CO - Toddler girl abandoned at Aurora restaurant

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
13691_918225651555678_8011119661305674387_n.jpg
11174811_918225631555680_3967592914525187252_n.jpg

The Aurora Police Department is seeking the public's help in located the parents or relatives of this young child.
Today at approximately 2:00P.M. Aurora Police received a call of a child left at the Los Toritos Restaurant 2 located at 9401 East Colfax Avenue. Upon arrival officers located the young girl who had been left alone in the restaurant. After an extensive search of the restaurant officers were unable to locate a parent or guardian. At the time of this posting no one has made a missing child report to either Aurora or Denver Police.
The child is a Hispanic female and appears to be around the age of 2. Her brown hair is pulled back into two pony tails. She only speaks Spanish. She is wearing a red shirt with Minnie Mouse on the front and white leopard print pants. She had no shoes or socks on at the time of contact.
The child is safe and in the custody of the Adams County Department of Social Services.
https://www.facebook.com/AuroraPoliceDepartment

Awwww. What a sweet face. I hope she ends up with a LOVING family and never has to deal with a sad situation like this again. :candle:

Oh my goodness . She is a cutie pie . I wonder what happened to her parents .

Thank god a good citizen found her and not a creeper

She looks like she has been well cared for, wonder what happened to her care giver

If the parents purposefully abandoned her, I'm thankful they chose abandonment at the restaurant over harming her. However, I fear someone may have harmed her parent/s and just decided to leave the little girl there. Hopefully, someone will see her face and recognize her.

Aurora Police Department
April 19 at 9:24pm · Edited ·

UPDATE: Thanks to Facebook the parents of the little girl who was left at the Los Toritos Restaurant have been located and are being interviewed by investigators. Thanks for all of the shares and tips. This case is still under investigation and no additional details are being released at this time.
via https://www.facebook.com/AuroraPoliceDepartment
ETA: this thread is worth checking out (sadly)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=918281728216737&id=367747823270133

If true, this child was in danger! I hope a full investigation is underway. She MUST be kept safe and sound! :please:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly, APD deleted the entire thread, which had commentary regarding the child's parents, her aunt, and her safety underneath the statement I posted above.

I hope some of my fellows WSers were able to read it before it went :poof:

I realize she is very much a minor and this is an active investigation. Social media is playing significantly in this process. What bothers me is that video existed of her in peril before this story broke.

Why didn't anyone say something sooner?
IMO it is a blessing she's alive and safe now. This is a golden opportunity to keep her that way. :moo:

Interestingly, APD deleted the entire thread, which had commentary regarding the child's parents, her aunt, and her safety underneath the statement I posted above.

I hope some of my fellows WSers were able to read it before it went :poof:

I realize she is very much a minor and this is an active investigation. Social media is playing significantly in this process. What bothers me is that video existed of her in peril before this story broke.

Why didn't anyone say something sooner?
IMO it is a blessing she's alive and safe now. This is a golden opportunity to keep her that way. :moo:

i tried to see it but i was too late, it was gone.....now i'm worried :(

praying for this little cutie pie :heartbeat:

Colorado Cops Find Parents of Child Alone at Restaurant 'Thanks to Facebook' - ABC News
(snip)
Among the tips on the police page were people attempting to identify the girl and her parents from other pictures on the Internet.

However, a police spokeswoman said the parents, themselves, saw the post and reclaimed their child.

"It was a miscommunication between the adults that the [child] was left behind," Diana Cooley of the Aurora Police Department told ABC News today via email. "They realized through the sharing of the Facebook post that she was not [with] who she was supposed to be with. They contacted PD after they saw post. No charges. We are not releasing the identity of the individuals."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/colorado-cops-facebook-finding-parents-child-restaurant/story?id=30446833

-----

Based on this story, I'm even more worried! The posts (with videos and images that showed the girl was in danger) directly contradict what is written in this article.

How can she be reunited with her parents and no charges filed? This seems like back peddling to me :moo: :cow:

:scared: :confused:

Please, Aurora PD, don't just let this go at face value! Where there's smoke, there's fire! Please keep her safe! People are at least willing to speak out - and submit proof now. Better late than never! She deserves to have the best life possible.

UGH I am SO worried!

omg now i'm really alarmed :scared:

wth was in the video.......are they seriously putting this child back into a danger situation??? my imagination is going wild here.........

call the news station (anonomously if you want) and report what you saw!!! get the story out there and make the police comment, omg

omg now i'm really alarmed :scared:

wth was in the video.......are they seriously putting this child back into a danger situation??? my imagination is going wild here.........

call the news station (anonomously if you want) and report what you saw!!! get the story out there and make the police comment, omg

I'm trying to reach out to you.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10