827 users online (169 members and 658 guests)  

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    "An eleven-year-old girl came forward claiming that she had seen Lauren being abducted by a stranger.

An eleven-year-old girl witnessed Lauren being abducted by an unidentified white male. She saw the man forcing Lauren into a car."

Any info on this girl and where she saw it happening?

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Lauren_Jackson

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Trackergd View Post
    I discovered something new when I was digging through my files to make copies for another WS member. It seems that Lauren had walked to a convenience store with other children on at least one occasion after her mother had forbidden her to do so. I really need to figure out what convenience stores were nearby at the time and if the sites are still intact and not developed. Any locals who can chime in, I would appreciate the input. I am going to make additional copies with markups on this new detail and forward to the DA's office.
    Tracker - I grew up in this area and had a few friends that lived in Park Springs around this time, I'm trying to get in touch with them to ask them about the POI with the bad arm, boots and yellow dirty socks.

I can tell you that right next to the motel is a little shopping plaza and the corner store was called Johns Newstand. Not sure if it's still there or not. It was a seedy little place, my friends and I could go in there and buy cigarettes when we were 14, no questions asked. I imagine that's the store she would go to with her friends. It was a great place to walk to as a kid because it was the only place back then that was within walking distance that you could go to and get chocolate bars and/or candy. Also, it was a place that sold dirty magazines, marijuana papers and cigarettes so there would be some strange men hanging outside of that store from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2326 View Post
    "An eleven-year-old girl came forward claiming that she had seen Lauren being abducted by a stranger.

An eleven-year-old girl witnessed Lauren being abducted by an unidentified white male. She saw the man forcing Lauren into a car."

Any info on this girl and where she saw it happening?

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Lauren_Jackson

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    If I remember correctly, this was investigated and found to be a different girl or was discounted. Can't remember which.
    Unless otherwise noted, my posts are opinions or theories only and may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance.
    Unless otherwise noted, photographs posted by me may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance

Please help find Lauren Jackson Missing since 1988 Spring City PA

Pennsylvania Missing Persons Cases:
    Lauren Jackson, Amanda DeGuio, Ray Gricar, Kortne Stouffer, Toni Sharpless, Anna Maciejewska

Quote Originally Posted by pisces1234 View Post
    Tracker - I grew up in this area and had a few friends that lived in Park Springs around this time, I'm trying to get in touch with them to ask them about the POI with the bad arm, boots and yellow dirty socks.

I can tell you that right next to the motel is a little shopping plaza and the corner store was called Johns Newstand. Not sure if it's still there or not. It was a seedy little place, my friends and I could go in there and buy cigarettes when we were 14, no questions asked. I imagine that's the store she would go to with her friends. It was a great place to walk to as a kid because it was the only place back then that was within walking distance that you could go to and get chocolate bars and/or candy. Also, it was a place that sold dirty magazines, marijuana papers and cigarettes so there would be some strange men hanging outside of that store from time to time.
    Thank you for that additional information. I will see if the store is still there.
    Unless otherwise noted, my posts are opinions or theories only and may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance.
    Unless otherwise noted, photographs posted by me may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance

Lauren Jackson, Amanda DeGuio, Ray Gricar, Kortne Stouffer, Toni Sharpless, Anna Maciejewska

Quote Originally Posted by Trackergd View Post
    I honestly don't know. Lots of speculation at the time, but I never got the impression that the PD or FBI had that as a primary theory. I spent most of my time on my stomach looking at prints and chasing down every suspected print the sign cutters and grid searches found, including one about 20' up a concrete drainage pipe.

The mother was weepy/puffy eyed the entire time, had dark circles around her eyes and would occasionally break down in tears for short periods. I have no idea what information the "expert listener" who was assigned to be her "personal aid and communications person" during the search overheard. That person was a female member of GPSR and all the conversations that individual overheard were turned over to the PD and FBI. I have never seen the transcripts. The Chief of GPSR never disclosed that information to the SAR team members.

I know that her father and the FBI Agent or Sgt Cote did take a trip to Florida to follow up on a lead but found nothing. Looking back over the articles, I did find that there were extended family on the mothers side that lived in Florida. If they were staying in the Vincent Motel at the time (as noted in one news article)....well...anyone can do that math.
    Maybe the mother owed money for drugs and they had warned her and because she didn't pay up, this was the result.

Sent from my Z835 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mamilau320 View Post
    Maybe the mother owed money for drugs and they had warned her and because she didn't pay up, this was the result.

Sent from my Z835 using Tapatalk
    That has been a long held theory and was discussed at length by local and Federal LE at the time of the search.

Penhurst Womans Homes.jpg
    The buildings overgrown on the left are what I was told were Pennhurst buildings for women, now on the VA Hospital property. I don't remember them being searched. Even in 1988 they were overgrown and in very bad condition. I can only imagine what might be found in them.

Behind News Stand.jpg
    This is the field and woods behind the strip mall. Not sure if this was searched or not. Seems a bit open for an abduction, but the woods offer some cover from view. Might be worth a look before spring while the weeds etc are dormant.

Quote Originally Posted by MadamReporter View Post
    The most significant thing I found that I believe speaks volumes about how the mother felt about Lauren was the mother's obituary where it says she only had one daughter.... Lauren's sister. I think that is VERY profound becausDide the mother died not knowing what happened to Lauren; she didn't know if Lauren was dead or alive, so to not acknowledge that she even had another daughter told me everything I needed to know.
    Did Christina write her own obituary?

Just to update anyone new to the case, I was the SAR footprint tracker on this case and have extensive files and news clippings of this case (and all my cases). I have worked this case for 30 years and am not about to give up.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20