Reporter Britt McHenry suspended after her rant at parking lot clerk goes viral

zwiebel

Reaction score
ESPN's reporter Britt McHenry has apologized and been suspended for one week after her rant at a parking lot attendant was captured on security video.

Despite the attendant telling McHenry there was a video, the reporter continued to berate the attendant, in front of other people, for her lack of education, her teeth, her low-skill work and told her 'I'm on TV!'

She ended the rant with 'Lose some weight, baby girl.'

The rather shocking video is at the link.

http://www.king5.com/story/entertai...6/britt-mchenry-espn-reporter-video/25906873/

Attachments

• 635648114721554688-britt-mchenry-5x7.jpg
    635648114721554688-britt-mchenry-5x7.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 182
I hope this jerk gets FIRED from her job. She is a mean, petty, classless person. I will never watch her--I'd switch the station if I saw her on tv.

That video is so disgusting. All I could think while watching it is that if that were my child (I have sons) I would be so embarrassed. The apology she issued rang on deaf ears to me. It seemed totally insincere. The person she berates for her missing teeth and weight is working and probably can barely get by let alone see a cosmetic dentist, etc.

I wouldn't even call it an apology. It was not heartfelt at all. It was like ' As frustrated as I was , I should have kept my cool..Oh whatever,,,'

SERIOUSLY? No mention of the utter crass cruelty spewing from her lips? :sigh:

Tried to edit but would not let me. Wanted to add I know tow companies can be predatory but from what I understand she left her car in the parking lot of a business that was closed for the night and had signs while she went to another bar. Arlington VA is not a small town place where you can do that. Parking is at a premium. I might be very upset if my car got towed but you don't handle that by personally attacking the person who is only doing her job.

Exactly. Yelling at the towing guy trying to take your car is one thing, although not advisable. lol But the lady who works in the payment office has nothing to do with your car being there. Here is this young, successful, high profile, attractive woman, who has everything going for her, and she has the nerve to berate and spew petty insults over something as meaningless as a car being towed? ugh

I am a sweetheart (by my own description) but I do have a flipping point. In my house it is called "going cable" because I got irate with the cable tv company after three months and six visits and still having intermittent service. I was irate but I never once resorted to personal insults to the inept people on the phone or the people who came out to the house. I also called back with an apology after it was finally fixed. I sent an email as well saying while I had every right to be upset and to be firm I had no right to raise my voice (although that is what got it done). I would have never have commented on the customer service person on the phone's education, looks etc. or have commented on the same to any of the workers who came to my house. You can be upset and not make it personal.

Exactly. Yelling at the towing guy trying to take your car is one thing, although not advisable. lol But the lady who works in the payment office has nothing to do with your car being there. Here is this young, successful, high profile, attractive woman, who has everything going for her, and she has the nerve to berate and spew petty insults over something as meaningless as a car being towed? ugh

BBM
I agree. Before this I had never heard of this woman. Of course, I don't watch ESPN either..like ever. This woman is vile, imo. She may be pretty on the outside but inside....:thinking: not so sure.
If someone had shown me a photo of this woman prior to this I would have said "wow, she's gorgeous." But after witnessing how she treated this woman who was only doing her job after this woman parked and left her vehicle somewhere she shouldn't have I now do not find her attractive at all in any regard. One can be outwardly very attractive but if you are nasty to myself and others it makes one ugly to me both inside and out.
Her "apology" was offensive to me. It would have been sincere if she would have said something to the effect of: "I want to apologize directly to the employee for my unacceptable behavior. The things I said were disrespectful and offensive and I am ashamed. I regret how I handled the situation. Mostly, I regret the awful things I said to this woman. I can only hope she will accept my sincerest apology and forgive me. ....etc"
This woman like you say, katydid23, is attractive, educated, and successful..it is such a shame that this is how she treats her fellow mankind and this is the example she is setting.
I'm glad she was suspended for a week however because of her "apology" I'm not so sure she has "learned her lesson." By the way she spoke to this employee and the nasty, insulting, mean things she said it appears this woman is used to getting what she wants...apparently also used to breaking rules and getting away with it...Perhaps she thought because she is on "television" that she can park her vehicle anywhere she wants for as long as she wants and if something were to happen like her car gets towed well she shouldn't have to pay the fine like the common folk do ...she's special ...she's on "television" and she has nice teeth. :rolleyes::mad:
If I ever stumble upon this person whose sense of entitlement is beyond offensive you can better believe I will change the channel. JMO/MOO

There is a saying...YOU CAN'T FIX UGLY...and it applies here. I could go on to pick apart this beautiful woman's appearance....but why would I. She has already made herself very unattractive with her actions.

I might get a time out but this woman focused on the looks of the person when she picked up her car...so here goes. Science says attractive is in a totally equal face.....she does not have that....big teeth, nose is not straight and a big forehead. She does have some good fake blonde hair.
You are a gorgeous girl...why cut down others...I used to model and now am just an average middle aged lady. I don't think women should be hurting other women.

It is always a double edged sword when someone chooses to cut someone else down for physical appearance. People, quite naturally, are tempted to turn that around on you. I think it takes a certain amount of blindness about your own physical shortcomings which would enable you to do that. I am not picking apart McHenry's appearance, because that would just be playing her game, but perhaps she needs to take another good long look at herself and spend a little time being realistic about why she is where she is in terms of her own employment. It is unlikely that the parking lot attendant was hired because of her outward appearance-she was hired because she could to this job.

As for Ms McHenry, can she say the same I wonder?

In any case, McHenry has a ways to go before she achieves a mea culpa here.

I wouldn't even call it an apology. It was not heartfelt at all. It was like ' As frustrated as I was , I should have kept my cool..Oh whatever,,,'

SERIOUSLY? No mention of the utter crass cruelty spewing from her lips? :sigh:

She states:

"In an intense and stressful moment, I allowed my emotions to get the best of me".

Unfortunately, for her, she doesn't sound like she's stressed out or that her emotions are getting the best of her. She sounds like she's calmly insulting someone with the most mean spirited comments she can think of. What a NASTY woman!!! A one week suspension isn't enough---she should be fired.

Pretty is as pretty does, huh?

Suspended for a whole week...way to go, ESPN! Gotta keep the hot babes with the nasty mouths out in front of the camera.

I might get a time out but this woman focused on the looks of the person when she picked up her car...so here goes. Science says attractive is in a totally equal face.....she does not have that....big teeth, nose is not straight and a big forehead. She does have some good fake blonde hair.
You are a gorgeous girl...why cut down others...I used to model and now am just an average middle aged lady. I don't think women should be hurting other women.

Women know how to hurt other women with their catty comments much better than any man could, isn't that the truth???

An online petition has been started calling for her resignation. :cheers:

I went "there" earlier. I apologize. As a person who has been considered beautiful and now get the "if you could lose weight" crowd....(No one knows why i have the weight issues...health related) I am angry at any weight or looks shaming. Good for her she can be on TV but F U if you insult others

I don't think she should be fired or suspended. Aren't people allowed to have bad days? To lose it once in a while without losing their job??
I am tired of this new culture where a mistake ends up being your demise. If we put that same measure on ourselves, Would we pass the test? I bet not. People do stupid things because they are PEOPLE!!!

I sure am glad my worst moment was never videoed.

She did not murder anyone, do drugs, steal anything, run over an animal.. She lost it.

Get over this and let her work. It has nothing to do with her job.

I don't think she should be fired or suspended. Aren't people allowed to have bad days? To lose it once in a while without losing their job??
I am tired of this new culture where a mistake ends up being your demise. If we put that same measure on ourselves, Would we pass the test? I bet not. People do stupid things because they are PEOPLE!!!

I sure am glad my worst moment was never videoed.

She did not murder anyone, do drugs, steal anything, run over an animal.. She lost it.

Get over this and let her work. It has nothing to do with her job.

She didn't 'lose it'. She wasn't on a rant or an angry rampage---she was calmly berating someone because she thought she was better than that person. If she had been directing her nasty comments at the towing company, I could understand. But she wasn't---she was directing PERSONAL, mean spirited, comments at someone who was just doing her job. She's a bully and if ESPN continues to employ her, their reputation is going to be toast.

And yes, it does have to do with her job. She's the one who made the comment "Don't you know who I am?"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back