FBI Involvement

Justiceforever

Reaction score
Let's talk about the FBI's involvement in the case/s or lack thereof.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-12-20/...gilbert-serial-killer-oak-beach?_s=PM:JUSTICE http://skcentral.com/news.php?readmore=191 http://babylonvillage.patch.com/d/topics/gilgo+beach

According to what I've read so far the FBI's involvement has been limited to the use of Blackhawk helicopter for the arial search and psychological profiling. They are reportedly frustrated by SCPDs unwillingness to accept or ask for help in solving these crimes. What is your take on this?

Why wouldn't SCPD open there arms when the FBI has offered their help and resources?

Why wouldn't SCPD open there arms when the FBI has offered their help and resources?

Possibly because they are afraid of what the FBI might find in their department that isn't regulation or lawful???? If the FBI were to dig deep, they might find something SCPD wants to stay hidden??? JMO/MOO

"NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — The FBI has asked a court for permission to search a computer belonging to a man under scrutiny for his ties to a prostitute whose body was discovered along with three other corpses near a Long Island beach. Feds Probing L.I. Beach Corpses Eye Laptop

Gilgo Beach Victims (Photo/Kathleen Maloney)

An agent filed an application Thursday seeking access to a laptop belonging to Akeem Cruz, of Brooklyn. Cruz is one of the last people to have been with 22-year-old Megan Waterman, of Maine, the weekend she disappeared after traveling to a hotel in Hauppauge to meet clients for sex."

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/03/05/feds-probing-l-i-beach-corpses-eye-laptop/

and another mention...

Now investigators want a peek into Cruz's laptop, which he gave to a female friend after he was busted in October on a drug charge, court records show. She gave the laptop to Suffolk County investigators and the FBI late last month. The feds sought a search warrant to go through its contents with an "abundance of caution," the document said.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-03-05/news/28673741_1_megan-waterman-akeem-cruz-gilgo-beach

I hope the FBI were able to get their tentacles into some of the POI's machines.... :)
That would give them a good head start.

If SCPD has something to hide the last people they want looking at this case is the FBI. Not that the FBI is any great shakes either. If SCPD has done ANYTHING wrong they don't even want the janitor around.

I hate to keep doing this, but the SIL is a classic of how they operate. I always believed the case should be a textbook on corruption in SCPD, or more specific to Spota and his band of little gangsters.

Follow the bouncing ball.

1. cops bring in a Peter Ghattas and he gives them information about a serial criminal named Joe Careccia.
2. Careccia was Chief of Department Burke's neighbor from 1998 -2002
3. Cops bring Ghattas in to DA office on 9/23/03.
4. Ghattas is murdered on 9/24/03.
5. cops go to Florida to fetch Careccia- 10/23.
6. 11/13/03 - Careccia is in NY and he tells investigators the SIL participated in the armed robbery of a Strathmore Bagel Co on 7/25/00. SIL was in Europe - 7/18-7/27.
7. Careccia will place SIL at other crimes. SIL is still and active PO and on extended sick leave.
8. SIL is allowed to retire on 3.15.04 with a disability pension.

OK, got it? I reviewed his entire personnel folder. There was NOTHING in it that even remotely suggests Internal Affairs was informed of his alleged serious criminal acts. He will never see the inside of a IAB interview room. In fact he will be allowed to leave the Department with his weapons and receive a 'good guy' letter by the IDIOT Dormer praising him for his good service. The PBA will have his shield stamped as retired.

Are you starting to get the picture ? These criminals didn't want to get their own IAB involved because they feared if the IAB got involved they would uncover the corruption. SCPD would be obligated to inform IAB there was a dirty cop in the ranks. THEY DID NOT. They were leaving the door open to frame the SIL and they sure didn't want any 'outsiders' getting in their way.
If they didn't want their own IAB around what do you think about getting the FBI involved in the Gilgo Case........LOL

So is it completely up to the SCPD if the FBI gets involved or can the FBI just take over if they wanted? I can understand SCPD not wanting them involved, but if the FBI CAN just take over, why haven't they?

So is it completely up to the SCPD if the FBI gets involved or can the FBI just take over if they wanted?

From my understanding, the SCPD has to invite the FBI in. As far as the FBI's involvement to date, it does the SCPD no good if it isn't put to use.

I haven't looked at the articles you've posted, yet, but if you saw it... when did the FBI use the Blackhawks? Was it before or after finding SG's body?

From my understanding, the SCPD has to invite the FBI in. As far as the FBI's involvement to date, it does the SCPD no good if it isn't put to use.

I haven't looked at the articles you've posted, yet, but if you saw it... when did the FBI use the Blackhawks? Was it before or after finding SG's body?

They used it when they were searching Gilgo Beach. Heres an article about it. http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/fbi-copter-at-gilgo-used-new-technology-1.2829587

I agree with Hawkshaw and others, SCPD and LE does not want this case fully investigated. Just too many skeletons.

I think the only way it will be resolved is the result of media and politically pressure. What a number of sleuthers are doing with FOIL, and letters is exactly what needs to be done.

I also believe that Newsday, a newspaper, that in the past has operated to the highest journalistic standards, get to the bottom of the apparent corruption in Suffolk County.

Newsday has an obligation to its readers to let them know the truth about Long Island.

BTW there is a serial killer loose.

MOO

So is it completely up to the SCPD if the FBI gets involved or can the FBI just take over if they wanted? I can understand SCPD not wanting them involved, but if the FBI CAN just take over, why haven't they?
No, the only places where the FBI (or any Federal law enforcement agency for that matter) can just show up and take over are American Indian reservations and US territories - as both of those entities are possessions of the Federal government. A state of the Union is a sovereign entity as per the 10th Amendment.

The only other way the Feds could get involved is if a Federal offense was committed ... ie: if the killer committed a murder in another state.

The only other way the Feds could get involved is if a Federal offense was committed ... ie: if the killer committed a murder in another state.

I wonder if that is why the SCPD declared the Atlantic City case wasn't related. If they don't have solid (forensic) evidence of who did it, how can they be sure it isn't the same person?

fishy fishy

I wonder if that is why the SCPD declared the Atlantic City case wasn't related. If they don't have solid (forensic) evidence of who did it, how can they be sure it isn't the same person?

fishy fishy

Aha! That would make a LOT of sense!

Thanks, WI!

No, the only places where the FBI (or any Federal law enforcement agency for that matter) can just show up and take over are American Indian reservations and US territories - as both of those entities are possessions of the Federal government. A state of the Union is a sovereign entity as per the 10th Amendment.

So, if the same person killed in two different states the feds would take over...but if they only kill in one state they wont?

fishy fishy

"Things that make you say...hmmm!" -in my best Arsenio Hall voice ; )

You folks watch too much Criminal Minds, or re-runs of Efram Zimbalest Jr. FBI Story Espisodes. They couldn't catch 19 mooks from the Middle East flying into our buildings in our own airlplanes. They couldn't find a thief named Bernie Madoff that took about $50 Billion over 25 years, and you expect them to find a serial killer?

I knew a gal once who thought something like some of you think. She comes up one day and her boyfriend is filling a huge hole in her backyard. He asks him what was he doing. He tells her he is a hit man for John Gotti and he killed a guy and is burying him. To make it better this was right on the fringes of Howard Beach.. They laugh at her and tell her to go home. She goes to the local precinct. What the heck, the worse that can happen is we get our shoes dirty. OK, the guy wasn't a hit man for Gotti, but he did kill someone.

Another guy goes to the FBI and tells them his brothers in laws have a steamer trunk full of money. It was only 8M. He tells them they are storage warehouse employees. Been looking at the closed trunk for years. It was going to go on auction. They decided to open it first. BINGO. Threw that guy out. Came to us. Different story.

How about the time we were staked out on a stick up gang. We were watching the suspects. Feds were watching us. These clowns were wide open in suit and tie. Saw a FED making a phone call on a payphone. It was long before cell phones. I figure I go tell him if we are watching the same thing we should coordinate our efforts. We didn't want to screw up what they were doing if it was something else. Jerk got in his car and sped off. Catch him and his crew down the block and arrange a sit down at the Market Diner. The clowns never showed up.

The FEDS can do pretty much what they want when they want. You gotta tell them this is some kind of civil rights issue. If the 4 gals were black they could devise a way to make it a civil rights issue. Their bosses in D.C. just love that sort of stuff.

Local knowledge needed.

What is Tim Bishop the sitting congressman saying about the issue? What has he done?

Democrat Tim Bishop is the incumbent, and Republican Randy Altschuler is running against him. Where does Altshuler stand?

Are they interested in catching the LISK?

Are they tied into the SCPD and protecting friends?

A few calls from Long Island congressmen to FBI headquarters and SCPD headquarters should have an effect.

Which of these two opponents wants this case solved?

The LISK could be an a big election issue.

MOO

those MS-13 boys are pretty cold. some insight into the minds of thugs:

"What them call the police for? They can't stop the crime.
Ghetto youth want money to spend, that's why so many are dead.
Why is society trying stop ghetto youth corn bread?
The youth are gonna rise up and bust copper and lead."

Paying cops 200k a year to join the shoot out with these kids isn't going to solve the problem. Society needs to open their eyes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back