Having to constantly re-log in?

FL Wannabe

Reaction score
I'm not sure I will be talking about the same thing, but here goes:

When I log into WS, and read a few posts and click the "Reply to Thread"button - which seems to activate the text box - when I am done typing my post and want to post it, I'm given an error that I am not allowed to perform this action. I must then log back in, and then post. Is this the problem reported above? BTW, my difficulty has happened for two or three days, no more, and EVERY TIME.

When I log into WS, and read a few posts and click the "Reply to Thread"button - which seems to activate the text box - when I am done typing my post and want to post it, I'm given an error that I am not allowed to perform this action. I must then log back in, and then post. Is this the problem reported above? BTW, my difficulty has happened for two or three days, no more, and EVERY TIME.

Your issue is probably related to cookies or an .

This solution generally resolves that situation.

Log out and close your browser and/or make sure you've cleared the cache.

For any particularly long post, I'd recommend copying the entire post to the clipboard, even pasting it in Notebook or a Word doc, before submitting it.

So I come to the forum, log in, and start reading on a particular forum and as I change pages, I notice I cannot thank anyone and I look up and suddenly I am no longer logged in. It's happened repeatedly yesterday and today. Is there a problem?

Are you checking the little remember me box just below where you insert your username upon login? If you are not, Websleuths will time you out (log you out) after a certain period of inactivity. Say if you are composing a long post and haven't moved from that page in a while or if you get up to go change a few loads of laundry. So I always check that remember me box on logging in. Hope that helps.

Happens to me all.the.time.... most often, when I want to <Reply to Thread> As soon as I hit that button - poof, no longer logged in. It's not a timing thing for me.

I moved a few posts here from a different thread where the question was answered this morning.

Happens to me all.the.time.... most often, when I want to <Reply to Thread> As soon as I hit that button - poof, no longer logged in. It's not a timing thing for me.
Your first post says that the problem arises after you've typed a response and try to submit it. This post says it occurs as son as you hit the reply button. So, I'm a little confused. Can you clarify?

Thanks.

Hey I think this was a v bulletin problem I've been having them all day (I fb messaged you websleuths lol) I had problems staying logged in and kept getting sent to the mobile site which refused to load. Could be wrong but it seems ok now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back