Australia - Baby in coma after car crashes into Geelong, Victoria house

zwiebel

Reaction score
A four-month-old baby girl, Isobelle, is in critical condition and in a coma after a car smashed into their house in Geelong, Victoria. Her parents, Natalie and Dylan, escaped with minor injuries.

Neighbours report an occupant of the house lashed out at the driver with a fence post and knocked him to the ground, after the accident. A Grovedale man, age 20, is now under police guard in hospital. I'm presuming that is the driver and not the occupant of the house, though the article doesn't say.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...dition-after-car-crashes-into-geelong-bedroom

Attachments

• 150420_gtv_baby_5.jpeg
    150420_gtv_baby_5.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 43
The baby is still fighting for her life in hospital. The vehicle ploughed straight into her bedroom. This local article is naming her as Isabelle (except in the photo where she's Isabella) so I think that's the correct spelling of her name.

Dad Dylan remains in a Geelong hospital but mother Natalie has been released and has gone to Melbourne to be with her baby, who was airlifted to a hospital there because of her severe head injuries. Her coma has been deliberately induced by doctors. Surname of the family have not been released. Local people have spoken out about what they say is a problem with speeding drivers in the area.

Isabelle’s grandfather, Alfred Grech, spoke to the media outside the destroyed house yesterday, saying Isabelle was “beautiful” and providing a photo of the baby girl...

Norma, who lives next to the home, said she was watching TV when the crash occurred...

“It sounded like an explosion, it was that loud... I could hear a man screaming out that his baby was in there and I was so worried for them. ‘My baby’s in there,’ he was yelling at them.”...

It’s understood ambulance workers were delayed by a violent incident in the minutes following the crash.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers 1800 333 000 or visit crimestoppersvic.com.au

ETA: There seems to be surveillance video of the vehicle in the moments before the crash at the link.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...me-in-breakwater/story-fnjuhoxe-1227311386097

Attachments

• 026030-b6b14410-e720-11e4-9321-13d21702e16c.jpg
    026030-b6b14410-e720-11e4-9321-13d21702e16c.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 29
Oh dear gods... this *almost* happened to my house not long ago.. drunk driver ploughed through my yard, and missed piling into the loungeroom I was sitting in, three feet from where the car ended up outside, only because of a tree in front of the window. Going so fast, the car knocked massive chunks of bricks from the front fence into the house, knocking holes in it. Terrifying? The word doesn't cover it. I was so angry.. I can't imagine what the parents of this poor little child are feeling.

Too many drunk drivers around. And too many people using local streets as late night burn out strips/drag strips/etc. It's relaly, really bad around here for that.

I hope this poor wee one recovers.. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back