Website
Visit site
http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/1998BPD-Patsy-Interview-Complete.txt

PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-huh, I have flashbacks of
17 seeing my daughter lying down on the floor in our
18 living room, and I have flashbacks of hearing JonBenet
19 scream. I have nightmares where I am, you know,
20 searching, searching, searching trying to find
21 somebody, and trying to find who did this.

What struck me odd in this is that Patsy said she had flashbacks of hearing JB scream. Realizing that this can be picked apart and analyzed for no real reason on our parts, it still made me wonder if Patsy had heard JB scream on Christmas Night? Was this statement a slip-up?

Maybe just the wrong wording from her? She probably hears her screaming in her head all the time. The guilt of not being able to help or save your baby. :(

Nehemiah said:

What struck me odd in this is that Patsy said she had flashbacks of hearing JB scream. Realizing that this can be picked apart and analyzed for no real reason on our parts, it still made me wonder if Patsy had heard JB scream on Christmas Night? Was this statement a slip-up?

Hmmm, with five daughters and three sons, I have no recollections of hearing any of them screaming when they were little. Having tiny temper tantrums when wanting something that was NOT to be as tots. Wonder how a parent would be enabled to hear their child scream, if they had never screamed before?

The searching part, in a nightmare, gives me a little problem too.

...trying to find somebody"

This is unusual...trying to find somebody...not trying to find the killer. Sounds like trying to find somebody to blame for our mistake.

Hearing JonBenet scream is also unusual unless she heard her scream right before striking the fatal blow.

This is my opinion.

Nehemiah said:

Ahhhh. Anyone can interpret words of another however they want. My first thoughts are that Patsy has nightmares because she is scared that someone did and could again come into her house with such evil. She is scared even more and searching because it must have been someone she trusted and got to know her house. My second thoughts...., my third thoughts...., I only try to speculate on the facts. Where is the per and post behaviour?

Rupert said:
Ahhhh. Anyone can interpret words of another however they want. My first thoughts are that Patsy has nightmares because she is scared that someone did and could again come into her house with such evil. She is scared even more and searching because it must have been someone she trusted and got to know her house. My second thoughts...., my third thoughts...., I only try to speculate on the facts. Where is the per and post behaviour?

Post behavior: Wearing a large cross around her neck...(What John Douglas terms "getting religious"....and Smoking...(What John Douglas terms "start drinking or smoking excessively."

Toltec said:
Post behavior: Wearing a large cross around her neck...(What John Douglas terms "getting religious"....and Smoking...(What John Douglas terms "start drinking or smoking excessively."
Patsy didn't get religious after the murder. She was raised to be that way. There are pre-crime photos of her wearing the cross. That's like saying Rose Kennedy got religious after her sons were killed. Patsy also didn't start smoking after the murder she went back to smoking. Not uncommon for ex-smokers under stress.

tipper said:
Patsy didn't get religious after the murder. She was raised to be that way. There are pre-crime photos of her wearing the cross. That's like saying Rose Kennedy got religious after her sons were killed. Patsy also didn't start smoking after the murder she went back to smoking. Not uncommon for ex-smokers under stress.

I hate to admit this, but I am guilty of smoking when I am under stress, and I am NOT a regular smoker. I know, I know...:slap:

I have heard my kids scream when they are playing "monsters", etc., and when they have had bad dreams, but there is something positively horrific about a real scream of terror. I have heard it. It chills you to the bone, and in my case, it made me physically ill. It was at a campground and someone was dying (we heard it was a choking incident) and this woman's screams and wails of torment were too much to bear. You couldn't escape them either, and it went on for 45 minutes. It took a long time to get that sound out of my head, and I didn't even know the persons involved! Anyway~ I think that Patsy probably "hears" JonBenet screaming in her head, though she probably never heard her scream for her life before. She imagines her screaming--probably for her. It has do with the guilt anyone would feel for not being able to help their baby. (Sorry if I'm being redundant.)

I cannot even imagine. :(

How were neighbors able to hear a scream and yet the Ramseys in the same house were not?

That and the ransom note, so obviously written by Patsy, as well as the pineapple and Burke's voice on the 911 call, all tell me one of the Ramseys did it and they covered that fact up.

lisafremont said:
How were neighbors able to hear a scream and yet the Ramseys in the same house were not?

That and the ransom note, so obviously written by Patsy, as well as the pineapple and Burke's voice on the 911 call, all tell me one of the Ramseys did it and they covered that fact up.
Lisa - What is your theory on who actually did what and why?

Melody Stanton 1st claimed she heard a scream and that her husband heard a sound like scraping metal on concrete.

I believe Mrs Stanton said that because at first wanted to be part of the investigation, an insider, but once she saw how things were really going changed her mind and said she was no longer sure when/if she heard any scream at all. It also could have made her and her husband look like suspects...they heard something that no one else in the entire neighborhood did.

I don't think it's weird that Patsy hears JB scream in her mind. Brenda vanDam also said she could hear Danielle screaming and calling for her to save her in her dreams and in her waking thoughts.

I'm sure that JB screamed when Burke hit her with the golf club...

Little kids, esp little girls, scream over the silliest things. Sometimes it's while playing, sometimes it's over a bug, sometimes it's just because they feel like it.

Nehemiah said:

2 different people?

Nehemiah said:

Yes, I think Patsy did hear the scream and I think her statement was a slip-up.

I think Patsy was fully dressed and in the living room, probably asleep on the sofa at the time of the scream.

I think Patsy had woken JonBenet some time after John had gone to bed and brought her downstairs for a very special, pre-planned, late night visit from Santa before JonBenet went away the next day.

lisafremont said:

Sorry the pineapple suggest just the opposite of RDI because the R's would have removed the bowl from the table if they knew about it. As well as the FL.

The RN is not obviously written by P. The R's did not write this note.
Why write a note that tells you not to call the police and then call them 3 hours earlier then you have to?
Why would P cross out the word delivered and replace it with the words pick up in a meaningless fake RN?
Why would she care?

There is no enhanced 911 tape with Bs voice on it. There is no tape with his voice on it period.

If these are the things that convince you of the R's guilt then you should probably re-think them.

They said in one or more of the books that the ducts in the basement would have sent the sound of the scream out towards the neighbor's house, not upstairs.

I don't think Patsy heard the scream, way up on the 3rd floor, and I'll bet she feels terrible about that.

That's interesting about Brenda Van Dam also hearing Danielle screaming.
I didn't know Brenda had said that.

Any mother would imagine the child screaming, I'm sure.

I'm sure my five must have screamed a lot at times, just playing. My hubby came in one time when I was ignoring the din, even playing the piano, and I said to him, "I suppose you're going to make noise." Our collie dog was probably barking too, playing along with them. It was happy hour.

Needless to say it wasn't always like that, or I wouldn't remember one time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back