SC SC - Naomi Collins, 28, Sumter County, 4 March 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Naomi Collins - https://www.facebook.com/naomic019
1535703_587604087987261_1396445243_n.jpg

Sumter County woman missing for two months
SUMTER COUNTY, SC (WACH) - The Sumter County Sheriff’s Office is asking for help in locating a 28-year-old Sumter County woman last seen nearly two months ago.

Naomi Collins was last seen on March 4, 2015, in the vicinity of Highway 15 South and Country Springs Drive.

In addition to the lengthy time Collins has been missing, authorities have received unsubstantiated reports that make investigators concerned for her well-being.
http://www.wach.com/news/story.aspx?id=1198361#.VUJ3UiFViko

This is interesting...I can't load it, but it seems to be her.

Naomi Collins misses out on Powerball prize
Jan 14, 2015 - Naomi Collins of Sumter South Carolina misses out on Powerball prize

gazette-herald-tribune-2.com/.../Naomi-Collins-Sumter-South%20Carolina....

Here's her FB - which also talks about Powerball / lottery things.

https://www.facebook.com/naomic019?fref=ufi

In fact, her last two posts - March 5th (one day after she was last seen) are references to money.

Interestingly, it seems like even friends may not have realized she was missing until it hit the news.

If you look at her last post, it wasn't until April 28th when she got two notes from people saying to call them.

Even back in 2012 she's posting on news sites about lottery related things: https://www.facebook.com/WLTXNews19/posts/10151230162078999

This is interesting...I can't load it, but it seems to be her.

gazette-herald-tribune-2.com/.../Naomi-Collins-Sumter-South%20Carolina....

I would ignore this link. I don't know what their purpose is, but it's one of those sites that just plugs people's names in for some reason. My boyfriend recently did a search on an ex of his who has almost no internet presence and has a very unusual name, and he found her name in an almost identical article.

Has anyone considered Human Trafficking. <modsnip>

I also think the money comment was from the person that had something to do with her going missing. This is an attempt to throw people off to think she got some money and just vanished willingly. (My opinion)

Have the police pinged her cell phone location, does anyone have access to her computers or facebook account! If her cell phone could be I located or the last place she used wifi, it would give an approximate location to start a search!

MOD ALERT

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor.

Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect.

We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player.

We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

I can't find any updates on Naomi... She still seems to be missing :(

Naomi Lynn Collins – The Charley Project

• Missing Since: 03/04/2015
  • Missing From: Sumter County, South Carolina
  • Classification: Endangered Missing
  • Sex: Female
  • Race: White
  • Date of Birth: 05/23/1986 (34)
  • Height and Weight: 5'1, 130 pounds
  • Medical Conditions: Collins is addicted to drugs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Collins's ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Collins was last seen near U.S. 15 south and Country Springs Drive in Sumter County, South Carolina on March 4, 2015. A witness saw her getting into a car with an unidentified African-American male. She has never been heard from again.

Although Collins would occasionally drop out of sight for a month or two at a time, she would always keep in touch with her son, who lived with his paternal grandmother. Authorities stated that because of her drug addiction and because it's uncharacteristic of her to be out of contact with her loved ones, they believe she could be in danger. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
  • Sumter County Sheriff's Office 803-436-2000
Source Information

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-17 125222.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-17 125222.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 0
NOV 15, 2022
[...]

The memorial site ended up taking nearly two years to complete. The group went from council to council, asking for a piece of property. It wasn’t until April 2021 that Sumter County Council approved a site at 115 N. Harvin St., the location of a former Holocaust memorial that has since moved to a new home.

Fundraisers were held to purchase the light, benches and construction, and it wasn’t until Feb. 17 of this year that the concrete was poured. By the end of the summer, the benches and light were installed.

[...]

Several families of missing people from Sumter attended and spoke at the unveiling. Those included family members and friends of Garcia, Willie Hodge Jr., Barbara Nave, Tommy Brailey, Barbara Jenkins, Julia Bean, Naomi Collins, Stacy Lester and Shelton Sanders.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back