Wife of former Clippers owner wins $2.6 million suit against his female friend

zwiebel

Reaction score
The complicated triangle of former owner of the Clippers, Donald Sterling, his wife Shelly and the 80-year-old billionaire's female friend V. Stiviano, has culminated in a judge ruling $2.6 million in gifts must be returned to his wife.

Judge Richard Fruin Jr. awarded Shelly Sterling most of the nearly $3 million she had sought.

Sterling had claimed that money used to buy V. Stiviano a house, luxury cars and expensive gifts was her community property.

"Shelly is thrilled with the decision," attorney Pierce O'Donnell said. "This is certainly a victory for the Sterling family whose funds were dissipated by Donald to lavish millions of dollars of gifts on a conniving mistress."

Both Donald Sterling and Stiviano denied she was his mistress. Sterling was also astonished when his wife claimed in court they were estranged and didn't seem aware his marriage had faltered. Stiviano had argued a $1.8 million gifted duplex was hers as she'd paid part of the cost 'in small bills given to her by family members that she saved in a bedroom drawer'. Donald Sterling said she hadn't paid 50 cents towards it.

Donald Sterling lost ownership of the Clippers when Stiviano released a recording of him instructing her not to associate with black people.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/article18557954.html

This news makes me happy. In bringing down Donald Sterling, the golddigger brought herself down too. Kudos to Mrs. Sterling for having to put up with both of them and for selling the Clippers!!

This should probably be moved to bizarre news now because Donald Sterling is suing TMZ and his former friend/girlfriend? over his loss of the LA Clippers.

Sterling sued TMZ and V. Stiviano on Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court, claiming they violated his privacy by illegally recording a private conversation and broadcasting it.

TMZ haven't replied to media, but a lawyer who previously represented Stiviano says the lawsuit is 'ridiculous.'

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

This should probably be moved to bizarre news now because Donald Sterling is suing TMZ and his former friend/girlfriend? over his loss of the LA Clippers.

TMZ haven't replied to media, but a lawyer who previously represented Stiviano says the lawsuit is 'ridiculous.'

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Does Donald think he's going to get the Clippers back??? :doh:It's clear he has Alzheimer's, he's now alienating anyone who was ever close to him.:no:

Donald Sterling, a billionaire who used to own a basketball team and found it unseemly for his mistress to be seen in public with black people, is suing his former mistress and gossip site TMZ for allegedly altering the leaked tapes that led to his public downfall.

Sterling claims that V. Stiviano, the mask-wearing sidepiece who recorded her private meetings with Sterling, “illicitly” taped his infamous racist rant without his knowledge, and that either Stiviano or TMZ edited the tapes to “reflect conversations … that either never occurred, were grossly distorted and/or stated out of context.

http://gawker.com/donald-sterling-sues-tmz-and-ex-mistress-says-they-edi-1723336018

I'm just a tiny bit confused how this will play out in court, given Sterling didn't even recall he and his wife were estranged, last time he was in court. How's he going to convince anyone he recalls the contents of a throwaway conversation?

Does Donald think he's going to get the Clippers back??? :doh:It's clear he has Alzheimer's, he's now alienating anyone who was ever close to him.:no:

Yes, you said it. It's sad really. Except I'm not sure Sterling was ever very nice, even before the Alzheimer's.

I don't think he'll get the Clippers back.

Yes, you said it. It's sad really. Except I'm not sure Sterling was ever very nice, even before the Alzheimer's.

I don't think he'll get the Clippers back.
Oh I don't think he will either, but I'll bet he thinks he will. He's got this disturbing sense of entitlement that I've seen with my own father- that anyone can be bought for the right price.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back