Law Enforcement Statement Analysis

That is a good analysis of the ransom note....probably one of the best I have seen.

I've read it before but not at that site.

I wonder what part of the country he grew up in? I've heard and used "and hence" all my life so I've never thought the phrase was particularly strange or unique.

Thanks Sabrina,

That was excellent and made so much sense, it boggles the mind that anyone would still wonder who wrote the note, AND HENCE, responsible for JonBenet's death.

It did make sense, some of it was out there, though. I have used hence before......

Tipper, I have hardly heard "and hence" or "hence" used at all and I've lived on both coasts, plus two countries in Europe.

I don't know where Mark is from originally, but he has lived in Georgia for at least 8 years:
"From 1991 - 1999, I taught interviewing techniques at the United States Marshals Service Training Academy which is located at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, Georgia. "

However, I recently looked at an old textbook and it was full of "hences". I guess I never paid attention to it when I took the course!

Edited to mean "hence"...no "AND" before the hence... That is incorrect grammar.

So what we have is a perp who grew up in either Vergennes or Burlington, Vermont and kidded his way through academic papers while in law school.

Piece o' cake!

No,I live in Maryland and have used hence and myriad all of my life,both of which often are used by "some" with an "and" in front. My mother used hence,my sisters use hence,it never struck me as odd . We purchased "attache's" for the men at Christmastime. We never used the word countermeasures,that IMO was the interesting word in the ransom note. That always sounded military IMO,maybe the someone who wrote the note was involved in military intelligence. (before losing his mind of course).

Originally posted by Sabrina
Maryland is close to West Virginia, isn't it?

Got that right, Sabrina, I was thinking the same thing. The two states share a border.

Originally posted by sissi
We never used the word countermeasures,that IMO was the interesting word in the ransom note. That always sounded military IMO,maybe the someone who wrote the note was involved in military intelligence. (before losing his mind of course).

sissi, as you may recall, John Ramsey was in the military in the 1960s. He was a Naval officer. The word, "countermeasures" would be a word he'd be quite familiar with.

I think that Patsy penned the note, but that she and John together decided what it would say; and hence, both their "signatures" are there, in the wording of the note.

Very good use of hence....but I don't think you needed the "and."

ajt, Patsy was grammatically incorrect when she used "and" with "hence." If I hadn't written "and hence," I wouldn't be accurately mimicking Patsy, now would I?

I don't understand why you considered your post so hilarious and such a snappy comeback to my post that you had to make another post to pat yourself on the back with smilies.

Originally posted by Sabrina
http://www.statementanalysis.com/lying/

http://www.statementanalysis.com/ramseynote/

Don't recall ever seeing this before. I do know that the case is often discussed in law enforcement classes.

WOW...thanks for info...I'm off and trying to buy this read/book but not having much luck...but I'm persistant!!!LOL!!! THANK YOU again for info--I'd heard there was a manual/info somewhere for Law Enforcement to learn from...not sure this the same info...:D

The comparison of "and hence" used with duplicate wording (delivery & hope) shows more than the usage, but the same style of writing.

His analysis is excellent throughout the whole note.

Bottom line: murder covered up as a kidnapping; written by a female. JonBenet was already dead when the note was written; hence a fake kidnapping used to cover-up a murder.

The problem I have with this analysis is the assumption that it is supposed to have something to do with real people and events. I think it doesn't. The assumption is the note is meant to deceive the police and that it is directed at John. I don't think this is correct.

The absurd and improbable ransom amount and the mysterious sign off should be the key to an understanding. The unreality of these main elements should be extrapolated to the whole note so that the entire content of the note should be seen as not relating to the real world, rather the content of the note should be seen as pertaining to the psyche of the author, including the names Mr. Ramsey and John.

Those names should be replaced by the word "God" and "your daughter" should be seen as refering to Patsy herself.

The author of the note is a split off persona complex that usurped Patsy in the manner of disociative identity disorder.

The note can then be understood as a directive to God to deliver the meaning of Psalms 118 to the author with the result of the return of Patsy as the major persona identity.

I think the note was written before the deed was completed and maybe before the whole thing started. It was meant to insure results for something uncompleted.

The afore mentioned analysis does not take into account the complexity of Patsy Paugh Ramsey, her intellect and particularly her reading habits and theatricality. It's major fault is the failure to connect the strange irrational content of the note to literature Patsy is known to have been deeply involved in.

Originally posted by Blazeboy3
FWIW... THAT PHRASE: AND HENCE (or just HENCE)?

(F)or (W)hat (I)t's (W)orth:(FWIW): and hence (or HENCE) is not any where close to majority/normal/common "statement, etc." --very very very rare...IMHO obsolete(nil).!:rolleyes:

Very, very, very rare?

From a Google search that excludes JonBenet references:

Interesting observation of the BB and hence human nature, etc. ... Follow Ups:

LAM: BLACS (and hence Scalapack). ... To: lam@xxxxxxxxxx; Subject: LAM: BLACS
(and hence Scalapack); From: Mark Hagger <mhagger@xxxxxxxxxxx>; ...

svg image is to large and hence truncated when converted to pdf. ...

Calculation of differential absorption, and hence axial ratio, of ordinary
and extraordinary ray, propagating along magnetic field lines. ...

Female sticklebacks use male coloration in mate choice and hence ...
letters to nature Nature 344, 330 - 333 (1990); doi:10.1038/344330a0

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
... graduate? Yes No Undecided Not Applicable 347 97% 3 1% 7 2% 2 1% NOTE:
percentages are rounded and hence exceed 100% Page 11. Appendix ...

ECN: Please help Pakistani IT Industry and hence Pakistan's ailing economy.
Shahzad O. Burney shahzad at cisco.com Wed Mar 20 18:44:46 PKT 2002: ...

How the US Presidents and the Pentagon Misperceived and Hence Lost
the Vietnam War Lev Navrozov Friday, Feb. 28, 2003. In the mid ...

... [c_plus_plus_programming] RE: and hence came process space, dynamically
allocated memory and de structors again. From: John Elkins; ...

Contributions, suggestions, comments, criticisms needed, and hence welcomed
- thank you! Participate in workshops and information sessions. ...
www.sn.apc.org/nitf/liz/tsld029.htm - 2k - Cached - Similar pages

DEFINITION: "All sports are inherently competitive and hence ...
SPORT IS WAR: THE ROLE OF GENDER. A quick definition of sport:

and so on...

There are another 2 million+ hits but it will take me a while to post them all

Great find Sabrina...I have come to believe John had a hand in writing the note along with Patsy. John seems to use most of the phrases found in the ransom letter. His military experience, his experience with computer language, etc...

Originally posted by TLynn
The comparison of "and hence" used with duplicate wording (delivery & hope) shows more than the usage, but the same style of writing.

His analysis is excellent throughout the whole note.

Bottom line: murder covered up as a kidnapping; written by a female. JonBenet was already dead when the note was written; hence a fake kidnapping used to cover-up a murder.

:) :p ;) :D TLynn:I agree(as in DITTO!)!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back