VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Remains found at Southampton home ID’d as missing Longwood student AJ Hadsell
APRIL 10, 2015

SOUTHAMPTON COUNTY, Va. — Norfolk police said the human remains discovered in the 34000 block of Smiths Ferry Road in Southampton County Thursday are those of missing Longwood University student Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell.

http://wtvr.com/2015/04/10/anjelica-aj-hadsell-remains-found-outside-abandoned-southampton-home/

635611025223203971-Untitled.png

Link

The Rules

Media Thread

BRING AJ HOME

SBHack's Case Map

Interview Transcript luckyseven

Joe Fisher Jail Interview Transcript luckyseven

Elizabella's Timeline AND Links

Purple text = info received via Social Media, Blue = Interview, Black = Media, and Red = LE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/16/could-int...d-against-him/
"Several law enforcement sources are telling NewsChannel 3 that investigators have noted the numerous times Wesley Hadsell spoke of his daughter that way, saying it could be a revealing clue."

Note: "Law enforcement sources are telling"...this is the first time I've heard from anyone other than WH that LE is seriously looking at him as the one who hurt AJ. Obviously we've assumed he was their #1 guy, but LE has been very tightlipped about anything and everything regarding WH except the charges for which he was arrested. Until now, it seems.

I have a feeling LE will be throwing a lot more crumbs our way in the next several days. (And I don't think Joe Fisher will be the one getting the scoop).

Yeah I think Marissa Jasek is going to start getting the stories now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here's where I'm wondering what WS-ers who attend the funeral will be able to say about it on here without violating the TOS.

I must admit to being tempted--I'm not local but not terribly far--but serious self-examination suggests that I have more curiosity than is prudent. You know what I mean? I feel like I'd be a looky-lou, as much as I do care about AJ and some of her survivors.

I bet that this is an issue for a lot of us: the line between compassion, prudence, etc., and very real intellectual curiosity and love of a good story. I don't know whether there's a thread where people talk about these matters, but I'd like to see one, with questions like "Is it right to attend the funeral of someone you never met?"

All fair and honest questions. As a former widow I loathe funerals so for me personally, I wouldn't go. But in a case like this where the victim just had this incredible way of wiggling her way into our hearts, I might consider going if it were local, and the family made it clear anyone was welcome. I probably still wouldn't go, but I don't think it's out of line to attend under those circumstances.

Are other WSers planning to attend the funeral? It is open to the public, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding WH's use of past tense:

Several law enforcement sources are telling NewsChannel 3 that investigators have noted the numerous times Wesley Hadsell spoke of his daughter that way, saying it could be a revealing clue.

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/16/could-interviews-with-aj-hadsells-adoptive-father-be-used-against-him/

From your link:

Hoffman told NewsChannel 3 on Thursday that a Norfolk homicide detective contacted her, asking if she had any portions of the interview that were not broadcast. She said she didn’t.

Hmm. That's interesting.

saw the report wtkr just ran at 5. really hope they have more evidence than WH pattern of using words in the 'past tense' when regarding AJ.

Oh I suspect it's entirely possible they have LOADS more.

What?!? Makes me think maybe he was selling drugs to people in her age group and it got back to her and she told JH and that's why WH was living in a hotel!

That's a bit of a stretch, but I have no idea what he was actually trying to say. Whatever it was, what came out was a huge Freudian oops.

To those asking about attending the funeral I will say this. I know this is just one instance but for what it's worth...

A very close friend lost her two teenaged stepchildren in a single vehicle car crash. There were thousands of people at the visitation and the funeral. We waited 3 hours outside in the snow just to get through the doors of the church and then waited another hour inside to get through the receiving line.

My friend was touched by the number of people who attended who didn't know her, her husband, the mom/stepdad, or the children. She was blown away by the support from people who turned up just to tell her how sorry they were. There were dozens of people who showed up who had lost children as well just to say "hey, I have been through this before and am here for support."

If you do go to the funeral, think about how many people you think will be there, then multiply that number by 4 or 5 and plan accordingly.

Was this pointed out and I missed it?

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/13/aj-hadsells-biological-father-i-just-regret-not-being-part-of-her-life/

Bren, would you be able to tell us the time of that FB message?

I am not a verified insider, but I imagine it would have been at Christmas time

Bringing this over from the last thread. For some reason my quote from the article didn't carry over. Here is the part I'm interested in:
On March 2, the day (AJ) disappeared, Langer says AJ’s mother reached out through Facebook, asking if he’d heard from AJ. However, Langer says they(he and AJ) hadn’t talked since last year.

I am looking for the time the FB message was sent from JH to your husband on March 2nd.

I greatly appreciate you returning to WS for AJ and to work on searching for justice, and for continuing to answer questions. Your love and respect for Mel and for AJ is evident. :loveyou:

Oh I suspect it's entirely possible they have LOADS more.
There's loads more in his statements that point to guilty knowledge, beyond referring to her in the past tense. And likely loads of evidence outside of the statements. It's good to see they are looking at the interviews in depth, they're so revealing of character.

Against attending funerals unless you knew the victim prior to his or her newsworthiness -- light a candle, recite a mantra, pray to your god, live life to the fullest each day -- but a funeral of someone you really did not know? Inappropriate. Steer clear.

Against attending funerals unless you knew the victim prior to his or her newsworthiness -- light a candle, recite a mantra, pray to your god, live life to the fullest each day -- but a funeral of someone you really did not know? Inappropriate. Steer clear.

I disagree. I went to the funeral of a teen girl that I did not know. She was in a car accident---her car was hit head on by a drunk driver on the Pacific Coast Highway/ :mad:

She went to my kids high school and my kids knew her but I had never met her. They had the memorial service at the school gymnasium and it was totally packed and overflowing. Her father, who survived the crash, and her boyfriend, who was paralyzed in the crash, were incredulous about how many showed up in her honor. No one was concerned about who had met her previously and who hadn't. :candle:

I have to agree. If you are a friend of a friend or family member or attended school but didn't know personally that is different. But to be a complete stranger to anyone at the service is a little too voyeuristic IMO. I apologize if I offend but basing my statement on 6 years of working in a funeral home.

As an example... He explains why he did or thought something without being asked somewhere around 80 times through the two CH and one JR interview. I may be overestimating that #, I left my copies on my desk at work, but if so it's not off by much. People with no knowledge or culpability of a crime don't feel the need to do that. They simply say 'I'. 'Did not'. 'Do the thing.', whatever that thing may be. Never once does he say, simply, I did not harm AJ, or I did not kill AJ, or I did not cause AJs disappearance.

The ...after the totally hinky/creepy got what she deserved, he goes on to say how accomplished she was, helped people, gave 100% in all her various roles. So, yes, I would call it eulogizing.

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/16/could-int...d-against-him/
"Several law enforcement sources are telling NewsChannel 3 that investigators have noted the numerous times Wesley Hadsell spoke of his daughter that way, saying it could be a revealing clue."

Note: "Law enforcement sources are telling"...this is the first time I've heard from anyone other than WH that LE is seriously looking at him as the one who hurt AJ. Obviously we've assumed he was their #1 guy, but LE has been very tightlipped about anything and everything regarding WH except the charges for which he was arrested. Until now, it seems.

I have a feeling LE will be throwing a lot more crumbs our way in the next several days. (And I don't think Joe Fisher will be the one getting the scoop).

For some reason the article has been renamed to Grammar Goof? Or clues in a crime? I'm pretty sure that wasn't the title earlier but I could be wrong.

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/16/could-interviews-with-aj-hadsells-adoptive-father-be-used-against-him/

ETA: Video's been added.

I think when it's funerals for young people it's much more acceptable to attend and pay your respects to show support. The biggest funeral I ever attended was for my friend's dad, he was mid 30s. Most of the town showed up, as well as friends and family.

In AJs case, since it's open to the public then they are okay with strangers coming to pay their respects and show support.

JMO, MOO, IMO etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members