FL - Man who saved Miami officer: “How could I not?”

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
3202d77f.gif

William Ramirez was driving to his boat-maintenance job Tuesday morning when he spotted a chilling sight on Northwest 79th Street: A Miami police officer was on the ground, trying to take cover as a man fired at him with a high-powered assault rifle.

Thinking fast, Ramirez swerved his Dodge Caravan between the officer and the shooter, shielding the rookie officer. Then he opened the side door, pulled officer Rosny Obas to safety and sped off.

The lesson from his heroic effort during a chaotic shootout on Miami’s streets: The best way to stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a van.

“The police work to protect us,” Ramirez said Wednesday. “We have to help them. How could I not?”

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

Miami Herald

3202d77f.gif

William Ramirez was driving to his boat-maintenance job Tuesday morning when he spotted a chilling sight on Northwest 79th Street: A Miami police officer was on the ground, trying to take cover as a man fired at him with a high-powered assault rifle.

Thinking fast, Ramirez swerved his Dodge Caravan between the officer and the shooter, shielding the rookie officer. Then he opened the side door, pulled officer Rosny Obas to safety and sped off.

The lesson from his heroic effort during a chaotic shootout on Miami’s streets: The best way to stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a van.

“The police work to protect us,” Ramirez said Wednesday. “We have to help them. How could I not?”

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

Miami Herald

William Ramirez, you rock, sir!!!!

Perhaps there is hope for our world after all!

Mr Ramerez thank you. You stepped up. You sir are a man I would be proud to meet!

3202d77f.gif

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

Miami Herald

Mr. Ramirez, you sir are a HERO! If you only knew how many would not only do nothing to help but actually revel in the demise of one of our brave and good policemen you would probably be astounded. My sometimes tenuous faith in humanity is restored, thank you Mr. Ramirez.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back