CA - Kids find dismembered newborn, South L.A., 25 April 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Children Discover Dismembered Infant in South L.A.; ‘Significant Portions’ of Body Missing
infant-found-southla-043515.jpg

Human remains, believed to be that of an infant, were found in South L.A. on April 25, 2015. (Credit: KTLA)
Investigators were searching for “significant portions” of a dismembered infant’s body after children discovered the gruesome remains near a South L.A. home on Sunday, Sheriff’s Department officials stated.

Homicide detectives responded to a suspicious circumstance call in the 1500 block of West 104th Street in unincorporated Westmont (map) around 11:04 a.m., the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department stated in a news release.
http://ktla.com/2015/04/25/infant-remains-appear-to-be-found-in-south-l-a-sheriffs-department/

Children Discover Dismembered Infant in South L.A.; ‘Significant Portions’ of Body Missing
infant-found-southla-043515.jpg

Human remains, believed to be that of an infant, were found in South L.A. on April 25, 2015. (Credit: KTLA)

http://ktla.com/2015/04/25/infant-remains-appear-to-be-found-in-south-l-a-sheriffs-department/

omg :anguish: a five year old and a nine year old discovered this poor child!!!!!!

this is unbelievable..........

“Significant portions of the body are still missing,” the news release stated.

The baby’s head was discovered in a home’s front yard and a leg was found in its backyard.
=============
lordy lordy :rose:

A nine-year-old girl found the leg of a newborn baby thrown in the backyard of her Westmont, Los Angeles home, Saturday afternoon. Later, the baby's head was also found in the yard after searches.

Police say significant parts of the baby are still missing and have appealed for local residents to check their trash cans and yards. The remains were located at the 1500 block of West 104th St.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the LASD Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. Those who prefer to remain anonymous may contact "Crime Stoppers" at (800) 222-847

http://abc7.com/news/lasd-investigating-possible-remains-of-infant-in-westmont/681811/

Really awful!

Heads up :) There were two threads on this story so they have been merged. What a horrific story.

Thank you tycla, my fault. I was sure Los would have posted the case but I didn't see. Sorry!

It's often difficult to ascertain if a newborn took a breath or not, and that's needed to bring serious charges such as homicide, I think, in cases of newborns dumped.

It's very hard to see how whoever cut this baby up will avoid very serious charges though. I hope he/she is caught.

I have no words.....feeling sick to my stomach.

I have no words.....feeling sick to my stomach.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I feel for the kids who found this baby. Any word as to whether or not the baby was alive during this disgusting act?

I found a link from the local CBS affiliate which has statements from the 9 year old girl (who is named in said article) who found remains, including video of her being interviewed by a local reporter. I will post a snip and the link but I am not comfortable using her named even though her parents apparently authorized the news org to use it and allowed the interview. Therefore I am opting to redact her name to initials.

“The dog was sniffing the ball. I thought it was sniffing the ball so I was going to get the ball and I got it. I saw the legs. I just ran to my mom and told her what I saw,” BP, a neighbor, said.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...ssibly-of-infant-found-in-unincorporated-l-a/

The 9yo's family needs to move far away in order to save the sanity of their beautiful daughter. She's terrified of her home now.

Bless all of the little children.

Trying not to be too graphic here but maybe the baby was left in a trash can or alley and a dog or dogs found it. What I mean is maybe the dismemberment wasn't done by a person.

Trying not to be too graphic here but maybe the baby was left in a trash can or alley and a dog or dogs found it. What I mean is maybe the dismemberment wasn't done by a person.

I thought of coyotes, however considering the area, probably not.
The question remains, though, who is missing a baby!

Ugh! It's horrible enough that a baby may have been murdered, and was treated with such disregard (even if stillborn), then the remains being discovered by young children make this all the more disturbing.

"Near the fence" makes me think the remains were tossed over the fence from a neighbor's yard. Could be a resident of that neighboring home who did the deed, a friend or family member did, or perhaps that yard wasn't fenced and it was just more accessible, but probably done by someone who lives in the neighborhood or with ties to someone living in the neighborhood. When the person is found, I hope she is made to pay for the counseling of those children who found the remains.

LE/ the ME will be able to easily tell whether the infant was dismembered using a tool (by a human) or by an animal. Are surveillance cameras on any of the homes nearby?

Absolutely unbelievable.
My daughter would never, ever be the same if she came across something like that. :tears:

I found a link from the local CBS affiliate which has statements from the 9 year old girl (who is named in said article) who found remains, including video of her being interviewed by a local reporter. I will post a snip and the link but I am not comfortable using her named even though her parents apparently authorized the news org to use it and allowed the interview. Therefore I am opting to redact her name to initials.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...ssibly-of-infant-found-in-unincorporated-l-a/

My husband and I saw this little girl on the 11pm news last night. He is usually a very laidback, calm guy. But he was so angry that her parents let her talk to the reporter and be televised, talking about this horrid crime. As he sadi, she should be talking to a counselor, not a news reporter. :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back