PETA Rethinks Ads Comparing Abuse, Slavery

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is reconsidering a campaign comparing images of animal abuse with those of slavery after complaints from civil rights groups and others.

The animal rights group's "Animal Liberation" campaign included 12 panels juxtaposing pictures of black people in chains with shackled elephants and other provocative images.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/1-08132005-527327.html

According to a small college in Northeast Alabama. PETA is trying to get the school Jacksonville State University to stop using the fighting gamecocks as their mascot. Getting a bit ridiculous isn't it?

Somebody ought to invite all these people- who work so bravely for the animals- out for a steak dinner. They should take lots of pictures and start their own ad compaign.

mysteriew said:
Somebody ought to invite all these people- who work so bravely for the animals- out for a steak dinner. They should take lots of pictures and start their own ad compaign.
:dance:

The PETA group seems to be over the edge on many of their causes. Being an animal lover I am all for animal rights. Yet at times the tofu loving antics of this group borders on hysteria.

Once we lived in the world where we did not have to be so "Politically Correct within our own lives!"

I committed a crime and a faux pas during college, when I was asked to sit on a MASCOTS LAP. It was rather thrilling to have my picture taking with the "KANGAROO!" I think the Aussie mate may have given me a quick feel while on his lap. (Hubba Hubba)

Ah, those were the days. I’m sure PETA would be upset to know the said ANIMAL Mascot was portrayed as a character at a major league Soccer game.

What an outrage…

Animal mascots, what to do!

I got a few words for the PETA folks---They are just males and females in hot, dang costumes. Get a grip. Go back to protecting animal rights and causes.

Lighten up, buy some leather kids:bang:

I was a member of PETA until the horrible thing they did after Jeffrey Dahmer's crimes were discovered. PETA put an ad in the Milwaukee paper comparing what happened to Dahmer's victims to the treatment of slaughtered cows. I resigned my membership right there and told them why.

I still believe in the humane treatment of animals, whether they are pets or you're going to eat them. I cannot imagine the horror and pain it must've caused for the loved ones of Dahmer's victims who saw that ad. Inexcusable.

The best bumper sticker that I ever saw said this:

"Save an Animal... Eat a PETA member"

Nancy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member