Parents warned about teen Facebook challenge – Game of 72

Tulessa

Reaction score
VANCOUVER – Police are warning parents about a teen Facebook challenge making the rounds online. It’s called Game of 72 and it’s a challenge to teenagers on the social network to completely vanish for 72 hours.

They are not to tell anyone where they are and the more mayhem and panic that is caused, the more points that teen is awarded.

The Vancouver Police are worried enough to issue a warning about it.

Const. Brian Montague says in Vancouver alone they get 3,000 to 4,000 missing person’s reports every year, about 10 a day. “So to add to the workload of our obviously very busy investigators, for cases that are a prank or a game, is something we don’t want to see.”

He adds, as far as he knows, they have not had any cases of this game happening in Vancouver.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1984047/p.../?hootPostID=ee5a6195a64db9006180021908d77bf6

Good heavens. Really???

Thank you, Tulessa.

Sigh.... such foolishness :(
Not to mention a big drain on the resources of the LE. They should fine the teens that do this prank or at least the parents.

I am now wondering about the recent baffling case of the 12 and 14 yr old middle schoolers, from Venice Beach, Ca, that were gone voluntarily for 2 or 3 days---hiding out---then returned home like nothing happened. :facepalm:

I am now wondering about the recent baffling case of the 12 and 14 yr old middle schoolers, from Venice Beach, Ca, that were gone voluntarily for 2 or 3 days---hiding out---then returned home like nothing happened. :facepalm:

GMTA katydid! I was wondering the same thing.

VANCOUVER – Police are warning parents about a teen Facebook challenge making the rounds online. It’s called Game of 72 and it’s a challenge to teenagers on the social network to completely vanish for 72 hours.

They are not to tell anyone where they are and the more mayhem and panic that is caused, the more points that teen is awarded.

The Vancouver Police are worried enough to issue a warning about it.

Const. Brian Montague says in Vancouver alone they get 3,000 to 4,000 missing person’s reports every year, about 10 a day. “So to add to the workload of our obviously very busy investigators, for cases that are a prank or a game, is something we don’t want to see.”

He adds, as far as he knows, they have not had any cases of this game happening in Vancouver.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1984047/p.../?hootPostID=ee5a6195a64db9006180021908d77bf6

The thing is, vanishing for 72 from SOCIAL MEDIA would be a good challenge.

RSBM

Yes,completely agree with you ---- if it's just from social media ONLY ; and NOT 'running away', or some nonsense like that.
:moo:

Yes, but from what I can gather, these teens are not just vanishing from FB/SM for the 72 hours, they're vanishing completely.
And the more panic these teens cause, the more points they get!
They are making a game out of "going missing."

This is not a good trend...

If it was just vanishing from social media, then why would 'panic' ensue. I think they are supposed to hide out totally. JMO

Yes, but from what I can gather, these teens are not just vanishing from FB/SM for the 72 hours, they're vanishing completely.
And the more panic these teens cause, the more points they get!
They are making a game out of "going missing."

This is not a good trend...

I know...just wishful thinking (and remembering my own years without Social Media with fondness)....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back