PA - LaToyia Figueroa, 24, pregnant, Philadelphia, 18 July 2005

babydust2004

Reaction score
Missing Pregnant Woman

Jul 22, 2005 4:17 pm US/Eastern
PHILADELPHIA
(KYW) Philadelphia Police are searching for a pregnant 24-year-old woman who has been missing since Monday. She was last seen at 59th and Walton Streets in Southwest Philadelphia.

LaToyia Figueroa reportedly took the day off from work Monday to spend time with her child’s father. She has not been seen or heard from since.

”That’s my first child. That’s my first born,” stated Melvin Figueroa.

Figueroa says his daughter would never go such a long period of time without seeing or speaking to her seven-year-old daughter.

He told CBS 3’s Anne-Marie Green that LaToyia was jumped last week. Figueroa believes she was targeted because the suspect kicked her in the stomach and fears something worse has happened to her this time.

She is five-months pregnant and has two tattoos – an angel on her right wrist and another with her daughter’s name.

If you have any information, call police.

http://kyw.com/Local%20News/local_story_203161837.html

Oh geez, another one. I'm thinking a prior girlfriend of the baby's father might be involved. Sounds as if someone didn't want her to have that baby.

I sure hope this case has a different outcome than what we've seen lately.

Police seek leads on missing pregnant woman
Family says she never would have left first child behind

By LEAH M. ZERBE
zerbel@phillynews.com
Posted on Sat, Jul. 23, 2005

LaToyia Figueroa is gone, and it seems without a trace.

The 24-year-old mother-to-be hasn't been seen since Monday, and friends and family said she would never leave her 7-year-old daughter behind like this.

The bright-faced woman is 5 months pregnant with her second child, and those close to her are beginning to fear the worst.

The news that's most discouraging to them came from police.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/brea...ws/12204521.htm

EDITED DUE TO COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS

Very pretty girl. Actually I did hear about this the other day - I believe it was here in WS somewhere. Maybe we will hear more....

My thoughts and prayers are with Latoyia and her family. She is such a beautiful woman. And her poor 7 year old daughter...

Here's wishing for her safe return.

So what as to what color she is. She's missing!!! Sending more prayers out for her that she is found safe. She needs to be reunited w/ her daughter.

Prayers for LaToyia and her family for a safe return!!!

It just never stops does it?? Another pregnant woman missing. I wish the article would have given a little more info. Anyone know anymore then what info was given? I wonder if she has a husband, ex-husband, boyfriend, ex-boyfriend...someone who might have wanted her gone?

It doesn't sound good because of her little girl waiting for her to come home. Her family says that she is a good mom and wouldn't just leave her daughter.
I hope they are checking out the males in her life. Hopefully this time we will have a happy ending.

Her name starts with an L too. :furious:

luthersmama said:
You probably won't catch this one on CNN or Fox.

I just heard about LaToyia on CNN's Daybreak with Carol and Chad. Checked it out on google and came to bring this link here, not knowing it was already posted.

http://kyw.com/news/local_story_203161837.html

Praying LaToyia is found safely. But, I have a stinkin' hunch about this one. :(

This one seems pretty solveable.

Sad story. Prayers for the daughter and her future.

I hope LE is looking at the 'usual suspects.' :(

She was jumped a week earlier and they specifically kicked her in the stomach! :eek: ..........

JMHO
fran

One article states she was robbed recently. Another article said she was viciously attacked and kicked in the stomach. Come on!!! This is ridiculous! Was it the same person? Did it happen at the same time? What do/does the police report(s) say? Did she know the person? There is so little info they're giving and inconsistently at that!! :banghead:

It seems a little odd that her boyfriend didn't want to be identified. I guess there are people who just like to live anonymously . . . or maybe he's on probation or something and wants to lay low under the radar, but . . . it just seems like it's kind of odd. Here his girlfriend and his baby are missing and he doesn't want to be identified. Hm.

I was just coming here to make a thread for this story and found one already made. I did see a brief item on this on CNN this morning and now this web article:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/27/Philadelphia.missing/index.html

Too bad it took 9 days to bring this young woman's plight into the public eye.

The story says that she was last seen leaving for a doctor's apointment with a male friend. It does not say if she ever made it to the doctor's office nor what the male friend has to say about her/their activities that day. Is her her boyfriend? The father of the baby?

The CNN article says nothing a bout a beating so I will read the other articles to see what I missed.

Cypros - the article I read on CNN states that she was robbed in April but the police don't believe there is a connection.

Also, she did make it to the doctor's office for her appointment, and left there to go back to the boyfriend's house. He states she left there between 3 and 3:30 p.m. and that's the end of anything they know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back