Found Deceased GA - Larry Bolen, 62, Douglasville, 8 May 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Larry Bolen
635671228380324151-MISSING.JPG

Authorities seek missing Douglas County teacher
DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. – Authorities in Douglas County are searching for a school teacher last seen on Friday.

According to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Larry Bolen was last seen at his home in Douglasville Friday. He is driving a green 1993 Oldsmobile Silhouette minivan with license plate PJT8801.

Bolen is a well-known face in the Douglas School System - having been employed there for 30 years.

He's been at Alexander High School for six years and spend the previous 24 years at Lithia Springs.
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...5/13/missing-douglas-county-teacher/27244075/

Larry Bolen never showed up to work Monday at Alexander High School. He's a British Literature teacher who is supposed to retire at the end of the school year. Jonathan says his father had mixed emotions about leaving the profession and the students he loves.

He says he is not sure if his father is in danger or just under stress, but he is worried because he doesn't have the heart meds he is supposed to take daily.

Larry, come back home! You can change your mind about retirement. Schools need dedicated and caring teachers like you!

Missing teacher's van found in Douglasville park

After seven days there is a development in the search for a missing Douglas County High School Teacher. Larry Bolen's van has been found.

The 1992 Oldsmobile Silhouette was found by a security guard in Hunter Memorial Park in Douglasville on Gurley Road. Douglas County Sheriff investigators believe the van has been in the park since the day he was last seen by his family.

"We processed the van, we've looked through it, and there's nothing to indicate any foul play or anything," said Lt. Glenn Daniel. But after an exhaustive search of the park, Larry Bolen is still missing.

Douglas County enlisted the help of Alpha Team K9 Search and Rescue, a not for profit group, who used cadaver dogs to search the 83 acre park. About 20 percent of the park is wooded area.

Following the search, Douglas County Investigators were convinced Larry Bolen was not in the park.

John Bolen, the teacher's son, said he had no idea why his father would have come park. He said his younger brother used to play ball there, but that was years ago.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...ssing-teacher-alexander-high-school/27411303/

They found his van at a park. No sign of him though. We all know how those "exhaustive searches" can be.

Better search the park again folks, he's bound to be right there somewhere.

I used to live right in this area and would've gone to Lithia Springs High if we hadn't moved. Just my impression but for the area, such a passionate and dedicated teacher is rare indeed. I'm going to be checking on this one frequently - I really really hope he's just clearing his head somewhere!

I'm very local (Douglasville), and am so afraid of the outcome here. I wish we knew more about him. His son said that he had left before. Why?

I'm also a faculty wife, and I know how stressful it can be for teachers.

Please come home, Larry.

BBM
Hunter Park, headquarters for the Douglasville Parks and Recreation Department is an 83 acre park located at 8830 Gurley Road, just off Highway 5 in Douglasville. The newly renovated athletic complex includes seven ALTA certified tennis courts, ten multi-purpose ball fields, a Miracle League ball field and twelve major league batting cages. Renovations also included over 650 parking spaces and over 1 ½ miles of sidewalks for walking and jogging. In addition, Hunter Park features a 16,000 square foot community center and covered playground; a five-acre lake surrounded by a walking track and several picnic areas. Hunter Park is host to many festivals, sports activities and recreational events.

Link to Hunter Park Info
http://www.ci.douglasville.ga.us/index.aspx?nid=362

Link to Google Map
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hunter+Memorial+Park/@33.739763,-84.7704781,48m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x88f52628ef31e7ef:0x721817d55647be40!6m1!1e1

I wonder if anyone looked UP while performing an "exhaustive search" of the wooded areas. I'm remembering another MP case where the search was exhaustive and weeks later the MP was founding hanging in a tree in the area that had been searched - no one looked up. While I sincerely hope this is not the case with Mr. Bolen, I hope the search would include that possibility. Also, there is a lake within this park....yet another source of concern. Sure wish we knew whether he visited this park often or would perhaps swim there? Perhaps a medical issue while swimming?

still missing: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/still-no-sign-of-missing-douglas-county-teacher/nmKWK/

It was a Saturday morning, and Bolen left home in his minivan and had breakfast at Chick-fil-A, his son said. James Bolen said he’s checked his dad’s bank account for any activity, but that breakfast, likely a biscuit and coffee, was the last purchase.

Late last week, Bolen’s minivan was found parked at Hunter Park, a park where James played baseball as a boy. But there was no sign of his father, and searches of the area haven’t yielded clues for detectives.

Volunteers search for missing Douglas Co. teacher on horseback
Posted: May 26, 2015 4:28 PM CDT

Teams of volunteers on horses scoured the woods Tuesday to look for any sign of a missing man.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office called in West Georgia Mounted Search and Rescue to help expand the search for Larry Bolen, 62, of Douglasville. Bolen has not been seen since May 8.

"We can cover a lot more area on horseback than we can by using deputies and investigators to try to search the area," explained Lt. Glenn Daniel.

The search area surrounds Hunter Park off Highway 5. Investigators recovered Bolen's Oldsmobile minivan inside the park on May 14. They found no signs of foul play in the vehicle.

That small lead remains the only avenue for investigators, which is why they decided to bring in additional help.

At least they're making an effort to find him, gotta' give 'em that.

Interesting that the 24 year old son has access so quickly and can monitor his dad's checking account activity. Does he share a joint account with dad? I have college kids that still live with me, but they could not go online and access my household accounts. I can see the bank giving LE the info. But the son sounded like he accessed that info on his own. Interesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back