FedEx Makes Special Delivery of 850 lb. Polar Bear to StL Zoo

al66pine

Reaction score
His crate sat next to the cockpit. I'd call that first class. Not sedated.
I wonder if he got a freebie cocktail to take the edge off.

no ordinary bear

554cd49f4e952.image.jpg

"Kali's journey to St. Louis was well-orchestrated.
Watch a video of the trip here. FedEx donated its service.

At about midnight on Monday, Kali was loaded into a large, 1,100-pound aluminum crate at the Buffalo Zoo. He was taken to the airport in Rochester and loaded onto a new cargo jet for a flight lasting about 3 hours to Memphis, FedEx's hub.
Bircher, a veterinarian and Kali's animal keeper in Buffalo were among those taking care of him on the flight.
Kali was not sedated on the flight. The crate was put next to the cockpit, where the humans sat, and they talked to the bear along the way, monitored him and gave him water with a syringe, Bircher said.
"He did really well," Bircher said. "It helped to have his handler he's known the last two years with him."
In Memphis, his crate was loaded onto a truck marked "Custom Critical" for the five-hour trip to St. Louis. Both the plane cargo area and the truck were kept at 55 degrees."
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_e48fcec7-85f7-574f-b091-3af676d3f9a0.html.

No ordinary crate.
554cd49f37219.image.jpg

FedEx, huh?

I hope he wasn't left at the wrong address.

FedEx, huh?
I hope he wasn't left at the wrong address.

^LOL. TYVM.
Pretty sure I'm on firm ground in saying FedEx driver
did not just throw package from back of truck in general direction of front door.

^LOL. TYVM.
Pretty sure I'm on firm ground in saying FedEx driver
did not just throw package from back of truck in general direction of front door.
Strange.... A large metal crate matching that description was found on the White House lawn last Tuesday morning.

JK!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stawon31