Search Efforts by Family and Community Members

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Discussion of searches led by Wesley Hadsell and other family and friends
CSCI4MJ.jpg

Marcella Robertson
‏@13MarcellaRob
Family and friends are searching the neighborhood where Anjelica Hadsell was last seen
8:05 AM - 6 Mar 2015

Search Is on for Missing Virginia Student Angelica Hadsell - YouTube Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubcBMxDqTsU

Family, friends search for missing Norfolk teen
Staff, 13News Now 5:46 p.m. EDT April 10, 2015

NORFOLK -- Family and friends were searching Friday for 18-year-old Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, who hasn't communicated with them since March 2.
Norfolk Police said Thursday they were trying to confirm whether she was spotted on the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University.

[...]
Her friends have been coming in and out of her home and passing out missing flyers in the neighborhood.
"This is not Anjelica. We all know her, we know how she would act and this is out of character," said her longtime friend Andre Barr.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/

"AJ’s friend found her credit card laying on the street one block from her home, according to Mrs. Hadsell. She said the credit card was sliced in half.

“For me, it’s just the first thing that relates to her that I know for a fact that is hers …. I know that a broken credit card on the street means nothing, but I know that she doesn't have it on her,” Mrs. Hadsell said."

AJ's credit card, sliced in half and found a block from her from her home is really bugging me. I don't feel like that means nothing, as Mrs. Hadsell said. Any thoughts?

From the videos at the links posted above, her dad, friends, neighbors (about 50 people) were vigorously combing the streets. Her dad is very torn up...he was out there helping lead the search. As Londonrraine just posted above, some pieces of her credit card appear to have been found ("matching numbers"), and some homes have security cameras so hopefully there is something on them; detectives were shown in the videos as arriving towards the end of the search to follow up on the leads.

It seems odd to me that if she was abducted by her home, that it would be an opportune moment to take the time to cut her credit card, just seems odd at this time...maybe it was thrown there later? Red herring? Taunting? (Thinking out loud)

JMO: I do not have faith in sightings; they seem to very rarely pan out in the cases I've followed imo, so I will be surprised if anything comes of the college campus sighting. I'm hopeful though!

None of this is sounding good at all. Hoping for AJ's safe return. I will definitely be keeping my eyes on this case.

I anticipate that this case will get a lot of attention, as most cases out of Virginia involving youñg ladies (AM, MH, HG) seem to have. IMO, Virginia's LE groups have performed exceptionally thoroughly, resolute and at a higher caliber than other agencies in other cases out of other states that I've seen.

Same old questions...any attempted abductions in the area? RSOs...? We know RAT and JLM are behind bars...Hopefully LE can provide more information soon as to phone pings, electronic footprint, etc.

Everything is jmo.

AJ's mother, in one of the videos made the comment for everyone to please just keep posting, sharing, tagging, not to stop...

Its so awful for these families in these cases. I just hate it.

Her debit card was cut into pieces? And cut into so many pieces and scattered so it took a while to find all or most of it? Why do that if foul play is involved? I would think a criminal would leave her card intact somewhere hoping that someone would use it illegally and deflect the investigation away from themselves. I would like to know when that card was last used.

Looking at the area on a map, the intersection of Halprin Drive and E. Little Creek Road has some businesses - Dunkin Donuts, Walgreen's, Wedgewood Plaza Shopping Center. Maybe quite a few blocks to walk, but I'm wondering if she grew up there she might have walked it more than a few times so she is accustomed to walking over to that area. I would hope Norfolk PD has pulled videos from some of those businesses.

I was wondering the same thing - why would a criminal cut up their victims credit card? That sounds more like the actions of the card's owner....

I can help with a map. The only location I have so far Halpern drive, where her credit card was found.

That green in the middle, labled Tarrallton park is then ementary school. She was last seen to the right of Tarralton where her family lives. The area directly to the left of Tarrallton is the housing area I spoke of, and it is connected to the school grounds by a foot bridge. I will make up a more detailed map in just a minute.

Is this the correct location for Gate A1?

That's Gate A1 for Norfolk International Airport. Gate 1 for Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek is at the intersection of East Little Creek Road and Shore Drive (Hwy 60).

BTW, I went to Google Maps and if have her address right she lived about one mile from E. Little Creek Road. It is another 1.6 miles from the intersection of Halprin and E. Little Creek Rd and Gate 1. So farther than I originally thought.

Otto, what about maybe putting on the map where she was going to college, as well as the possible sighting?

I can do that ... where was she going to school?

Attachments

• aj5.jpg
    aj5.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 329
View attachment 70724

The bushy areas lining the school and surrounding areas are where there have been homeless people spotted, and abandoned 'camp' sites. Behind that, in the murky area, is all swamp.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 329
http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/

"AJ’s friend found her credit card laying on the street one block from her home, according to Mrs. Hadsell. She said the credit card was sliced in half.

“For me, it’s just the first thing that relates to her that I know for a fact that is hers …. I know that a broken credit card on the street means nothing, but I know that she doesn't have it on her,” Mrs. Hadsell said."

AJ's credit card, sliced in half and found a block from her from her home is really bugging me. I don't feel like that means nothing, as Mrs. Hadsell said. Any thoughts?

I came back to look at this interview again because it was really bugging me. During the interview, Mom gets a call that AJ's debit/credit card was found. She asks where it was found as she furiously writes away on her pad. The reporter then reports that a FRIEND found the debit/credit card. It's right there in this report. Somebody isn't telling the truth. Mom tells reporter a friend found it. Now Step Dad says he found it. Who really found it and how come LE are not part of this interview? I would think that the find of the debit/credit card would be worthy of a sound byte from LE. Am I wrong?

>>Thursday afternoon the first week she was missing, I don’t know the dates I just know it was the first week that she was missing on Thursday. I got a call – I was at work out of town, not out of town, but an hour away. I wasn’t in my home residence, Norfolk home. But I was working and they called and said “so and so” found part of a credit card with her name. I didn’t ask questions at the time, rushed home whatever, the next day I organized a search party to search from my driveway up the road like you would be driving out of the neighborhood. --WH link>>

Rhetorical questions...where is this? Has a search been conducted at this "out-of-town, not out-of-town", not "Norfolk home" place an hour away?

>>Thursday afternoon the first week she was missing, I don’t know the dates I just know it was the first week that she was missing on Thursday. I got a call – I was at work out of town, not out of town, but an hour away. I wasn’t in my home residence, Norfolk home. But I was working and they called and said “so and so” found part of a credit card with her name. I didn’t ask questions at the time, rushed home whatever, the next day I organized a search party to search from my driveway up the road like you would be driving out of the neighborhood. --WH link>>

Rhetorical questions...where is this? Has a search been conducted at this "out-of-town, not out-of-town", not "Norfolk home" place an hour away?

The point being in that little scenario, 'i was nowhere near when they found the cards while my brother led the search and recorded it' perhaps?

Do we know how many group searches were conducted by family?

Clothing search on Battlefield - before LE were called
Tidewater Dr. search
Local area searches where her bank card was found
Wes searching in Texty's couch

Wes also referenced an airport search in his jailhouse interview.

In this photo, ( and video), as well as other photos & video prior to the arrest, I noticed that WH has inserted himself in the middle. He did it both emotionally & physically. I would like to see more photos

Moving on...one of the things that really stood out to me early on was that the first neighborhood search (on march 6?), and the Tidewater Dr. search, were both lead and directed by Wesley Hadsell. From everything I've read, he was the one who told searchers what to look for (pink top, leggings, ugg boots, white headband, cell phone & cell case). According to WH, it was Texty who discovered the first pieces of AJ's debit card. I have no idea if that is true or if it isn't true, but I do know that Wesley Hadsell was the one directing EVERYONE where to look. He was the one who lead everyone down Halprin Drive.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back