Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Reported Missing from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
This thread is for discussion of the details of AJ's disappearance.
Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell
635611025223203971-Untitled.png

Norfolk Police searching for missing teen
NORFOLK-- Police need your help in the search for a missing Norfolk teen.

18-year-old. Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell was last seen on March 3, 2015 around 5:30 a.m. at her parent's home in the Tarrallton Area of Norfolk.

Her parents reported her missing around 9:15 that evening.

Norfolk Detectives have no indication of foul play but they are actively searching for her.
http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...k-police-searching-for-missing-teen/24410513/
Thanks to raysgirl1126 for the MPR

Missing Person Report p1

Missing Person Report p2

Norfolk detectives search for missing 18-year-old
March 4, 2015

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk police are searching for an 18-year-old girl who has been missing since Monday.

Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell was last seen around 2:30 p.m. Monday at her parent’s home in the Tarrallton area of Norfolk, according to family members. A neighbor said he saw AJ leaving and returning to the family’s Millard Street home. The family reported her missing around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday, according to police.
snip

Mrs. Hadsell said the last time she heard from AJ was by text message at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday. She said her daughter said she was fine, but that she was not ready to come home. Mrs. Hadsell isn’t sure if it was AJ or someone else on the other end of the phone.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/

Possible sighting of missing Norfolk teen at VCU
MARCH 6, 2015

Angelica “AJ” Hadsell, 18, may have been spotted on the Richmond campus Wednesday, a day after police said the teen was last seen at her parents Norfolk home.

“That’s like a two hour drive, so it was surprising at first and kind of alarming,” VCU freshman Teresa Majette said.

http://wtvr.com/2015/03/06/possible-sighting-of-missing-norfolk-teen-at-vcu/

Cash reward offered in search for missing teen
March 9, 2015

The $3,000 reward is for information leading to the whereabouts of the 18-year-old.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/09/cash-reward-offered-in-search-for-missing-teen/

MISSING in AMERICA: Anjelica Hadsell

anjeliciatemplate_a7ddf30005c8f71e0b7f6f835b2fc225.nbcnews-ux-720-360.jpg

Anjelica Hadsell, known as AJ to family and friends, was last seen by a neighbor driving her car towards her parents' home on March 2nd in Norfolk, Virginia. A neighbor reported seeing AJ driving "with purpose" and then saw a white four-door vehicle following about a minute behind her. That same white car was then seen in the family's driveway, according to AJ's father. The college freshman, who was home on spring break from Longwood University, had recently had problems with someone she knew.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/missing-america-anjelica-hadsell-n324491

Teen disappears while home for spring break
Wed March 11, 2015

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/03/11/angelica-hadsell-missing-spring-break-virginia

Is Anjelica Hadsell in danger?
Family convinced missing teen taken against her will
March 13, 2015

“She was scared of a situation, and we didn’t know about it,” Mr. Hadsell said. He told WAVY.com he believes he knows at least one person who is involved.

“She didn’t go on her own,” Mr. Hadsell said. “She’s not just sitting somewhere happy watching TV, watching this. What 18-year-old kid wouldn’t be on social media right now?”

Mr. Hadsell told 10 On Your Side police have recovered pieces of his daughter’s debit card and her jacket, which a neighbor said he saw Anjelica wearing the day of her disappearance. The Norfolk Police Department has not confirmed that information, but they did tell WAVY.com they are vetting all leads. Police say they have had detectives assigned to this case every day since it was reported.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/13/is-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger/

Is the belief that her father murdered her and left her in that house and was planting evidence when he was caught?

Please dont be frustrated by the question-I have been trying to get a handle on this via the media. I can see absolutely why he is a danger to society and deserves a no bond. But I am trying to get a sense of the belief regarding his hand in her death.

Is the belief that her father murdered her and left her in that house and was planting evidence when he was caught?

Please dont be frustrated by the question-I have been trying to get a handle on this via the media. I can see absolutely why he is a danger to society and deserves a no bond. But I am trying to get a sense of the belief regarding his hand in her death.
Overwhelming evidence, points to WH being either the last person or one of a very few last persons to see Angelica in Norfolk.

I'd say a majority of the posters here believe her dad, Wesley, killed her but there are a few of us who haven't jumped on that bandwagon. There are definitely some interesting players in this case.

Overwhelming evidence, points to WH being either the last person or one of a very few last persons to see Angelica in Norfolk.

Overwhelming circumstantial evidence. We also have to bear in mind that there is no direct evidence known publicly that ties WH to AJ's disappearance. LE presumably has direct forensic evidence as well, and they seem to be focused primarily or entirely on WH, so you might infer that the forensic evidence that they have also points to WH, but there is still a lot that is not known publicly about this case.

It's my opinion that it's very likely true that WH was involved in the disappearance, but I need to see more when the forensic evidence is released (maybe not until the trial...). What is known publicly as of right now is not enough to convict him (other than for the charges he is currently jailed for).

Overwhelming circumstantial evidence. We also have to bear in mind that there is no direct evidence known publicly that ties WH to AJ's disappearance. LE presumably has direct forensic evidence as well, and they seem to be focused primarily or entirely on WH, so you might infer that the forensic evidence that they have also points to WH, but there is still a lot that is not known publicly about this case.

It's my opinion that it's very likely true that WH was involved in the disappearance, but I need to see more when the forensic evidence is released (maybe not until the trial...). What is known publicly as of right now is not enough to convict him (other than for the charges he is currently jailed for).

BBM, if the jacket in the "texting friend" / CF's house was in fact AJ's and was what she was last wearing, then WH's admitted possession of that jacket (although he claims to have found it) is direct evidence connecting him to her disappearance. IMO, of course. To dismiss that WH has to either admit that he lied about what she was last wearing (directly implicating him again) or hope that LE can prove the friend's involvement.

BBM, if the jacket in the "texting friend" / CF's house was in fact AJ's and was what she was last wearing, then WH's admitted possession of that jacket (although he claims to have found it) is direct evidence connecting him to her disappearance. IMO, of course. To dismiss that WH has to either admit that he lied about what she was last wearing (directly implicating him again) or hope that LE can prove the friend's involvement.

The last verified sighting we have of AJ was her sister who saw her in PJs. Wes informed searchers of clothing to look for. There is presumably clothing also redacted from MP report, but we don't know who supplied that information. If that also came from Wed, and if that clothing was found with AJ, that would be pretty good evidence, too.

(I do not place any confidence in any other 'witnesses' to the events of March 2, since they have admitted to being unsure of dates and times according to Zach.)

The last verified sighting we have of AJ was her sister who saw her in PJs. Wes informed searchers of clothing to look for. There is presumably clothing also redacted from MP report, but we don't know who supplied that information. If that also came from Wed, and if that clothing was found with AJ, that would be pretty good evidence, too.

(I do not place any confidence in any other 'witnesses' to the events of March 2, since they have admitted to being unsure of dates and times according to Zach.)

I checked into the documents thread but couldnt find any listed. LINK HERE

Is there a reference area where there are documents related to AJ's disappearance and discovery?

Many thanks :)

The last verified sighting we have of AJ was her sisterwho saw her in PJs. Wes informed searchers of clothing to look for. There is presumably clothing also redacted from MP report, but we don't know who supplied that information. If that also came from Wed, and if that clothing was found with AJ, that would be pretty good evidence, too.

BBM

Do we know for a fact that when the sisters saw her she was in PJ's? I recall several people discussing that, but I don't recall us ever hearing that it was a fact. Maybe I missed something?

BBM

Do we know for a fact that when the sisters saw her she was in PJ's? I recall several people discussing that, but I don't recall us ever hearing that it was a fact. Maybe I missed something?

If I remember correctly a poster asked ZH why AJ's sister felt AJ had not just come in the house at 7am (instead of just having got up from bed) and he replied due to AJ having pj's on.
Hmmm not sure that is totally correct but something very similar to that. Im sure it came from Z.

Glad we have a forum for AJ hope everyone sticks with it.
I'd like to know who outside the family talked to her last and who she communicated with last outside the family and when that was. And then what her usual would be.

If I remember correctly a poster asked ZH why AJ's sister felt AJ had not just come in the house at 7am (instead of just having got up from bed) and he replied due to AJ having pj's on.
Hmmm not sure that is totally correct but something very similar to that. Im sure it came from Z.

Wasn't there a description of the clothing AJ was last wearing early on? I seem to remember black Uggs boots, black(?) pants, something brown? Anyone else remember seeing this description??

Wasn't there a description of the clothing AJ was last wearing early on? I seem to remember black Uggs boots, black(?) pants, something brown? Anyone else remember seeing this description??

I ran a query on "Ugg" and found this:

OP by Ontario Mom - Thead #4
One of the locals who participated in a search early on was told by LE she was last known to be wearing a blue jacket, pink top, black leggings, ugg type boots, a ring and a Harry Potter necklace. Black iphone case and white headband. (and that was all from memory but I'm pretty sure I remembered everything - anyway I hope I did).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11611133

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rfolk-3-March-2015-12&p=11665892#post11665892

margarita25 said:
Zach, I'm sorry if this is a repeated question here and you have already addressed this; there are so many posts to weed through and catch up on...

Looking back on some of some of your initial posts you mentioned something along the lines that the other siblings in the house thought she was going back to bed when they saw her (hope I got this right)...was there something specifically that made them think this?
she was still in her pajamas and it was spring break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member