AZ AZ - Jacqueline Vasquez, 3 months, Avondale, 6 May 2001

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
The story began: A 3-month-old girl was kidnapped after her mother left her outside a portable bathroom at an Avondale swap meet Sunday morning, police said.

The mother . . . placed the baby, wearing a white outfit, in a carrier outside the bathroom because she was helping an older daughter inside and there wasn't enough room for all three, she told police.

Jacqueline, the daughter of Jorge Vasquez, now 25, and his wife, Olivia Casteñada, now 22, was born Jan. 14, 2001. She was nearly 4 months old when she was abducted May 6, 2001, at a swap meet near 123rd Avenue and Buckeye Road.

The kidnapping took place when Casteñada stepped into a portable toilet to assist Nayeli. When she stepped back outside, after just a moment, Jacqueline, who was in a baby carrier with a green and white striped cushion, was gone. Casteñada scrambled through the swap meet, frantic to find her baby. Police arrived, but the search was fruitless.

Witnesses said there was a woman at the swap meet who had been showing undue attention to children, police said.

Now, more than four years later, Avondale police remain stumped in solving the case. They hope that an age-progression composite of Jacqueline, prepared by the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, will bring new leads. It shows what the missing girl may look like at 4 years old.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0819coldcase19.html

There is a strong possiblility that Jacqueline is still alive. It looks like she was taken by a woman who wanted a child to me. Its been so long now though I wonder if anyone would regconise her? I think the bast hope is that Jessicas teachers may become suspicious when she starts school or if she needs medical attention.

I think that is why they timed this article as they did. Jacqueline would be starting kindergarten this year wouldn't she?

Very good point! There is every hope that this child will be found I think. Heres hoping..................

emma l said:
There is a strong possiblility that Jacqueline is still alive. It looks like she was taken by a woman who wanted a child to me. Its been so long now though I wonder if anyone would regconise her? I think the bast hope is that Jessicas teachers may become suspicious when she starts school or if she needs medical attention.

I agree. I hope that who ever has her has been good to her. By now the kidnapper probably has false papers...birth certificate, etc. Jacqueline would believe that the kidnapper is her mom because she would have no memory of her birth mother. How would she ever be found. It's hard to tell what state she lives in now. It's to bad that every single kindergarden in the United States can't be notified to check their female students for that birthmark on her upper arm. Hope I'm not mixing up the birthmark I've read so many threads on missing kids tonight!!

Contacting every single kindergarden class in the US is probably out of the question. If LE could do that they could probably find this little girl.

Jacqueline would have just turned 10. Maybe not old enough to grow suspicious of her parents, like Carlina did. But hopefully soon, she will start to realize that things to not add up. Or someone will. We can hope.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vasquez_jacqueline.html
vasquez_jacqueline.jpg
vasquez_jacqueline_ap.jpg

Jacqueline has a heart-shaped birthmark on her upper right arm

Avondale Infant -- Missing Since 2001 -- is Still Missing. Cops Need Help

The Avondale Police Department wants to remind Valley residents that an infant taken from a swap meet in 2001 is still missing, in the hope that some new ink about the girl's abduction could create some new leads.

[snip]

There is one thing that could help identify the girl: she has a heart-shaped birthmark on her upper-right arm.

If you're a 10-year-old girl and have a similar birthmark, or you know a 10-year-old girl who has a similar birthmark, Avondale police would like to speak with you. Anyone with information is asked to call Avondale Police Department at 623-333-7001 or silent witness at 480-WITNESS.

More: http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/05/avondale_infant_--_missing_sin.php

Avondale police still seek girl taken as baby from swap meet

Dark hair. Brown eyes. A heart-shaped birthmark.

Avondale police have almost no other way of knowing what Jacqueline Vasquez may look like.

On May 6, 2001, she was taken from an Avondale swap meet; she was 4 months old.

Nearly 10 years later, police haven’t stopped looking for the missing girl. Some think she may still be alive.

More: http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-ne...still-seek-girl-taken-as-baby-from-swap-meet/

Jacqueline Vasquez
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avondale Police Department (Arizona) 1-623-333-7001

http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/jacqueline-vasquez.html
Circumstances: Jacqueline was last seen on May 6, 2001 at the Swap Meet located on 123rd Avenue and Buckeye Road in Avondale, Arizona. Jacqueline’s mother was helping her older child in a Porta-John and left the baby outside of the stall. When she exited, the baby was gone. Jacqueline's photo is shown age-progressed to 6 years by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Bumping. This case really bothers me.

Does anyone know if anyone saw the baby at the swap meet that day? Are police positive she made it there?

Jacqueline would be 17 now. She will turn 18 in January 2019.

I am hopeful that this means that Jacqueline is coming to an age where she will discover for herself that she is living under a false identity, just as Kamiyah Mobley did.

In May 2001 Nayeli's mother took the children to a swap meet. Nayeli's mother took Jacqueline's sister into a port-a-potty and left Jacqueline in a carrier just outside the door. Moments later -- the baby was gone. Jacqueline was three months old.

Jacqueline has a heart-shaped birthmark on her arm. It's unclear what that may look like today, but it's one of the defining features first reported when she went missing.

Missing infant's family still holds out hope, 17 years later

jacqueline_1540478632970_101362710_ver1.0_640_480.PNG

Bumping up as there had been no discussion since 2018. This case has stuck with me since reading about it a few years ago. I assume by now the family has done DNA tests at Ancestry / 23andMe etc. and maybe someday she will too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back