WH Criminal Background

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Father of missing Norfolk teen comments on violent criminal history: ‘My past is my past’
Posted 3:22 pm, March 23, 2015, by Becca Mitchell, Nadeen Yanes and Marissa Jasek, Updated at 01:09am, March 26, 2015

[...]
NewsChannel 3 has learned this isn’t the first time Wesley Hadsell has been in handcuffs.
According to a 2005 press release from the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office in Ohio, Hadsell was indicted for rape, kidnapping, assault and domestic violence.

The press release says the then 27-year-old was indicted on those charges just before his then estranged wife went missing. Those charges were later dropped.

Then a year later in 2006, the U.S. Attorney’s Office confirmed Hadsell was arrested again, sentenced to 54 months in jail for a bank robbery in Fredericksburg.

Add that to other convictions NewsChannel 3 found both in North Carolina and Williamsburg. He was convicted on several different charges dating back to 1998, including Burglary and Felonious Restraint. According to court documents, in 1998, when Hadsell was 19-years-old, he was convicted of running away with a 15-year-old girl, who was his girlfriend at the time.
2005 Rape, Kidnapping, Assault and Domestic Violence Jury Indictment and Charges Dropped

2005 Kidnapping, Rape press release

These may be two strikes on WH's record. Can't be 100% sure without lots of research. As for VA, I only saw a minor traffic violation.

WH's North Carolina charges from 1998 (several shown at link)
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=2
§ 14-43.3. Felonious restraint
A person commits the offense of felonious restraint if he unlawfully restrains another
person without that person's consent . . . and moves the person from the place of the initial restraint
by transporting him in a motor vehicle. . . . Violation of this section is a Class
F felony. Felonious restraint is considered a lesser included offense of kidnapping.

WH's Ohio charge from 2005 (he has others, but we do not need to bring a victim's name here, so this link is only to one charge)
(ETA: This charge was removed to federal court)
http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/pa.urd/pamw2000.o_case_sum?30181541
2903.11 (A) Felonious assault.
(A) No person shall knowingly do either of the following:
(1) Cause serious physical harm to another or to another's unborn;
(2) Cause or attempt to cause physical harm to another or to another's unborn by means of a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance.

I cannot find it now. I do not remember which of the zillion threads it was posted in, and it does not seem to be in the MEDIA thread yet. But the Grand Jury transcripts from 2005, where he was indicted for kidnapping and rape are very revealing. It really shows the more aggressive/violent side of his nature. JMO

The Felonious Restraint indictment is listed as Historical Court Documents. The indictment for the ex-wife's kidnapping is bound in with the 2015 documents.

here is an interesting post from WS archives:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...g-Michelle-Hadsell-21-year-old-Delaware-Woman

PrayersForMaura

Missing: M Hadsell, 21-year old Delaware Woman

A 21 year old Delaware County woman is missing and the local sheriff is looking for her, and her husband, who's a person of interest in the case.

M Hadsell has been missing since Friday afternoon.

He father Bob T was checking phone messages when he heard one from M.

He said it sounded like she was struggling on the other end and tried to dial 9-1-1.

T called for help, rushed home and began looking for M.

Her parents say M's estranged husband Wesley attacked her last week and he was just indicted for rape, kidnapping and felonious assault.

That's why they believe Wesley is behind her disappearance.

http://www.wbns10tv.com/Global/story...7&nav=LUERdpoE

===================================================================================

That link is dead now. But interesting comments from her parents. He apparently attacked her more than once.

So, he kidnapped a week AFTER he was indicted for rape, kidnapping, and felonious assault?
Was she the victim he was originally indicted for, or was it another person?
I'm confused.

So, he kidnapped a week AFTER he was indicted for rape, kidnapping, and felonious assault?
I'm confused.

She was his original vicrim from what I have read. She reported him for Domestic Violence and she ran from him. She testified at the Grand Jury hearing and he was indicted for those crimes. Then he kidnapped her again, and took her on a 2 week road trip. He robbed a bank during that trip.

They were found by the cops and he was charged with kidnapping her again. But according to her father she was afraid to testify. So they charged him with the bank robbery and he did prison time for that. But he is no choir boy when it comes to violence against women, imo.

Thank you.
I guess I'm unclear as to why he'd be out of jail after indictment, and be able to kidnap her again.

Thank you.
I guess I'm unclear as to why he'd be out of jail after indictment, and be able to kidnap her again.

An indictment from the Grand Jury is not always an instant arrest. It just means the DA is given permission to go to trial if he decides to bring charges. And it is supposed to be top secret. The cops may not have gotten around to it yet. I think it was just a matter of a couple of days before he kidnapped her again.

I'm confused.

No. He initially raped and assaulted (allegedly) MH on 8/21/2005. A grand jury returned an indictment at 9 AM on 8/26/2005. WH kidnapped her (allegedly) that same day as her involuntary disappearance was reported to police a little after 2pm on 8/26/2005. ** I say "allegedly" because he was not tried for the first assault / rape or the 2nd incident which involved the kidnapping. They only tried him on the bank robbery charges.

here is more:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ie-Breure-16-Osceola-2005&p=800738#post800738

Missing Woman Safe At Home

Hadsell's Brother Speaks To NBC 4

POSTED: 8:33 pm EDT September 9, 2005
UPDATED: 8:51 pm EDT September 9, 2005

DELAWARE, Ohio -- A Delaware woman who was allegedly abducted by her estranged husband was safe at home Friday night.

The day after M and Wesley Hadsell were found in Illinois, M Hadsell's brother talked with NBC 4 about his sister's experience.

M Hadsell

"She's strong at heart and obviously, it got her through many things. That's what she did. She just kept thinking about the family and wanting to come home," said JT, Hadsell's brother.

For nearly two weeks, the 20-year-old woman said she was held against her will by her estranged husband, who was wanted on charges of kidnapping, assault and rape, NBC 4's Erin Tate reported.

Watch The Report
SLIDESHOW: Images Of MH

MH was finally rescued after a nine-hour manhunt near Kankakee, Ill., the sheriff's office announced.

Her parents drove to Illinois to pick up their daughter. T talked with her during the drive to Delaware.

"I asked her if she was OK and safe and she said yes," he said. "I would have liked to have seen that and heard her voice."

T said he can't thank everyone enough for helping bring his sister home safely.

"I just knew how strong she could be," T said. "I knew something would come out good of all this."

Watch NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for additional information.
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4955931/detail.html

wow, Check out this old post from ws archives, about wes's prior kidnapping:

Virginia Beach police are asking for the public's help in located M L. Hadsell, a 21-year old woman officials believe was possibly abducted from Ohio, and who may now be in Hampton Roads.

Police believe M could be in the area with her estranged husband, 31-year old Wesley P. Hadsell.

Investigators say M and Wesley were in the 2400 block of Dillingham Drive, in the Foxfire subdivision of Virginia Beach, on the evening of August 31. Additionally, a telephone number originating from West Point, Virginia, was received back in Ohio on Sunday evening, September 4.
http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp...3&nav=23iieC0v

So Wes kidnapped his ex in Ohio and brought her back to the Hampton Roads area?

Obviously someone he knew in the area. Someone he trusted to go to. Who do you think that might have been?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back