'Everybody Loves Raymond' Star Sawyer Sweeten Dies of Suspected Suicide at 19

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
'Everybody Loves Raymond' Star Sawyer Sweeten Dies by Suspected Suicide at 19
sawyer_sweeten.jpg

Everybody Loves Raymond star Sawyer Sweeten has died by suspected suicide, his manager Dino May confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. He was 19.

The actor was visiting his family in Texas, where he is believed to have shot himself on their front porch Thursday.

Sweeten starred in Everybody Loves Raymond from 1996 to 2005, playing Geoffrey Barone. His twin brother, Sullivan,played Michael Barone, while their sister Madylin played Ally Barone. The CBS series starred Ray Romano as their onscreen father.
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/everybody-loves-raymond-star-sawyer-sweeten-dies-117213240010.html
[video=youtube;eEsxEHY_spg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEsxEHY_spg[/video]
Sullivan and Sawyer Sweeten
21f42042b089cd5d5f2d86e048e9e19f7bd6dbf7.jpg

It can be really hard to be a grown up 'child star.' Very sad situation. :rose:

heartbreaking.....19.....his poor family......oh sawyer.....things would have gotten better sweetie :(

:rose:

Completely shocked me! Watched this show all the time. RIP :rose: So very sad :(.

How much harder this loss must be for his twin? Prayers all round for the entire family.

Terrible for his family and especially his twin, I would imagine !
Wonder what demons he may have been trying to escape ? Or just clinical depression ?
I wish I could tell him that it will get better. :( His whole life still ahead of him !!!
My utmost condolences to all who loved him ; I hope Sawyer is at peace for all eternity .

This is so sad...
RIP Sawyer.
My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

I just heard on the news that Sullivan, his identical twin, was with him at the time of his death. I really hope he gets support and help to deal with the loss of his twin. My best friends when I was a child were identical twins. They could have been on TV too, they were so pretty and smart.

I watched the three Sweeten children grow up on " Everybody Loves Raymond". Contrary to what Wiki has done with the boys' entry ( cruel stuff, y'all), I thought the boys were darling and very good little actors for their age. I was watching " Raymond" on Netflix streaming during Christmas ( the engraved toaster episode is one of my fave sit- com holiday episodes). I had looked the boys and Madelyn up on iMDB and Wikipedia to see if they continued their acting careers. Wiki had some really nasty and cruel statements about the boys' work on the show and about them no longer working in the business. I thought the site had banned that sort of thing years ago.

I wish so much that he had gotten help.. I know we all do.

So heartbreaking! I watched an interview of the two boys that had been done when they were relatively young, and Sawyer seemed to be the less outgoing, more shy twin. I hate to hear when child actors struggle in their adulthood.

My favorite sit-com episode of all time is from Everyone Loves Raymond. "Bad Moon Rising". Patricia Heaton was HILARIOUS in that episode.

EXCLUSIVE: 'They have never been apart': Relatives share concern for Sawyer Sweeten's twin as they reveal star had history of depression before shooting himself in aunt's house just a room away from his brother

Child star, 19, was found dead in Austin, Texas, last week

Cousin Jacklyn Stines, 64, spoke to Daily Mail Online about the tragedy

It emerged Sawyer shot himself upstairs at aunt's house with family below

Said family has history of depression, and Sawyer's twin will be distraught

The two featured in Everybody Loves Raymond from 1996 to 2005

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ation-relatives-downstairs.html#ixzz3YSC6RSeK

OH No! I just started watching "Everyone Loves Raymond" again. Those two little boys were so cute and funny. And their sister too. this is so sad! :(

Last night I was watching the shows I had recorded, the one where the boys are playing basketball, It was a really funny one, as they usually are with the kids, it was very sad watching them knowing now one is no longer here :-(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back