GUILTY LA - Irma Cotten, 73, & Kylie Duncan, 19, Urania, 22 April 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Kylie King Duncan
Duncan24.jpg

Update: One woman missing, another dead in LaSalle Parish
URAINIA, La. (KNOE 8 NEWS) - Update from KNOE sister station KALB:

One woman is dead and another missing following a shooting in LaSalle Parish Wednesday.

LaSalle Parish Sheriff Scott Franklin tells Newschannel Five they are looking for 19-year-old Kylie King Duncan.

We're told Duncan was nearby when another woman, 76-year-old Erma Cotton was shot and killed in her home on Pentecostal Church Road Wednesday morning.
http://www.knoe.com/home/headlines/Missing-Urania-Woman-301049681.html

The Urania man accused in the deaths of two women could face more charges, but officials are waiting on autopsy results, says LaSalle Parish Sheriff Scott Franklin.

Franklin said Randy Eugene Waits, 37, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder Thursday in the deaths of Irma Cotton, 76, and Kylie King Duncan, 19. The sheriff's office was told that Duncan was pregnant at the time of her death, but officials are waiting on an autopsy to confirm that.

Franklin said his office was alerted by Cotton's family on Wednesday morning when family members went to check on her at her Pentecostal Church Road home and found a door open. Once they spotted that, they called the LaSalle Parish Sheriff's Office, he said.

Cotton had been shot.

While they were at that scene Wednesday afternoon, investigators were told that Duncan's truck had been found on property adjacent to Cotton's owned by Duncan and her husband. Duncan was to have met a building inspector at the property, but the inspector couldn't find her. He did see her truck and contacted her family, said Franklin.

Duncan's personal items were found inside her truck, which is when Franklin said they knew something was wrong.

Duncan's body was found midafternoon on Thursday under a bridge on U.S. Highway 84 at the Winn-LaSalle parish line, said Franklin. While he couldn't specifically cite what led investigators to Waits, he said that eyewitnesses and forensic evidence placed him both at the Pentecostal Church Road scene and where Duncan's body was found.

Waits was taken into custody around 3 p.m., said Franklin.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/story/ne...ing-2-counts-of-first-degree-murder/26305013/

duncan1.jpg Duncan2.jpg
Duncan ..................Cotton

duncan3.JPG
Randy Waits

Sounds as if that poor girl was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't how I missed this one. This is south of where I grew up. I've been to Urania and Olla (to the north) several times. I used to dove hunt in that area. Glad to see that they caught who did it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back