UK - Elsie Frost, 14, murdered, Wakefield, West Yorks, 9 Oct 1965 *Arrest*

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Interesting case, even without serial killer component; Daily Mail:

Why do police want to hide the secrets of little Elsie's savage
murder for 95 years... and is it linked to the Yorkshire Ripper?

⁍ Elsie Frost was 14-years-old when she was murdered on October 9, 1965
⁍ She was stabbed in the back and head in Wakefield, West Yorkshire
⁍ The case files relating to her murder have been sealed until 2060
⁍ Internet speculation suggests the murder was early crime of Peter Sutcliffe
Story at link above.

I'm going to speculate, it's the Devil in me that makes me do it :)

Maybe somebody (family) requested recently that they take another look at it, so they do DNA on the knife sheath. Now, did they find some DNA that either matched Peter Sutcliffe or another. I don't think they'd worry too much if it was PS's but something prompted the file to be closed.

Perhaps linked to the celebrity paedophiles? Jimmy saville et al?

Having just read the DM article it doesn't look likely to be linked to any paedophiles however I do wonder if perhaps someone in the public eye, be it Peter Sutcliffe or not, May be linked to the case. I'd assume they will have reassessed any DNA on the weapon etc now. Intriguing!

I'm going to speculate, it's the Devil in me that makes me do it :)

Maybe somebody (family) requested recently that they take another look at it, so they do DNA on the knife sheath. Now, did they find some DNA that either matched Peter Sutcliffe or another. I don't think they'd worry too much if it was PS's but something prompted the file to be closed.
Yes, agreed. And it did match that of a probably deceased VIP then?

Perhaps linked to the celebrity paedophiles? Jimmy saville et al?

I don't think it would be that either. They are getting found out of late so I doubt they want another kicking there, one loose end it would all unravel. It's something that, imo, isn't connected to anything known at the present and maybe, if the person responsible didn't do it again, they're on a safe bet.

It isn't connected either to the man they hounded, they were kind enough to leave that mans name in the archive for all to see.

95 more years...."Royal family?" I find myself stammering.

95 more years...."Royal family?" I find myself stammering.

I don't know what you could possibly mean, OUR Royal family, perish the thought :)

Nah, I doubt they would be connected, HRH Prince Andrew has already spent the tax payers money sorting the last fiasco out. I was thinking something simpler than that.

Who can say?

I find it implausible. If such a person was being shielded by the Establishment, anything that might incriminate him would have been destroyed, surely? I can't see them keeping his DNA handily available for checking.

I find it implausible. If such a person was being shielded by the Establishment, anything that might incriminate him would have been destroyed, surely? I can't see them keeping his DNA handily available for checking.
Wherein does the power ultimately lie? To maintain it one maintains proof.

I don't know what you could possibly mean, OUR Royal family, perish the thought :)

Nah, I doubt they would be connected, HRH Prince Andrew has already spent the tax payers money sorting the last fiasco out. I was thinking something simpler than that.
I've always avoided playing the royal trump too -- even (especially?) in the Ripper matter it appears just a wee bit too fanciful.

Having read both the Mail and the BBC articles, it's interesting that the last person to see her was also one of the first on the scene. One assumes the police investigated that person very closely and found nothing suspicious since they went on to prosecute someone else. But at the very least it narrows down the timing very tightly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back