Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Continue discussion here...

001_zpsd9383761.jpg

I just went to the Amazon site to check out the book. There are 58 reviews with 55 five stars, one 4 stars and 2 at 1 star. The one of the 1 star reviews is a person trying to get a rise out of people and for some reason seems to have no love for Tanisha, yet he/she talks about forgiveness in one of his post. What a toad.

I will read the book once it's in paperback. I tried ordering from the Amazon store and I can't find it, probably because i'm in Canada. (Go figure, right across the border).

Anyway, even if the Hughes' profit or not off their book, I could careless. They knew Travis very well, and i'm sure Chris was a mentor/father figure type to Travis. 281129 was very good at what she did. She had everyone believing she was a nice, sweet, innocent girl that can be Travis'. Once they witnessed her evilness, they tried to stop Travis, but Travis did not see her darkest side up until he sent her packing to Yreka.

I hope JA's donors, if they actually exist, know they may owe gift taxes...

Thanks to this trial, I found this interesting. le :sigh: I want to go back and finish my Criminology now.

http://www.wikihow.com/Spot-a-Sociopath

Oooh, ElleElle excellent link, thank you so much! I've read a lot about sociopathy, but my brain needs simple bullet points that are statements of facts just like that.

That page is a fabulous resource for me. :) I love having things broken down like this. Bite-sized pieces of information that are easier for me to process.

:cheers::great::clap::blowkiss::yourock::tyou:

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 3h3 hours ago
@StevenJA86 how's my brother doing??

Steven Alexander ‏@StevenJA86
@cshughes I'm doing great.So happy the book has taking off.Grateful the truth is out there. You guys did an amazing job #OurFriendTravis
943520_198a4a5926c94416b4ba99b469514777.jpg_srb_p_610_814_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

The book went to number one on Amazon and I couldn't be happier. Anyone who reads it will enjoy hearing from lots of folks who knew and loved Travis Alexander. It is inspiring reading how deeply he touched people and changed their lives, forever. One can only hope to live a life to be remembered so fondly. Rest in peace Travis!

So much wonderful information on a brandy-new page!

It's refreshing to see the positive "aftermath" shown here. I loved the pictures of Steven Alexander smiling and looking relaxed. It looks like he has a "big-brother" figure who is supporting him emotionally. I pray he improves and improves.

It's so great to see Stephen smiling. I hope he can try to find some peace in his life. I was worried about him the most. It's astounding how much pain one person can cause so many people.

I'm probably going to buy the book. I haven't had the chance to go over every bit of communication I've had with friends and family members to make sure I always "got the picture" correctly & immediately, never gave bad advice, admonished fairly only when asked, and never said anything in private that I wouldn't want read by the public. Until I do that, I'll continue to think that there were a lot of victims in this case whose private lives were viciously laid bare unnecessarily, simply b/c the murderer wanted revenge. Way too many who loved and were loved by Travis in spite of imperfections/mistakes in their lives.

Hey all! :wave:

Just in case someone missed the explanation on how to get a FULL screen without the Ads - try this! It worked for me and I'm on a laptop! :pcguru:

Spellbound said:
think it is here to stay, but I have a suggestion if you are brave enough to try it. What I posted above about the skins appears to have changed my setting for my PC also, and I have a whole width page of posts, no ads in a column down the right side. Try this:

go to your general settings. (can access it from the top of this page under Forum Actions)
scroll down to Forum Skin.
Choose WS Mobile.
If you get some kind of message similar to "this is not supported on your ____", click on FULL SITE just below that.

That should be all you need, and the left column of ads is gone. Let me know if it worked for anyone. If it didn't work, go back and re-do and make sure to click on Save Changes.

I discovered something that I find extremely chilling. I wish I knew the best place to discuss this, but I'm posting here for lack of a better idea.

I just completed watching the Breaking Bad series. I had been aware of it when it was on TV, but never had the attention to give it back then. I always told myself I would find the time to watch it and that has now happened. As it unfolded, I started to notice striking parallels to JA, and they came together in the end. I will list my random thoughts below.

- The series started in Jan 2008 (near the time of the murder) and ended Sep 2013 (near the end of the trial)
- WW, the main character, was very intelligent, maybe a genius, and developed into a sociopath
- The stories he told to cover up the lies were just as ridiculous and fantastical as those JA told and kept changing
- The amount of planning and charm and manipulation with everyone was amazing
- WW had his own "fugue state", which is another name for "fog", and it was a complete lie to try to explain his sneaky behavior, and the doctor called it TRANSIENT GLOBAL AMNESIA (ring a bell?)
- There was a scene where 3 Ninjas attacked the wife and threatened her to keep quiet. Didn't kill her but warned her if she spoke about anything
- WW had everyone fooled, including his own family, and his partners, and if you asked anyone who knew him before, he was always such a great guy
- He went through great lengths to acquire weapons, listening devices, cameras, poisons, etc and devised great schemes and stories and "Plan B"s
- Several scenes showed people showing up with an offer, and if agreed, they did the offer, and if not, they were killed or decimated, to their complete surprise
- He rationalized all the killings saying it was "for his family"
- He used children as an excuse and justification for at least 2 murders
- He faked a robbery to create a fake story for another deception
- He thought he was smarter than everyone else, including his lawyer and the DEA
- He was able to circumvent prison controls and murdered people inside
- He thought only of himself for everything and used people including his own family or scammed them (ala Darryl)
- He used threats or blackmail to gain cooperation or prevent people from bailing (e.g. his wife, partner, or lawyer)
- He made a fake video to throw his family under the bus (sound familiar?)
- He made a conspicuous phone call to create an illusion for legal purposes (hmmm...)
- His family eventually figured him out to be a monster

- EDIT: He did the EXACT SAME THING as the sentence hearing. He told his enemy that he watched his girlfriend die and could have saved her but didn't. Just for evil spite.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure there's more. I know there is little chance that JA had seen all this as it was playing, but it is soooo eerily similar that I have to wonder. She rarely or never comes up with any idea on her own, so did she copy any of this too? And/or we see another example of a character and how they become so evil.

I'm probably going to buy the book. I haven't had the chance to go over every bit of communication I've had with friends and family members to make sure I always "got the picture" correctly & immediately, never gave bad advice, admonished fairly only when asked, and never said anything in private that I wouldn't want read by the public. Until I do that, I'll continue to think that there were a lot of victims in this case whose private lives were viciously laid bare unnecessarily, simply b/c the murderer wanted revenge. Way too many who loved and were loved by Travis in spite of imperfections/mistakes in their lives.

Yep, we've all said things that in hindsight we wish we had not said, or had something we said taken out of context or misunderstood for one reason or another.

None of us like to be held forever to something we said or did even after we got more information and clarification was necessary. Depending on the situation, we might even do a complete 180. Chris and Sky Hughes should not be forever seen as villains because they made some decisions based on what they knew of a situation at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991