Lacy leaves no trace - as revealed by the Whites' Open Records request

cynic

Reaction score
Late last year, Fleet and Priscilla White tried to obtain correspondence between the DA’s office and certain individuals.
This is a course of action available to citizens of the State of Colorado through the Colorado Open Records Act and the Colorado Criminal Justice Records Act.
It would seem that Mary Lacy left office without leaving a trace.

As outlined in one of the exchanges between the Whites and the DA’s office, Lacy’s eight years as DA should have led to a considerable quantity of records.
It should also be noted that Stan Garnett’s record-keeping skills are only marginally better.
Some of the records sought included:
All records of correspondence and communications between former Boulder District Attorney Mary (Keenan) Lacy and the following persons during the period of 2001 through 2008:

John Ramsey and Patricia Ramsey, parents of JonBenet Ramsey;
Stanley L. Garnett ;
L. Lin Wood, Esq. ;
Bill Ritter, former Denver District Attorney and Governor of Colorado;
Jean Dubofsky, a former Colorado Supreme Court Justice;
Ryan Brackley;
Lucinda Franks, an author and journalist.
Any member of the Haddon Morgan & Foreman law firm including but not limited to Harold Haddon and G, Bryan Morgan ;
Patrick J. Burke, Esq. ;
H. Patrick Furman, Esq. ;

Chief Trial Deputy, Sean Finn, appears to claim that all records of correspondence and communications of Mary Lacy, are not in the custody and control of the District Attorney of the Twentieth Judicial District.

Three documents are attached which detail the efforts of the Whites.
They include responses from the DA, the AG, and the Governor.

Attachments

• Fleet White 10-6-14 letter to AG Suthers.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • Fleet White 10-15-14 leter to CO Gov Hickenlooper.pdf
    86.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Spector 11-21-14 reply letter to Fleet White.pdf
    66.3 KB · Views: 68
As always, thanks for the update, cynic.

This is in no way intended to be a political comment, but I can't help but want to pass along the rumor I heard :giggle: ...

I heard that Lacy has disclosed that she had her emails stored on a secret server in Chappaqua, NY. :dance:

:floorlaugh:

This is in no way intended to be a political comment, but I can't help but want to pass along the rumor I heard :giggle: ...

I heard that Lacy has disclosed that she had her emails stored on a secret server in Chappaqua, NY. :dance:

otg,
Quite probable. News Corporation kept a backup of its global email traffic stored on a separate server.

Yet stated corporate emails for a particular juncture in time for a particular geographic location had, as a normal process of administration, in compliance with policy all been deleted.

These deleted emails were later recovered and produced as evidence in various trials.

I'm willing to bet that Lacy's emails will still be available, just that she does not know?

You heard that too? I heard that Hunter, Beuf and a few other others were in on that as well. :D

You heard that too? I heard that Hunter, Beuf and a few other others were in on that as well. :D
Them too? Oh, my! Sounds like a vast, ri... er, le... er, uh, vast, wing-nut conspiracy.

Late last year, Fleet and Priscilla White tried to obtain correspondence between the DA’s office and certain individuals.
This is a course of action available to citizens of the State of Colorado through the Colorado Open Records Act and the Colorado Criminal Justice Records Act.
It would seem that Mary Lacy left office without leaving a trace.

As outlined in one of the exchanges between the Whites and the DA’s office, Lacy’s eight years as DA should have led to a considerable quantity of records.
It should also be noted that Stan Garnett’s record-keeping skills are only marginally better.
Some of the records sought included:
All records of correspondence and communications between former Boulder District Attorney Mary (Keenan) Lacy and the following persons during the period of 2001 through 2008:

John Ramsey and Patricia Ramsey, parents of JonBenet Ramsey;
Stanley L. Garnett ;
L. Lin Wood, Esq. ;
Bill Ritter, former Denver District Attorney and Governor of Colorado;
Jean Dubofsky, a former Colorado Supreme Court Justice;
Ryan Brackley;
Lucinda Franks, an author and journalist.
Any member of the Haddon Morgan & Foreman law firm including but not limited to Harold Haddon and G, Bryan Morgan ;
Patrick J. Burke, Esq. ;
H. Patrick Furman, Esq. ;

Chief Trial Deputy, Sean Finn, appears to claim that all records of correspondence and communications of Mary Lacy, are not in the custody and control of the District Attorney of the Twentieth Judicial District.
:dunno:
Three documents are attached which detail the efforts of the Whites.
They include responses from the DA, the AG, and the Governor.

Is Lacy just some small part of a proud Colorado tradition? :dunno:

In the same vein of the lack of Lacy records was a noteworthy announcement by the Investigative Reporters and Editors organization. (IRE) "IRE is proud to announce the finalists for its 2015 Golden Padlock Award celebrating the most secretive government agency or individual in the United States. The Golden Padlock award is handed out to various institutional entities in the US for excelling “in the art of institutional secrecy on matters of vital public interest – from the conduct of police and judges to border safety and the details behind war crimes in Afghanistan. They carry forward a rich tradition of undermining open records laws with ingenuity, commitment and condescension deserving of our acknowledgement."

Presenting the Colorado Judicial Branch. Per the June 6, 2015 announcement, it didn’t win, but it was named a finalist! "The Colorado Judicial Branch was named a finalist for shrouding in secrecy the conduct of some of the state’s most powerful and well-paid civil servants. Since 2012, Colorado ’s Judicial Branch has been exempt from the state’s open records laws. That has given court administrators authority to decide what records – from budgets to internal memos – the half-billion-dollar-a-year agency will and won't release."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back