Offensive Ads?

EllieBee

Former Member
Reaction score
So Pierce Brosnan's wife is a pig who can't stop eating?

I want to see huge reddish-brown stains pn a cheerleader's undewear?

What doesthis have to do with WS?

I get the whole ad revenue thing. But why such embarassing and shaming ads?

It is so opposite of classy. And it was suggested to me that those ads were targeted at me for specific reasons. Like I was fat or unclean.

Except I am not overweight,am in good physical shape, and am not a cheerleader with period stains on her soffe shorts.

Gah.

I get we need ads. Can we choose nicer ones?

Those ads are not ones approved by Websleuths or our advertisers. We can and have blocked the disgusting cheerleader ad thanks to Dave. It's not an easy thing to do. I don't know how he does it.

I have not seen the one about Pierce Bronson's wife. I'll keep a lookout for it and see what can be done.

Thank you,
Tricia

now there's a *advertiser censored* ad on the right hand side - it says single moms near the top

I went to the link about bad ads but c'mon, that is WAY too much work & much too complicated for people who aren't techies

I got to step 2 or 3 - something about clicking arrows

I just want to come to WS without seeing *advertiser censored*

oh and I'm not a single mom nor do I watch *advertiser censored* so this ad cannot be 'targeted' to me as its audience

Everyone,

I want to assure you we are on top of this problem. It's a problem that happens at the ad agency end and unfortunately sometimes their ability to stop these ad hacks from happening doesn't work. These ads are not anything we have ever given permission to run. Just the opposite. We have these ads and many other ads that might even be slightly offensive blocked.

It is upsetting to see these type of ads I know all I ask is for your patience.

Tricia

This evening, I'm seeing images in the middle of the page that I don't want to see. Not too explicit, but not enough clothing, either.

Anyone else with this problem, any solution?

:seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back