Costa Rica - Mark, 42, & Laura Vockery, 41, Playa Flamingo, 29 July 2005

Shadow205

Reaction score
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Missing couple inspires prayers[/font]
Mark and Laura Vockery lost at sea off coast of Coasta Rica since Friday
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By DAVID E. MALLOY - The Herald-Dispatch [/font]
LNspot-200.jpg
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mark and Laura Vockery, of Ashland, seen here in their wedding photo from less than a year ago, have been missing since Friday, along with three crew members of the fishing boat they chartered while vacationing in Costa Rica. The United States Coast Guard, along with Costa Rican authorities, are searching for the missing party, who wen fishing in the Pacific off the coast of Costa Rica.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ASHLAND - A friend and co-worker of an Ashland man who has been lost at sea since Friday with his wife of less than a year and three fishermen off the Pacific coast of Costa Rica still holds out hope Mark and Laura Vockery can be found.[/font]​

What I think is so strange about this is that there was no remains/debris found of the boat that they went out on. No oil slick to indicate that the boat went down or anything. From what I have read the seas were not even rough. The crew of the boat are also missing.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/12436954.htm

Here is the latest from today's Lexington Herald...

PLAYA FLAMINGO, Costa Rica - When recently-wed Ashland residents Mark and Laura Vockery boarded the Kingfisher I here on July 29, they planned to spend a day enjoying some of Costa Rica's famed deep-sea catch-and-release fishing.

But there's been no trace of the 27-foot boat or the five people on board -- the Vockerys and three crew members -- for more than three weeks.

Their disappearance has become the most recent example of the perils facing tourists in this Central American country at a time when tourism is bringing in a record haul of visitors.

I just don't understand what could have happened to them.

I don't sail very often (read: hardly ever), so my knowledge
of boats is limited.

How can a boat just go missing?
Wouldn't another boat see them after a day or so?

Tristan said:
I just don't understand what could have happened to them.

I don't sail very often (read: hardly ever), so my knowledge
of boats is limited.

How can a boat just go missing?
Wouldn't another boat see them after a day or so?
I don't know Tristan. They began searching pretty soon. If the boat would have sunk then there would most likely have been an oil slick around where it went down. Those don't disapate very quickly. Also, usually when a boat sinks, articles from the boat are found floating. I think that they met with foul play.

http://amcostarica.com/072908.htm

Published Tuesday, July 29, 2008, in Vol. 8, No. 149

The Costa Ricans in the crew were Captain Harold González Rodríguez, assisted by his brother Danilo González Rodríguez, both in their 20s, and Mayel Gómez Alanís, a 16-year-old.

The above Costa Rican's are also missing.

Then 15 days later someone used Vockery's credit card at a Payless shoe store in Guatemala, Ms. Herrington reported. According to a distorted story the family received, a Guatemalan fisherman found a man's body 200 miles at sea and took what valuables he could, including the credit card.

Info above from an anonymous tipster.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back