Found Deceased TX - Shane Siddall, 31, Granbury, 13 April 2015

SeekingJana

Reaction score
First reported missing by wife on 4/13. Photo here: http://hcnews.com/pages/page_one_news/wife-reports-husband-missing/
From the initial news article: " Shane Michael Siddall kissed his wife early Monday morning and told her he’d be back to their Canyon Creek home within an hour.
The 31-year-old man hasn’t returned."

His wife, Crystal said that she does not think he left with a significant amount of money. He left his wallet at home and does not own a credit card, she added.
Siddall is a 6-foot, 170-pound white male with hazel eyes, brown hair and possibly facial hair.
He has a large tattoo on his right leg, from his knee to his ankle, Crystal said.
Scent dogs and a helicopter reportedly were brought in to assist in the search.

Update on April 20: Declaration by Hood Co. Tx, Sheriff Roger Deeds that this is now a criminal investigation:
Link to news article: http://hcnews.com/pages/updates/missing-man-case-is-considered-criminal-investigation/
"The case of a Shane Michael Siddall, a 31-year-old Canyon Creek man who was reported missing a week ago, is officially a criminal investigation.
It is a criminal investigation now because of a missing person,” Sheriff Roger Deeds said Monday. The Texas Rangers were called in right away to help investigate along with the Somervell County Sheriff’s Office.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note by me ( not in articles) - It is NOT specified in either article how Siddall left his residence, whether in his car, on foot, motorcycle, or in another person's car.

Since I live in Hood Co. and know where Canyon Creek is located, I thought I would give a bit of info about the topography.
The area is slightly hilly, not mountaionous. A long strip of houses on several streets have water frontage on the Brazos River. The Brazos is fairly wide and deep at this point, as the Brazos River Dam is located close by.

The area is heavily wooded, the roads are both paved and dirt roads, and housing is mixed, consisting of site- built single family homes and mudular/ trailer homes.
There are several cattle tanks in the area, and some barns but not in the area of Firewood Trail, which is stated in the news as the road on which the Siddalls live, and from which he left.

There are 2 public buildings in the area- Tommy's Mart, which opens at 5 AM, thus was closed at the time of Siddall's disappearance, and Mambrino Elementary School, also closed. Both are located on Mambrino Hwy. To the best of my knowledge, there are no other remarkable structures in the area.

Canyon Creek is accessed by Will Walter Rd, which intersects with Mambrino Hwy.
I travel Mambrino Hwy. fairly often as it leads to the back gate of Pecan Plantation, where I live.
To the best of my knowledge, there are no other remarkable structures in the area, and certainly no businesses open at that time of the morning.

shane-siddall-442x332.jpg

http://hcnews.com/pages/updates/hood-county-man-reported-missing/

Of note, Mrs. Siddall said that Mr. Siddall was wearing a black tee shirt and red swimming trunks when he was last seen, leaving the residence.
The Brazos River is only a few blocks away from their residence, and this month, it has been at high level and fast- moving from our annual spring rainfall.

Possibly, one more piece of the puzzle, and could explain why no mention of any vehicle, if he was walking a few blocks to either check a fishing line or take a daybreak swim ( think Tybee).
I hope not, but it comes to mind when looking out my window at the Brazos.

PS- Thank you to our Adm. member, KateB, for moving this case to the thread for discussion. :)

Bumping for the Siddall family! This missing man has a wife and at least one small child. Maybe we can help them.

There are a few updates on the Hood County News today. www.hcn.com

1) The Texas Rangers are now in charge of the case ( this is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!) so the Sheriff " can't comment" to the newspaper but the local LE are working with the Rangers to try to find him.

2) He is a handyman. According to the newspaper, he was due to work on a job later that AM. No details available about the location of this job but apparently local.

3) Quoting a bit about that morning's activities that is worded a bit differently now. His wife says he left with an acquaintance, which better explains how he left the house: " Siddall’s wife, Crystal, said her husband kissed her goodbye at about 4 a.m. on April 13 inside their home in the 5400 block of Firewood Trail. He said he was leaving with an acquaintance and would return in 30 minutes to an hour."

Why does anyone need to go out at 4 am for half an hour?

I am thinking it may have been for work?

It is not uncommon for someone in construction or welding to be on a property that early either working or to walk the property with a client/contractor. Maybe it was a quick meeting with a potential client, etc.?

Remember, he did not leave his residence in his vehicle, and he left with an acquaintance ( apparently the driver if they weren't both on foot.) Siddall has been said to be barefoot in at least one report from his wife.
" Siddall’s wife, Crystal, said her husband kissed her goodbye at about 4 a.m. on April 13 inside their home in the 5400 block of Firewood Trail. He said he was leaving with an acquaintance and would return in 30 minutes to an hour."

I've edited this post because anyone who is interested can do an Internet search and find his arrest photo and what he was convicted of in the past. It's not a rumor, it's factual. He was known to LE.
Whether his past influenced his last known activity of leaving his home at 4 AM with an acquaintance is not known to the public at this time. I know that in the case of another man who is also missing in Hood County, Mr. William Moore, the Texas Rangers were and are not in charge of his missing persons case.

I am thinking it may have been for work?

It is not uncommon for someone in construction or welding to be on a property that early either working or to walk the property with a client/contractor. Maybe it was a quick meeting with a potential client, etc.?

In red swim trunks and a black shirt? Doesn't sound work-related to me.

None of this makes any sense. Barefoot or not? Swimtrunks? at 4 in the A.M??

From the website www.hcn.com ( Hood County News):
"A non-denominational prayer vigil for Shane Siddall, a 31-year-old Canyon Creek man who has been missing since April 13, will be held at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 18 at St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church, 2301 Acton Highway. That’s according to Siddall’s mother, Michal Siddall, who said she has not received any new information recently concerning her son’s whereabouts."

Why does anyone need to go out at 4 am for half an hour?

This time of the year in Texas 4am is the best time to go for a run (its in the upper 80's as soon as the sun comes up), but since he didn't have shoes on it would appear he wasn't going to work out.

The Hood County News headlines for 4/23/2016 are a brief statement that human skeletal remains have been found in Somervell County where the Ingram Sand and Gravel company was "operating" on private land. In other words, it seems that remains were dug up, but the paper doesn't spell it out.

His mother is interviewed and she, Michal Siddall, says she thinks it's her son's remains because of how close Canyon Creek, the Hood Co. subdivision- type plats of wooded land with houses and mobile homes where Siddall lived with his wife and a child or children, is located to the Somervell County line. ( It's very close).
His DNA is in CODIS, forensic testing has begun, state saying it may be " a long time" before the remains are identified ( I think this means " a long time if they are not Mr. Siddall's remains" since they have his DNA already. )

NO word at all about the wife, the " friend" she said left with him...
This is my opinion only based upon what has been told and what I have posted here on the case from the very beginning. He had a criminal record for B/E, and other crimes.
Some of us who are aware of what goes on in the dark recesses of a rural Texas county believe he was involved in drug dealing, and was killed in a deal gone wrong, or a drug boss not getting paid.
It may not be, but nothing points to him being a crime victim while "walking the dog" at 4-5 AM in swimming trunks and no shoes, either. ( The description given by his wife for the time he left and the clothing worn or unworn, as the case may be. Also, no mode of transportation ever released to the public.)

I live here in Granbury and people have been talking a lot about this case lately. There are some developments that lead many to believe that the case may be solved any day now.

First of all, the remains found at Ingram Sand and Gravel are believed by most to be Shane's. It has not been confirmed but from what I've heard, the police are pretty sure it is him.

Then there was a roundup on April 1st, it was reported in the paper. Several people were arrested for drug offenses and organized crime. I won't post any names but if you download the app Mobile Patrol you can see the suspects currently being held for the organized crime, I believe there are around 10 though some may have been released. People are saying that these are suspects in Shane's disappearance.

One of the men arrested for organized crime operates a garbage service very close to Ingram Sand and Gravel.

All of the people arrested for organized crime run in the same circle and are known to be involved with drugs.

It's also rumored (and I stress the word RUMORED) that there may be more bodies tied to these suspects. The police won't release anything officially until they know for sure but it's a small town. People talk. Maybe they should start talking to the police instead of each other.

I live here in Granbury and people have been talking a lot about this case lately. There are some developments that lead many to believe that the case may be solved any day now.

First of all, the remains found at Ingram Sand and Gravel are believed by most to be Shane's. It has not been confirmed but from what I've heard, the police are pretty sure it is him.

Then there was a roundup on April 1st, it was reported in the paper. Several people were arrested for drug offenses and organized crime. I won't post any names but if you download the app Mobile Patrol you can see the suspects currently being held for the organized crime, I believe there are around 10 though some may have been released. People are saying that these are suspects in Shane's disappearance.

One of the men arrested for organized crime operates a garbage service very close to Ingram Sand and Gravel.

All of the people arrested for organized crime run in the same circle and are known to be involved with drugs.

It's also rumored (and I stress the word RUMORED) that there may be more bodies tied to these suspects. The police won't release anything officially until they know for sure but it's a small town. People talk. Maybe they should start talking to the police instead of each other.

:welcome5: RumorRayne66.

Shane's family and friends, as well as the whole town of Grandbury deserve to know the truth about what happened to Shane. It sound like that day is near.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back