GUILTY Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #4 *Arrest*

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
1297637814768_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/12/03/family-seeking-clues-in-missing--womans-disappearance

Please continue here for Shannon

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/12/03/family-seeking-clues-in-missing--womans-disappearance

"The family of a missing Calgary woman hope a public appeal can provide information on her whereabouts.

Missing for a week, family members of 25-year-old Shannon Burgess say the disappearance of the aspiring actress and stand-up comic is out of character.

“It’s completely out of the ordinary,” said Erin Madill, the missing woman’s sister.

“She had all sorts of plans the weekend that she never showed up to — not just obligations, but fun things she was telling us she was looking forward to.”

Burgess was last seen on Nov. 26 by her estranged husband in Calgary".

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Hard to believe that Shannon has been missing months now and still no word from LE or her family as to what may have become of her.

Considering Shannon's disappearance, this sentence from the 660 news link, packs quite a punch, imo.

rbbm.

"Sgt. Corey Mah said the homicide unit has been called in and the person’s age and gender are being held back for now."

Hard to say. Mr. Li's car was found at the Glenmore Reservoir... Clear accross the city.

Yeah, I'd hesitated on that point. But if foul play were involved, (as opposed to suicide), the body might turn up somewhere else.

In fact, if a missing person's car were found clear across the city from the body, it may be good reason to suspect foul play. However, as you said, this part of the Bow River is also very close to a drop-in centre...

I read on one of her posts way back that she isn't a purse person,, i'll go look for it later.

IIRC one of the news reports stated she had left with only her 'wallet' and keys.

Only wallet and keys? Was she wearing nothing?

Kidding ;)...but still, this is weird. No last seen wearing, and no word yet. Voluntary disappearance or CPS keeping it close to the vest to filter out false tips, it seems.

That would be a very important tip, imho, if we could know what she was wearing when the last person in Edmonton saw her before she went on her way back to Calgary. And then to also know if those same clothes are at her home.

My guess is that if she did in fact make it home, she would have changed clothes before 'leaving' to go out on the town or wherever she was going at 12;30am on a weeknight on her own without vehicle and phone. If the clothes she was wearing when she left Edmonton are in her house, I'd have a little better feeling about ruling at least one scenario out, as to what happened to her. You would think that would be an easy thing for police to determine... and if clothes were not changed, then police could have at least made a good guess as to what she was wearing. I guess it would be detrimental to their investigation to release such information?

Kidding ;)...but still, this is weird. No last seen wearing, and no word yet. Voluntary disappearance or CPS keeping it close to the vest to filter out false tips, it seems.

That would be a very important tip, imho, if we could know what she was wearing when the last person in Edmonton saw her before she went on her way back to Calgary. And then to also know if those same clothes are at her home.

My guess is that if she did in fact make it home, she would have changed clothes before 'leaving' to go out on the town or wherever she was going at 12;30am on a weeknight on her own without vehicle and phone. If the clothes she was wearing when she left Edmonton are in her house, I'd have a little better feeling about ruling at least one scenario out, as to what happened to her. You would think that would be an easy thing for police to determine... and if clothes were not changed, then police could have at least made a good guess as to what she was wearing. I guess it would be detrimental to their investigation to release such information?

...there is so much left open that I couldn't even begin to guess what she was wearing. She *may*have left that evening, wearing (?)....and LE may have found something to guide their approach.

..or it's quiet to gather worthy tips. We'll see. I have impressions about this that I'm going to hang on to.

I never wear anything when I leave my house at midnight. Nothing more exciting than running down the road waving your hands in the air and getting strange looks from drivers.

Sorry.. I'm working on my nemesis portfolio :happydance:

I never wear anything when I leave my house at midnight. Nothing more exciting than running down the road waving your hands in the air and getting strange looks from drivers.

Sorry.. I'm working on my nemesis portfolio :happydance:

OK add me. Am I first or tenth? I'm a slow typist.

Or LE may not want the public to know if it's connected somehow as evidence.

Hypothetically, if JB said she left wearing a certain sweater but as Deug said on the next post - LE finds that sweater at home, it would catch JB in a lie.

I think the fact they're not releasing what she is wearing signifies something important for sure. When JMB, JRN, Nathan and the Liknes' went missing, all had clothing descriptions put out to the public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back