AZ - Twin Toddlers Die As Mom Swats Bee

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
3202d77f.gif

YUMA, Ariz. (AP) — Police say 18-month-old twin boys drowned in a southwestern Arizona canal after their stroller rolled into the flowing water when their mother stopped to bat away a bee.

Yuma police said 26-year-old Alexis Keslar jumped into the steep-sloped canal Friday but couldn't rescue the boys because the deep water was moving too fast.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

Oh, that is horrifying. Those poor babies! That mom!

Both the article and the video (promoting the online funding account and stating they were "attacked by bees") makes little to no sense.

3202d77f.gif

YUMA, Ariz. (AP) — Police say 18-month-old twin boys drowned in a southwestern Arizona canal after their stroller rolled into the flowing water when their mother stopped to bat away a bee.

Yuma police said 26-year-old Alexis Keslar jumped into the steep-sloped canal Friday but couldn't rescue the boys because the deep water was moving too fast.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

What a terrible tragedy R.I.P little ones.

Both the article and the video (promoting the online funding account and stating they were "attacked by bees") makes little to no sense.

She let go of a stroller after the bee "attacked" her, and stroller rolled into the water.
Police believe it was an accident.

She let go of a stroller after the bee "attacked" her, and stroller rolled into the water.
Police believe it was an accident.

The video promoting the online funding account claims she was "attacked by bees". They also show video of the area and it was a flat paved walkway.

Thanks for that heads up. I did not even notice the ad, as I have flash disabled in my browser. In any event, here is another link. It seems to have the funding link, also. From what I gather, that is how the media learned of this tragedy.

The video promoting the online funding account claims she was "attacked by bees". They also show video of the area and it was a flat paved walkway.

Her entire story sounds really unbelievable! The path is completely flat and very wide. Why was she so close to the edge that letting go of the stroller caused it to tumble down the side? Why was the stroller turned in the direction of the water? If she was going straight down the FLAT, WIDE path how did the stroller suddenly turn, roll through dirt & gravel and shoot off the side into the water? It seems so suspicious!

maybe she or one of the kids were allergic to bee stings?

^ that's really just wishful thinking tho.. i bet she pushed them in...

I have been uncertain about this story from the get-go. It was a bee. Pick up the pace, jog a 1/4 mile and forget about the bee. All that water right there! What if you just tripped and stuck your arm out as instinct has you do, and you whacked the stroller into the canal? This just seems like a really weird place to push a double wide or double long stroller. I just don't know. Twins I assume would be a lot of fun and attention-getting when new but after the excitement wears off, that is a lot of work. But I know nothing of this woman or her husband. It is just a story that makes me go,"Huh?"

What do the parents need $20,000 for? Funerals (average) together may be $7-10,000. I guess I am too old & behind the times to understand all this cash fund raising after a death in the family of a non-income earner. Sympathy, empathy, meals, charitable donations, prayers I get. The rest confuses me.

I was just in Yuma and those currents DO go very fast. Also, it is my understanding it was not a bee but a swarm of bees. I am guessing maybe she headed towards the water believing the bees would stop stinging her and underestimated the current?
This would have been a fatal event for me, even with an epipen, so I understand getting away from bees. I don't think she did it on purpose, I think she was panicking.

I'm buying it. It seems to me like a horrific, tragic accident. If there was any foul play, wouldn't this have caught LE's attention?

This is nothing like Elijah. :twocents:
Elijah's father was mentally ill, his mother had severe PPD after his birth at a rainbow gathering.
There were red flags all over that situation before Elijah's murder (a "neutral event" as they call it.)
Most importantly his sisters are STILL not in a safe situation. :facepalm:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...y-Elijah-Rainbow-drowns-at-bridge-Dad-charged

I also agree that I have heard this was a SWARM of bees... not one bee.

(Although there was a woman here who drove her car off a canyon road because a bee was in her car.) :twocents:

There are tethers that joggers use to attach themselves to the stroller.
I really think raising awareness of that which could have prevented this, should be the focus here. :twocents:

This is nothing like Elijah. :twocents:
Elijah's father was mentally ill, his mother had severe PPD after his birth at a rainbow gathering.
There were red flags all over that situation before Elijah's murder (a "neutral event" as they call it.)
Most importantly his sisters are STILL not in a safe situation. :facepalm:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...y-Elijah-Rainbow-drowns-at-bridge-Dad-charged

I also agree that I have heard this was a SWARM of bees... not one bee.

(Although there was a woman here who drove her car off a canyon road because a bee was in her car.) :twocents:

There are tethers that joggers use to attach themselves to the stroller.
I really think raising awareness of that which could have prevented this, should be the focus here. :twocents:

Sorry. It just reminded me of Elijah. I will alert my post to have it deleted.

I first want to say that this is such an incredibly sad thing. I can't imagine the depths of pain that the family and friends who knew these two boys. They are simply adorable and had to be so much fun just to sit and watch them play. I love kids at that age and to have twins must have just been utter cuteness to infinity and beyond. Looking at the family photo, they look like such a beautiful family. Their grief and loss must be overwhelming. No matter the circumstances, the loss of these two sweet little boys is a tragedy.

But I really want to know more about how it happened. The story seems a bit odd with the setting and bees in an area that looks devoid if plants or anything that would make it a place where bees would be. The pathway i saw in the video was dirt, which I can't imagine would be good to jog on with a twin stroller. Part of the area were very rocky and from my own stroller adventures, I would think would be unnavigatable. I just don't see enough clear pic of where it actually happened to be able to tell (since others have reported seeing a paved path along the canal).

I wonder if this was something the mom did often. Did she have a history as a runner or jogger or was this something new, or just a new path she was trying? There are just vital details about how it happened that i would like to know more about so I can fully understand this.

I can see why people might be suspicious. But police already closed the case.

Once upon a time I had two kids in a twin stroller, we came out from a door and I let go of the stroller on a patch of pavement for a moment while I was putting on gloves. It was flat so it stayed still for a while. But then there was a sudden forceful gust of wind and it caught the stroller and moved it just enough that it began rolling downhill.

I was this close to not catching them in time before they hit a van.

Any MSM links to "the swarm" of bees? Just curious. The case is closed, anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back