N.C. Law Encourages Guns for Victims

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
North Carolina lawmakers have approved a measure that would require courts to give battered spouses something extra when they seek a restraining order - information on how to apply for a concealed weapon.

The bill, which passed overwhelmingly in both houses of the legislature, would also add protective orders to the evidence a sheriff can consider when determining whether to issue an emergency permit to carry a concealed weapon. Normally, an applicant must wait 90 days for such a permit.
http://ap.washingtontimes.com/dynamic/stories/D/DOMESTIC_VIOLENCE_GUNS?SITE=DCTMS&SECTION=HOME

Finally. Sheesh.

I am a big proponent of the right to protect yourself.

I have a friend in Nashville who was just attacked at knife AND gun point in the parking garage where I used to work with her.

They wanted to jack her car but it was a stick shift and they couldn't drive it so they tried to force her in the car to drive but she refused. They scuffled and she screamed and they ran. ONe was caught - he was 17.

Anyway, she is going to get her license to carry a concealed weapon and learn how to use one. You won't get it used against you if you are well trained and confident. I don't mean a one-day class - get trained by the guy who trains the SWAT team and get private classes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back