1690 users online (324 members and 1366 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibiz View Post
    He thought she may have been abducted ? Did he have any idea who would have done that?
    No, he didn't say. He indicated he thought it was some kind of stranger abduction. Police had speculated that it could be linked to some similar crimes in the area - break ins and robberies. He also said she would have NEVER voluntarily left their son there alone. The evidence does seem to indicate she was taken suddenly:

In the morning around 8:30 to 9:30am

Still wearing her night gown and bath robe

Not wearing shoes

Purse sitting out on kitchen table

Hadn't fixed breakfast yet for her son. One news story said her son had fixed toast for himself before he was found

Her scent traced out of house to the driveway, just behind the family car. Husband had rode his motorcycle to work that morning

JMO, from reading the articles, etc. it sounds like someone was watching her. They went to her home as soon as her husband left for work, broke in and abducted her. It's possible she didn't have the door locked. People didn't always do that living out in the country. Her purse was out on the kitchen table, perhaps she was offering the person money to get them to leave. Sounds like it started as a robbery.
    All statements are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoner View Post
    Was this an abandoned church? I wonder whether any evidence was saved from the church; it would probably have DNA a-plenty.
    Good question. It didn't sound like it was abandoned. Probably just no one there during the week, between services.

I kind of wonder if the nude woman running out the back door startled the witness. He may have looked inside the church, but was distracted enough that he didn't notice the perp hiding there? Just a theory. If there was a nude woman running out the back door, there had to be someone else on the premises or very close by. That person likely escaped when the witness left to call police. (no cell phones back in those days).

They had hundreds of volunteers who searched the area around the church after it was reported and found nothing. There also was no mention of the witness seeing a vehicle of any kind at the church. Wonder if there were tire tracks or anything to indicate someone had driven up there recently.
    Last edited by Betty P; 01-14-2018 at 01:22 PM.

I thought you said, the article said: it looked like someone had been living there?
    The theory or scenario you have just read is just an opinion or assumption!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibiz View Post
    I thought you said, the article said: it looked like someone had been living there?
    My apologies for not being clear. The news article said it looked as though someone had been there a while. It didn't say how long.

For some reason I don't think it was her.

Could she have been having an affair and met the person in the church?
    Thinking her son would stay asleep.
    But where did she go?
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!

Quote Originally Posted by charminglane View Post
    Could she have been having an affair and met the person in the church?
    Thinking her son would stay asleep.
    But where did she go?
    The guy said she ran out the back door and over a ridge, but I don't think he actually knew her, so I don't see how he could have said it was her. Exspecially since it dosent sound like he even could have gotten a very good look at whoever it was.

How did he even know he/she was a woman if he only saw the back side of whomever it was?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2