bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
This thread is for discussion of Wesley Hadsell's arrest
Thanks to SBHack

2015 Arrest Warrant

Father of missing college student Anjelica Hadsell arrested
By Crimesider StaffCBS/AP March 23, 2015, 3:28 PM

NORFOLK, Va. -- The father of a missing Longwood University student has been arrested, but police have not indicated whether the charges are related to the search for his daughter, reports the Virginian-Pilot.

Wesley Hadsell, whose daughter Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell has been missing since March 2, had his first court appearance Monday. He is charged with obstructing justice, burglary and possession of ammunition by a felon.
Virginia Dad Wesley Hadsell Arrested In Break-In While Investigating Teen's Disappearance
The Huffington Post | By Andres Jauregui
Posted: 03/23/2015 9:26 am EDT Updated: 03/23/2015 2:59 pm EDT

Norfolk police arrested the father of a missing Virginia teen on Saturday after he broke into a home and punched a dog.
Wesley Hadsell, 36, said he was looking for clues in the disappearance of his 18-year-old daughter, Anjelica, who went missing March 2. He's convinced Anjelica was kidnapped, and broke into the home of the person he believes took his daughter against her will, police said.

[...]
He said he spent about 18 minutes inside the house, and punched the family dog out of anger.
Hadsell said he found his daughter's jacket in the house, "rolled up behind [a couch] cushion." Police wouldn't comment on that, but said that they haven't ruled out foul play in the case of the missing teen.

Stepfather of missing college student appears in court
By Gary A. Harki
The Virginian-Pilot © March 24, 2015

NORFOLK
Wesley Hadsell, stepfather of missing Longwood University student Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, appeared in General District court Monday on charges of obstructing justice, breaking and entering and possession of ammunition by a felon.

He is being held without bond. His next court appearance is April 29.
Father of missing teen denied bond in court on unrelated charges
Staff, 13News Now 5:46 p.m. EDT April 10, 2015

Wesley Hadsell, father of missing teen AJ Hadsell, faces obstruction of justice and ammunition possession charges.

[...]
Hadsell is facing six felony charges. 4 obstruction of justice, one breaking and entering and one possessing ammunition as a felon

The Defense asked for bond arguing that this has been a very difficult time for Hadsell and his family with AJ missing. The defense further added that Hadsell just wanted to be home so he could help search for AJ.

Hadsell was arrested last Saturday, the same day police, friends and relatives searched for Anjelica Hadsell in Chesapeake. Norfolk police say their search was based off a tip
Bond denied for missing teen’s dad
Mom tries to bring focus back to search for daughter

By Joe Fisher Published: March 23, 2015, 7:33 pm Updated: April 3, 2015, 12:24 pm

[...]
Hadsell said he broke in to do his own detective work and spent roughly 18 minutes inside the home. That’s where he says he found his daughter’s Longwood University club softball jacket with her name stitched on the front. He also said he did not honestly share that information with police.

“We see forensics vans out doing things, we don’t get calls, we don’t get notified,” Hadsell said. “So why should I share it with the police department, something they in turn won’t share with me? It’s our daughter not their daughter … I can say with 100 percent confidence. I told them last night I don’t know where she is, what happened to her, or what did not happen to her.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/2...y-student-father-was-seeking-to-impede-probe/

A Virginia prosecutor told a judge Friday the stepfather of a university student missing since March 2 was “seeking to impede” the police investigation into the woman's disappearance.

Police have accused Wesley Hadsell, 36, a convicted felon, of breaking into the home of a person Norfolk police questioned in the disappearance of his stepdaughter. Anjelica (AJ) Hadsell, 18, vanished nearly four weeks ago while home on spring break from freshman classes at Longwood University in Virginia.
[modsnip]

Waiting on a general "Wes Hadsell" or "theories" thread... in the meantime the biggest keystone of logic to me is:
* WH identified the jacket as being the last one worn by AJ
* The jacket was recovered in XX (text kid) house.
* WH admitted to illegally entering the house before the jacket was found.
* WH admitted to leaving the jacket out in plain site and generating (in an unknown manner) the "tip" to police.
* WH claims that he found the jacket in the couch in XX's "bedroom" / family living room.

To me that limits the probabilities to:
1) WH planted the jacket == WH was responsible for or has direct knowledge of AJ's death.
2) Jacket wasn't planted == XX was responsible for or has direct knowledge of AJ's death.
3) WH lied about the jacket being worn last by AJ == WH has no direct interest in helping police with AJ's search and was interested in pinning her disappearance on XX. To me that indicates the same result as #1.

Can anyone see any other possibilities?

(thought this was the best place for this since it was his jailhouse interview that revealed the break-in)

Anyone local planning on attending the preliminary hearing tomorrow at 10:30 am?

<modsnip> the court date originally scheduled for tomorrow morning has been postponed until May 11. <modsnip>

It's probably due to him jerking them around the whole time; That now they are jerking him around.

Karma.

It's pretty standard, his lawyer probably asked for the delay. If it had been the state, his lawyer probably would have pulled the old "He has a right to a speedy trial" spiel and said no. Then they could proceed knowing the state isn't ready.The wheels of justice move slowly, look at how long it took to get Jodi Arias convicted.

It's pretty standard, his lawyer probably asked for the delay. If it had been the state, his lawyer probably would have pulled the old "He has a right to a speedy trial" spiel and said no. Then they could proceed knowing the state isn't ready.The wheels of justice move slowly, look at how long it took to get Jodi Arias convicted.

His lawyer knows that a plea deal is the best way to go. He confessed and there's witnesses. Plus he confessed in a public interview.

Plus since he is no longer the loving dad who did what any other father would have done; This whole case is over. His lawyer knows it and the D.A knows it.

Forget bail. That will only make the murder charges come in on the same day.

Doesn't seem like that long of a delay, although the current charges may limit that. He admitted to the B&E and the offense against the dog on video. But generally these delays would have to be agreed upon by the defense.

Doesn't seem like that long of a delay,

Tell that to the person sitting in a 8x10 cell with 20 guys. WH was really looking forward to going on this field trip and hanging out for a while. Jmo

It's entirely possible the hearing delay is connected to the timeline of the ME final report. I believe it was one of the WTKR reporters that tweeted the ME could take up to 9 weeks before it's back in, but that doesn't mean it was going to take that long. By May 11 it will be 4+ weeks since Anjelica was found.

Maybe LE has been informed to expect the ME by the end of next week?
Maybe that's the reason for the delay, to file additional charges prior to the hearing?

Total speculation, but anyone following these kinds of cases for very long knows sometimes this is exactly what happens.

Would the parties have witnesses testify? Maybe not everybody is available today? KWIM?

I would like to know if it was the defense or prosecutor that requested the delay!

Attempting to piece together the breaking and entering incident, the 4 obstruction of justice charges, and LE's statement that Wesley Hadsell was seeking to impede the investigation into the disappearance of Anjelica Hadsell. Here we go.

March 6-8(approx.) Wesley Hadsell broke into an occupied dwelling with the intent to create a misdemeanor. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QHkjbC3op6UWJyTDVrdnJfSzg/view?pli=1 It was in relation to this incident that he was also charged with 4 counts of obstruction of justice, and maiming or killing a dog.

We discover some of the break in story here : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1025uXR2A4W5cOl08c74yyTAfnP2z2upQdFdywZTtyEw/edit?pli=1

WH: Okay, without saying it out loud, but yes someone has brought themselves to the forefront. They did interview them three times. And let’s just say someone happened to see something that maybe they didn’t want them to see... maybe a friend, you know, was hanging out with someone. There was a search warrant executed on this person and their house

WH: and lets just say that my daughters jacket, because I’m not going to beat around the bush, my daughter’s jacket that she was wearing when she saw me last, that someone recognized as she was driving as a dark navy blue color - something up top - obviously that’s the jacket, her longwood softball jacket with her name stenciled in it, now that was found in this guy’s possession hidden in his house.

We get more of the story here: http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/video-jailhouse-interview-with-wesley-hadsell/

WH: Those 4 charges deal with 4 individuals who may or may not have told a story, one version,because they say they were in fear of me. Yes, they are Anjelica's friends.

WH: Then there was an issue that someone's house may or may not have been broken into, that those 4 people may have changed their story on originally, about how evidence came about. They're not saying it was planted or whatever, just evidence tampering. Because say somebody broke into a house, theorectically, and verified information, that that evidence was there, and that they moved it, or whatever, in order to make the evidence come to light.

And, we know from a recent WTKR report (which I don't think I can link), that Andre Barr was one of the 4 individuals named in Wesley Hadsell's obstruction of justice charge.

March 21 (Sat.) Wesley Hadsell is brought in for questioning, at 9:00amm in relation to the disappearance of Anjelica . He was interrogated for 15 hours. During this interrogation, a search warrant was served on his hotel room at the Americas Best Value on E Little Creek Rd. LE found 72 rounds of 9 mm ammunition hidden in the air vent. It was during this interrogation that Wesley Hadsell was placed under arrest and charged with breaking and entry, 4 counts of obstruction of justice, and possession of ammunition after a felony conviction. He was later also charged with the maiming or killing of a dog (which also stemmed from the break in incident).

That was the FACT post, now for the post where I will clearly state that this in JUST MY OPINION regarding the breaking and entering incident and the 4 obstruction charges.

I believe that Wesley Hadsell and these 4 other individuals, hatched a plan for Wesley to break into the house, discover evidence, and put it somewhere where one or more of the 4 other individuals could, on a visit to this friends house, suddenly see it. I think Wesley used these kids, and played them all like fiddles. I think he had the jacket on him when he broke into the house, and planted it in that house for one or more of the other individuals to find. I don't think the kids had a clue the jacket was planted. I think they really believed their friend actually had AJ's jacket. I think Wesley threatened these kids if they told. But when LE brought these 4 people in for questioning, I think they told the entire story about Wesley breaking into the house and "bringing the evidence to light"...hence, the 4 obstruction charges.

All JMO. :)

Attempting to piece together the breaking and entering incident, the 4 obstruction of justice charges, and LE's statement that Wesley Hadsell was seeking to impede the investigation into the disappearance of Anjelica Hadsell. Here we go.

March 6-8(approx.) Wesley Hadsell broke into an occupied dwelling with the intent to create a misdemeanor. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QHkjbC3op6UWJyTDVrdnJfSzg/view?pli=1 It was in relation to this incident that he was also charged with 4 counts of obstruction of justice, and maiming or killing a dog.

We discover some of the break in story here : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1025uXR2A4W5cOl08c74yyTAfnP2z2upQdFdywZTtyEw/edit?pli=1

WH: Okay, without saying it out loud, but yes someone has brought themselves to the forefront. They did interview them three times. And let’s just say someone happened to see something that maybe they didn’t want them to see... maybe a friend, you know, was hanging out with someone. There was a search warrant executed on this person and their house

WH: and lets just say that my daughters jacket, because I’m not going to beat around the bush, that she was
my daughter’s jacket wearing when she saw me last, that someone recognized as she was driving as a dark navy blue color - something up top - obviously that’s the jacket, her longwood softball jacket with her name stenciled in it, now that was found in this guy’s possession hidden in his house.

We get more of the story here: http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/video-jailhouse-interview-with-wesley-hadsell/

WH: Those 4 charges deal with 4 individuals who may or may not have told a story, one version,because they say they were in fear of me. Yes, they are Anjelica's friends.

WH: Then there was an issue that someone's house may or may not have been broken into, that those 4 people may have changed their story on originally, about how evidence came about. They're not saying it was planted or whatever, just evidence tampering. Because say somebody broke into a house, theorectically, and verified information, that that evidence was there, and that they moved it, or whatever, in order to make the evidence come to light.

And, we know from a recent WTKR report (which I don't think I can link), that Andre Barr was one of the 4 individuals named in Wesley Hadsell's obstruction of justice charge.

March 21 (Sat.) Wesley Hadsell is brought in for questioning, at 9:00amm in relation to the disappearance of Anjelica . He was interrogated for 15 hours. During this interrogation, a search warrant was served on his hotel room at the Americas Best Value on E Little Creek Rd. LE found 72 rounds of 9 mm ammunition hidden in the air vent. It was during this interrogation that Wesley Hadsell was placed under arrest and charged with breaking and entry, 4 counts of obstruction of justice, and possession of ammunition after a felony conviction. He was later also charged with the maiming or killing of a dog (which also stemmed from the break in incident).

BBM: A lot of us IMO believe there *may* be some truth in some of WH's statements he has made in interviews. Thank you Mountain Kat for posting this part of his interview because after reading it several times in a row now, some things have stuck out to me; that being how often he (WH) use the word "someone." I think it's highly possible that these "someone" (someoneS IMO) have actually changed their stories. Of course, we don't know because we have heard from nobody but WH. My questions are (and I realize we may never actually know the truth) so instead of me saying "my questions are", I should say that somethings I am wondering about and am very curious about are: WHO could have possibly planted AJ's jacket; WH or *someone* else? WHO said they saw AJ wearing this said jacket when she went by? Did someone or someone(S) purposely go to a specific house JUST so they could say that they saw *something* - in this case, that *something* was AJ's jacket? Is it possible the 4 people that are involved (allegedly per WH's interview) that *THEIR* stories DID actually change about what was seen where and when? Hypothetically, 4 people on the outside would find it far more easy to collaborate and get their stories straight (per-say) than it would be for 1 person on the inside - after all, 4 against 1. Was the jacket planted or was there "evidence tampering" as WH says. And IF there was evidence tampering, is it possible that WH isn't the only person responsible for these acts?
My final word of thought is, sometimes those who appear the most innocent, are actually those who are actually far from innocent. I do not feel that WH is innocent in AJ's demise; however, I do strongly feel there are others involved and the others that I feel are possibly involved are the ones who are currently trying to play the role of I/we had nothing to do with AJ's disappearance and demise and people are falling for it; for example, I feel so sorry for them, they are grieving, they truly loved AJ, etc etc etc. This is all JMO and IMO only.

ETA: IF certain individuals DID go to a certain place looking for a piece of evidence, just to say that that piece of evidence was there and so they could then say that they indeed saw it, are they not then playing along? Which would then say they are actively participating? Which then leads to, were they helping the investigation with good intent in mind, or were they purposely hindering the investigation by participating and playing along? And then when things go south and AJ isn't found and they realize this is no game, do their stories then start changing because oh no, now they are slipping in their own carp?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk