It's toad time

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Thousands of quarter-sized toads have invaded this north-central Montana farming community, causing slippery streets and raising the entrepreneurial spirits of some.
The toads started showing up in the southeast portion of town in the past couple of weeks.

Karen Jesperson said some lawns in town are filled with so many toads, it looks like the grass is moving.

"They're pretty cute," she said.

Breezy Baumgarn, who works at the grocery store on Main Street, said driving in town is a little sticky because the roads are filled with tiny, smashed toads.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/24hour/weird/story/2633089p-11119638c.html

this sounds like money to me. A lot of people in southern FL. like to LICK TOADS TO GET HIGH!!! I an dead serious...they could come where you are and have a toad-likin' good time, and everybody wins! I have to laugh every time I think of toad licking. Not only should it be legal, we should encourage it. That way we get to witness a really unique portion of our society, and get rid of some toads at the same time!...mpi

mysteriew said:
Thousands of quarter-sized toads have invaded this north-central Montana farming community, causing slippery streets and raising the entrepreneurial spirits of some.
The toads started showing up in the southeast portion of town in the past couple of weeks.

Karen Jesperson said some lawns in town are filled with so many toads, it looks like the grass is moving.

"They're pretty cute," she said.

Breezy Baumgarn, who works at the grocery store on Main Street, said driving in town is a little sticky because the roads are filled with tiny, smashed toads.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/24hour/weird/story/2633089p-11119638c.html
Uhh..could you spare a couple of them toads? I'll pay the postage...mpi

Magnum PI said:
Uhh..could you spare a couple of them toads? I'll pay the postage...mpi

LOL, they aren't MY toads. You've got something in mind don't you? Pleasure or profit?

mysteriew said:
LOL, they aren't MY toads. You've got something in mind don't you? Pleasure or profit?
Well, if they are in your yard, aren't they your toads? I have pleasure AND profit in mind...but I can't disclose that now. Have you got the toads or not? I need pricing, sizes, quantity discounts..maybe a sample toad?..mpi

Beyond Belief said:
Bufotenine, I think is the hallucinogen.
Thank you, I believe it occurs in some plants as well. I'm sure that the Gov. will erradicate toads, plants or anything that might be used to get high, before even considering any beneficial uses. All cattle feed has in it a fungicide(mandated by Gov.) to kill the Cubensis mushroom(grows on cow dung) because people were eating them to get high...now we all have to eat fungicide in our burgers because of it, forget the fact that some of us may be allergic to it..mpi

Kiss the little froggy and he turns into Prince Charming. I wonder how many years this little game has been around.:rolleyes:

Beyond Belief said:
Kiss the little froggy and he turns into Prince Charming. I wonder how many years this little game has been around.:rolleyes:

Hhhmmmmm...........you think that is how that particular fairy tale got started? Someone kissed a toad, got high, suddenly the "frog" looked like Prince Charming? How about it MPI, seems you are the expert, could that have happened?

mysteriew said:
Hhhmmmmm...........you think that is how that particular fairy tale got started? Someone kissed a toad, got high, suddenly the "frog" looked like Prince Charming? How about it MPI, seems you are the expert, could that have happened?
Nope, never tried frog licking, just heard of it recently, along with lizard dung smoking, and they both seem too funny for me. I read an article about a young couple being arrested for tresspassing in a farmers field..seems they had some mushrooms on them, and were charged with drug possession. When they went before the judge, he said "Look here, drugs are drugs, but these mushrooms are just mushrooms, get out of my court with this nonsence." Anyone stupid enough to lick a toad deserves everything they get..I was told as a child if you even handled a toad you would get warts on your hands..don't know if that is true either..mpi

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back