SC - Shamaree Brown, 2, dies of head trauma, Hopkins, 5 Aug 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
News 10 has learned that Robert Hutto, who is now charged in the death of his son, has been charged before with child abuse.

WIS has learned that this isn't the first time Hutto has been accused of harming a child, according to police reports.

Hutto has another son. Just last year, Hutto was charged with cruelty to children when, according to police reports, he hit his five year old son with a belt, bruising the child's thigh, forearm and back.

Family members tell News 10 Hutto went before a magistrate in that case, but never served any time. He was charged a $550 fine.

Relatives of Hutto's other son, say that young man, now six, saw his dad on the news last night. He told his family that he wants to be in the court room for that bond hearing.
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3725102

ummmmm I don't think that I would let a six year old make a decision like that. Way too young to be going to court to see his daddy in court facing murder charges.

golfmom said:
ummmmm I don't think that I would let a six year old make a decision like that. Way too young to be going to court to see his daddy in court facing murder charges.

Daddy had already been convicted of beating him and was on trial for killing his brother. I don't know that I would let him, but I would seriously give it consideration. It would all depend on the child, the situation, and the degree of distress he had been in. And of course I would already have had the child in counseling, so it would also depend on the therapist's recommendation. I wouldn't dismiss the idea without consideration.

Well said, mysteriew. It depends on the child, his maturity, etc. Perhaps it would in some way help him to see his father being punished for his treatment of his children, confirming that such behavior is unacceptable and has consequences.

I cannot find any prosecution for this guy. He is not in county jail, he is not in DOC. No news stories beyond the one above.

I cannot find any prosecution for this guy. He is not in county jail, he is not in DOC. No news stories beyond the one above.

maybe he did the world a favor and offed himself

Well said, mysteriew. It depends on the child, his maturity, etc. Perhaps it would in some way help him to see his father being punished for his treatment of his children, confirming that such behavior is unacceptable and has consequences.

It's been my personal expeience oftentimes abused children have a VERY strong sense of justice, especially if they are believed, saved and protected. They need to know that there's harsh consequences for their abuser. They have a unshakable moral compass and don't see gray ares, just right and wrong.

In my son's case, just telling him was enough. But even now, 9 and a half years later...he still has a strong sense of justice. He even went to Jr. Police Academy because he wants to be a police officer. ( I am proud, but deep down not real happy about it)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back