Donald Scott Brunstetter, Round Two.

LisaB

Reaction score
Website
noparole4pedophile.weebly.com
Thank You for sharing what you and your Daughter Lauren have gone thru. I'm so very sorry to read how you were both victimized not only by him, the system but also a lack of Family support. Happy to read you have a support system here. Words escape me how courageous you both have been thru this horrific journey. You stated Lauren still has her struggles but time and continuous counselling will hopefully bring her to the other side. It's a long process moving beyond. Yes it has been my experience that Sex Offenders are repeat Offenders. Some were quite happy to tell me that. My work in that sector was over 20 years ago. I transferred out as I carried work home. In my head. I agree his confession was simply self serving. You are doing all the things to aid in recovery for both of you. Speaking out here and publicly. Your continued fight to keep him behind bars is remarkable. If I can be of any help in any capacity with his upcoming Parole Hearing please let me/us know. Again Thank You for bringing this to my attention. IMO given his history and in all likelihood a lack of meaningful employment he will end up behind bars when he does get out.

OK folks, Here's the update. The parole hearing has been set for July 30th at 10:30am. Lauren and I will be attending, and would greatly appreciate letters written to the Parole Board on our behalf. They can be faxed. emailed, or mailed.

Please help us keep this dangerous predator behind bars for three more years!

On Friday, July 30 at 10:30AM, Donald Scott Brunstetter will have his second parole hearing since being convicted of, and subsequently admitting to numerous counts of Assault, Child Abuse, Child Sexual Abuse by a Parent or Custodian, Second, and Third Degree Sex Offenses against a child under the age of 10, and Unnatural or Perverted Practice.

Although his combined sentence for all charges totalled 55 years, the judge on the case decided to suspend a portion of each sentence and to have Mr. Brunstetter serve several sentences concurrently rather than consecutively. When we left the sentencing hearing, he had just 10 years to serve, provided he did not cause additional trouble while incarcerated. (He is credited 1 day for every 2 days he serves, so his fifteen year sentence really amounts to just 10 years.

My daughter still struggles in many areas of her life. She has huge boundary issues, is unable to get and keep gainful employment, in spite of several attempts at college and certificate programs geared toward get her on some sort of career path. Her sentence has ALREADY been 15 years, and there is no end in sight. Why does this man get to walk away from the wreckage he caused (after just 7 years) if he gets paroled, when she can't?

Please take a few minutes to write a letter protesting the early release of this man at the upcoming hearing. If we succeed, it will be his LAST parole hearing before his sentence (reduced to 2/3 of the original 15 years due to credit for "good behavior" while in prison) runs out, and he is released in 2018.

Send your letters by snail-mail, email, or FAX to:
David Blumberg
MARYLAND PAROLE COMMISSION
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 307,
Baltimore, MD 21215 - 2341

e-mail: dblumberg@dpscs.state.md.us

FAX: 410.764.4433

I'll be adding more sample letters to the website as they are provided to me. If you don't mind having your letter used as an example, please let me know, and provide me with a copy. I'd love to see the letters people send, since i did not get to read many of them last time.

EXAMPLE LETTER:

David Blumberg
Maryland Parole Commission
6776 Reisterstown Road Suite 307
Baltimore, MD 21215

Dear Parole Board,

Donald Scott Brunstetter has a parole hearing on July 30, 2015. Mr. Brunstetter made a choice to repeatedly molest a child. Not once but repeatedly for several years. Any adult who chooses to make a child suffer over and over for their own sexual deviance should not be given parole. Mr Brunstetter showed his victim no mercy.
I beg you to be a voice for our innocent children, they are depending on us. Tell Mr Brunstetter that our children do matter.
The victim was imposed a life sentence at the hands of Mr. Brunstetter.

Please Don't Grant Mr. Brunstetter Parole.

Sincerely,

LisaB, I will be writing my letter, again, today! I am so sorry you and Lauren have to go through this but I want to believe that it allows the two of you some sense of power back... at least that is my hope. Blessings and prayers for your continued strength and healing. I know how much it hurts~ Frigga

LisaB,

The last time you were designated as a victim. Does that now allow that you AND your dd can EACH have a companion to speak to the parole board? I was thinking that that change the last time would allow others to join you and there would be four speakers at the hearing? That might be a stretch as they didn't even send a letter last time, who knows though. :notgood: Things may have changed for the other family members since 3 years ago and they will support moreso this go round.

ETA: In going through the old thread, saw posting and support from SoonerFan#1. :crying: Miss her. Any updates on Mr. Sooner that anyone knows of as last I heard, he had health issues but never saw an update. Sorry for the O/T. :grouphug:

:bump:

Sent! :grouphug: A copy of what was sent has been forwarded to you as requested.

You may want to have Tricia add this thread link to her notice in addition to your previous thread ?

ETA: This is the previous WS thread on his first parole hearing with background http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?177898-***DENIED!***-Our-First-Case-Let-s-Keep-PedophileDonald-Scott-Brunstetter-in-prison!

LisaB... update as to receipt

"Your e-mail will be placed in Mr. Brunstetter’s file for consideration at his upcoming parole hearing. The Parole Commission appreciates the interest you have taken in this case.

Sincerely;

Ruth Ann Ogle, Program Manager (Hearings)"

LisaB,

The last time you were designated as a victim. Does that now allow that you AND your dd can EACH have a companion to speak to the parole board? I was thinking that that change the last time would allow others to join you and there would be four speakers at the hearing? That might be a stretch as they didn't even send a letter last time, who knows though. :notgood: Things may have changed for the other family members since 3 years ago and they will support moreso this go round.

ETA: In going through the old thread, saw posting and support from SoonerFan#1. :crying: Miss her. Any updates on Mr. Sooner that anyone knows of as last I heard, he had health issues but never saw an update. Sorry for the O/T. :grouphug:

I am not sure they will allow me to speak at all this time, so I am writing my own letter to include with all of yours. The reason I get the "invitations" to the hearings is that she was a minor when he was incarcerated, and as her guardian/parent I was included. The court does not consider me to be a victim at all. I know it is a terrible thing to say, but I hope they decline his parole, and then he goes back to his cell and hangs himself. I just want it over. As long as he walks the earth, it won't be.

Heard the Tricia show from last night. Hope that it garners more support !

Heard the Tricia show from last night. Hope that it garners more support !
Thanks!
I wish I had had just a few minutes more. I would have probably tried to see what i could eliminate, but thought I'd be on for 15 minutes, so my list of bullet points was a bit more than we had time for.

On Friday, July 30 at 10:30AM, Donald Scott Brunstetter will have his second parole hearing since being convicted of, and subsequently admitting to numerous counts of Assault, Child Abuse, Child Sexual Abuse by a Parent or Custodian, Second, and Third Degree Sex Offenses against a child under the age of 10, and Unnatural or Perverted Practice.

(RSBM)

Send your letters by snail-mail, email, or FAX to:
David Blumberg
MARYLAND PAROLE COMMISSION
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 307,
Baltimore, MD 21215 - 2341

e-mail: dblumberg@dpscs.state.md.us

FAX: 410.764.4433

LisaB - Wanted to let you know that I just sent an email to the parole board urging Denial of Parole for Donald Scott Brunstetter on Friday, July 30th.

Add one more letter to the stack...!

LisaB, I am horrified by what you and your precious daughter have gone through. Letter sent. Copy in your PM file. Keep the faith!
(((hugs)))

We went to Hagerstown today. Lauren had a very good statement ready about how this has affected her. I took a different approach with mine, focusing on HIM instead of Lauren. I cited specific, easily verifiable instances of him telling huge lies, to me, to judges, and even to the previous parole board. I saw them check the file twice, and they saw I wasn't making it up.

I admitted he had fooled me again and again, and urged them not to be fooled by his promises to comply with parole requirements, and not re-offend. He's gotten by most of his life by lying, and he soon showed them he hasn't changed.

The female board member mentioned that they "had gotten all of the correspondence. And I mean ALL of the correspondence" in reference to the letter writing campaign. Thanks for writing. It helped.

He came in and was basically very belligerent, argumentative and was demonstrating why his attorneys kept him from testifying at his trial. I made notes of eight more HUGE and verifiable lies, as well as discrepancies in the things he said, compared to the last parole hearing!

They ended the hearing early, after he couldn't make it through the second of three phases of the hearing. As a result, they denied his parole.

I was cleaning out old emails and found the letter I wrote in 2015 to the parole board. I was afraid to ask about the outcome. I just logged in to the MD dept. of corrections to find he is still an inmate. WOO HOO. I see the comment that he is due out in 2018, is there another parole hearing or does he just get out? I would be happy to write again if needed. In my golden years I told my kids I plan to be the person who waits outside of jails for pigs like this to get released and well, you can figure out the rest. I still have a few years to go and just may be inspired to start early while I am still agile and have a big following of friends to alibi me! Please don't hesitate to reach out if I can do anything at all. They don't show his picture. I am torn whether I want to see his face or not but will forever wonder about kind of person who's life leads them to stealing the innocence of children and what we can do to put an end to it and them. I am a survivor and will do anything to protect anyone's child and hope yours is doing well and can overcome what wasn't her fault and should never bring her down. Have a blessed year to come and again if anyone needs letters like these or just someone to talk to when no one else understands I am here and will answer messages.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back