CO - Autistic 6-year-old girl wants missing puppy, Gus, to come home

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Autistic 6-year-old girl wants missing puppy, Gus, to come home
Parker_and_Gus_1429248281034_16912597_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Parker along with her missing puppy Gus
DENVER - You don't have to spend long with Selina Maes and her daughter, Parker, to see how real their struggle is. "It's really hard for her to connect with other children, so the fact that she was able to connect with him...we just really want him back," Maes said. It's why her mom decided to get Parker Gus, a 5-month-old French Bulldog puppy. The two became fast friends; connections that were hard for her to develop with people, were easy with him.

"I think lights definitely are a huge impact for her," Maes said.

Last year, 6-year-old Parker was diagnosed with autism.

"She can't really seem to be alone, either I have to be be with her or someone has to be with her," Maes said.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...old-girl-wants-missing-puppy-gus-to-come-home

I'll get my dd to spread it thru all the rescues she does transport for. I know there are other folks on here who are involved or know people involved in rescue. Let's get Gus home.

This made me cry... at work. I sure do hope Gus comes home soon.

I hope she gets her puppy back. I adopted out one of my foster dogs, a pit bull mix, as an emotional support dog to a 5 year old non-verbal autistic girl. She loved the dog.

I also shared with the rescuers that I have contact with as well as on my fb page

Oh, Lord, I pray this child gets her puppy back -- and this puppy gets his girl back.

I emailed the reporter asking for an update. Unfortunately Gus is still missing. The family received a few leads but all were dead ends.

I hope whoever took the puppy didn't harm it. French bulldogs are expensive so the person who stole it, probably sold it. I hope they had it microchipped. I hope she will get her puppy back. I would never leave a puppy tied outside in sight of the street while going inside.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back