UNSOLVED AZ - Kingman, Colorado River, WhtFem, Feb'54

savemebarry

Reaction score
If this is formatted incorrectly I'll delete it.

There's seriously nothing to go on for this one. The historical newspaper archives that I found only go to the twenties. Does anyone have any ideas for this lady?

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=22536440&df=all&

I'm not sure what else I need to put. They didn't estimate anything on her death certificate all it says is that she was found on February 11, 1954 in the Colorado River. Her cause of death was unknown and she was buried in the Mountainview Cemetery in Kingman, Arizona.

Her death certificate doesn't have much to go off of at all, which is unfortunate. It states that she was a white female. It doesn't specify what her cause of death was.

I know it. It's so unfortunate. That's why I brought it here. I was hoping a collaborative effort might be what it needs. Then I was looking and saw there were quite a few Jane Doe's in that cemetery and I believe it's kind of a small place as is the town it's in. I find that sort of eerie.

I notice that her death certificate says "part of body" and while it doesn't specify what part, I'm guessing it wasn't enough to provide much more info. I also see that she was found "near Topock." Which appears to had pretty close to the CA border.

I hadn't noticed that FiveFelines. It's weird you'd think a news story would be easy to find. I'm going to have to look at see if there are any other towns along the Colorado River that have similar Jane Does in that time frame.

Bumping this one up. It seems to me that a body (or any part of one) found in the river in February 1954 would indicate that death occurred in 1953 or 1954.

Refreshing the thread...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back