cc holder after a tag call in, assuming the driver is the owner. jmo

it was a club:
The officers later found Wilson&#8217;s broken cellphone and a wooden club near his car&#8217;s center console

What constitutes a "club"?

A baseball bat? Surely no one would ever carry a baseball bat in a sketchy neighborhood for, I dunno, protection for themselves.

What constitutes a "club"?

A baseball bat? Surely no one would ever carry a baseball bat in a sketchy neighborhood for, I dunno, protection for themselves.

they wouldve called a baseball bat a baseball bat. club implies billystick.

Good idea to start this separate thread Tawny imo.

For anyone disliking a felon suing LE, the solution to prevent such costly and unnecessary cases in the future looks relatively simple to me. Jmo.

yeah, dont let em out!

Given all the incidents of African-Americans beaten, tased or murdered by LE, maybe the "suspect" (as you like to call him) was frozen with fear. I suspect I would be, were I black, based on how some of my black friends have been treated at routine stops.

Regardless, failure to obey an officer's instructions should not be a capital offense.

Got this and more the first time tangelo - but thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back