WV WV - Jaleayah Davis, 20, Parkersburg, 19 November 2011

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Jaleayah's death has been ruled an accident. Her family has disputed the ruling due to questionable circumstances.

What say you? (Beware, the details of the accident are horrific and heartwrenching.)
UPDATE: 3/21/2013
It's been over a year, and now the case is closed. Officials are releasing what happened to Jaleayah Davis.
The autopsy results came back last week, after being reviewed by the State Medical Examiners Office. Wood County Sheriff's deputies and the prosecutor spoke with the family Thursday, before releasing the results to us.
It took more than a year.
This is the official explanation closing the Jaleayah Davis case:
"Following a lengthy investigation it was concluded by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner of the State of West Virginia that Ms. Davis died as a result of multiple catastrophic injuries sustained as an unrestrained driver of a car that lost control and struck a guardrail post on Interstate 77," says Wood County Sheriff Office Chief Shawn Graham.
That's how investigators say Jaleayah Davis died in November 2011.

UPDATE: 11/19/2011 8:38 PM
According to Wood County Sheriff's Office, Sergeant B.A. Pickens, the Marietta resident and female killed, was struck by a vehicle and sustained multiple traumatic injuries.
He adds that the females car was found against the guardrail north of where her body was located.
Deputies and detectives have been working around the clock to put the pieces together in the crash that is being investigated as suspicious in nature.
Interstate 77 was closed for about 5 hours Saturday morning.
The accident is still under investigation.
According to Wood County Sheriff Jeff Sandy, deputies arrived around 4:00 am to the scene of an accident around mile marker 181.
One female is confirmed dead, but her name is not being released until the family is notified.
The Wood County Crash Team is currently conducting an investigation into the cause of the accident.

http://www.thenewscenter.tv/home/headlines/Fatal_Accident_on_77__134178733.html

Much more at the link

Snipped from Jaleayah's mother's posts on the FB page Justice for Jaleayah This post continues on the FB page where you can find photos and documents added by Jaleayah's mother.

Names have been snipped to initials.

On November 19, 2011, my daughter Jaleayah Davis left our home at approximately 5 p.m. She had intentions to spend the night with a friend of two or three months, KB. Through the night, Jaleayah was texting friends, my other daughter Taubi, as well as myself. Jaleayah was in the company of KB, JC FS and KN. At 3:28 a.m., my daughter Taubi received a call from Jaleayah, asking her to come meet her, pick her up at a gas station on the corner of Rosemar Rd and Emerson Ave. During this call, Taubi heard her ask/tell KB to "give me my keys".

Taubi could also hear Kristins voice in the background. At 3:33, Jaleayah called Taubi again, changing the location to meet her to the rest stop off of the interstate and the Williamstown exit. At that point, Jaleayah indicated she was on the interstate. During this conversation, Jaleayah began crying, described as hysterical. She was cursing and calling K names. Taubi asked Jaleayah what was wrong and Jaleayah responded, "I will tell you when I get there. At 3:48 a.m., the first 911 call was made from a truck driver who discovered my daughters body in the passing lane of the interstate. She was discovered naked from the waist up. One leg broken in half, her right breast missing, and she was decapitated.
https://www.facebook.com/justiceforjaleayah/posts/926377104051284
Today, was very difficult as I had to look through numerous disks to find particular photos that show facts that go against what the sheriff's depart said in their final report. Finding these photos was easy enough, as the explanation they gave me as to what happened to my daughter, is physically impossible and goes against all of the evidence they had in their possession. There is more than one photo that will show a sheet on the ground. I want to assure you, that IS NOT, I repeat, IS NOT my daughters body. Yes, it is something that was covered do to the nature of what it was and the blood. But it was not my daughters body.

Photos and an explanation of each at this link: https://www.facebook.com/justiceforjaleayah/posts/939983522690642

Jaleayah Davis.jpg

Jaleayah Davis was killed on I-77 in Parkersburg, WV on 11/19/11. Something happened that evening while she was out with “friends”. Jaleayah was very upset during a phone call with her sister and they arranged to meet at the rest stop off the Williamstown exit. When Jaleayah didn't show up her sister came upon the horrific scene of Jaleayah's death. The sheriff dept deemed the scene suspicious right from the beginning. However, their handling of the case leaves many people very confused. The case was closed as an accident. Jaleayah's mom is not giving up her fight for justice! She obtained the investigation reports and has posted many pics of the reports that support her fight. I've read through these reports and I've read the official statement closing the case as an accident. The explanation given to the family makes no sense and defies the law of physics!

To start, here is a pic of a search warrant issued on 11/20/11 for Jaleayah's cell phone:

https://www.facebook.com/justicefor...0.1432306124./840215316000797/?type=3&theater

I'm working on summarizing the official explanation so it can be compared to the investigation reports. On the Justice for Jaleayah FB page the mom has posted pics of the scene and official police documents. **WARNING** Very graphic and heartbreaking
https://www.facebook.com/justiceforjaleayah?fref=ts

On November 19th, 2011 Jaleayah Davis went out with friends and had plans to stay the night with KB. However, they had an argument that evening and Jaleayah called her sister to meet her at a rest stop. Jaleayah never showed up so her sister went looking for her. What her sister found has changed her family's life forever. Taubi came upon a car crash and her sister had passed away.

The police immediately deemed the crash suspicious. However, the explanation given to the family over a year later leaves a lot of questions.

According to the police Jaleayah's car crashed into the guardrail. The force of the impact threw Jaleayah sideways so hard she busted through the PASSENGER side window even though her air bag deployed. Common sense tells you if this was true then her momentum would have sent her OVER the guardrail. Instead, they claim she was somehow between the car and guardrail. There was brain matter on the guardrail posts. They next claim she somehow catapulted up, went end over end, hit the hood and landed on the trunk. This was their explanation for her blood on the trunk of her car. She then continued moving and ended up in the passing lane of the interstate and somehow ended up 2/10th of a mile behind her car! She was then hit by an 18 wheeler.

How does she go out the passenger side window but then bounce off the hood of her car?

On so many of the cases I've followed on WS we always wish we had more info from police. With Jaleayah's case her mom has copies of the investigation papers, lab results, scene photos, interviews, etc. Please take a moment and visit the justice page and see what you think of the final conclusion from LE. It makes no sense to me!

I'd expect her car to have more damage if she hit hard enough to be ejected through a closed passenger side window
https://www.facebook.com/justicefor...0.1434380913./939980859357575/?type=3&theater
jaleayah's car.jpg

YES!! Hopefully Jaleayah's mom is one step closer to getting justice for her daughter! I'm familiar with or know of several of the key people in Jaleayah's story. I have been appalled and disappointed with the conduct of the young adults and their parents, the police detectives and the prosecuting attorney after Jaleayah's death. The family was treated terrible by the police and taunted by "friends" of Jaleayah! With Jaleayah's story getting national attention I hope there are some very nervous people! It is way past time for people to be held accountable for their actions on the night Jaleayah was killed and how the investigation was handled!

https://www.facebook.com/justiceforjaleayah/posts/1059565657399094

This IS good news! So glad to hear of progress in this case. God bless Jaleayah's mom for her determination.

I am so excited for Jaleayah's family! Today her story is getting national coverage on TV! I am not sure I can post the link but her mom has been keeping us updated! Hopefully, all this exposure will put some pressure on our local police!

Yes, that podcast is very good! I've heard new information! I wish more people would study the case files the mom posted on the Justice for Jaleayah page. Nothing makes sense with the final explanation given by the police in MHO

I just finished watching this case on ID's "Still a Mystery", and I just can't wrap my head around the police explanation. I just can't visualize a person being thrown from the driver's side through the passenger window, flip backwards and upwards to land on the roof the car—leaving no blood, as per the episode—and then landing on the trunk and finally the ground.

At the same time, though, I also can't see her "friends" decapitating her and basically amputating her right breast in less than 15 minutes. They were having an argument, but that seems like overkill in my opinion. How do you go from being friends one moment and bodily mutilation the next?

Is it possible Jaleayah was driving alone, being chased by her friends? The investigation said it looked like no one was in the passenger side because it had her belongings on the seat. If someone else had been driving her car, I can't believe they would've left no fingerprints, or taken the time to wipe them.

Then because she was drunk (as per the autopsy), she crashed into the guardrail (even though the father says he found no marks)? The friends pull over and Jaleayah is either unconscious or dead on the road. The friends then hear a vehicle coming, they panic and high-tail it out of there. The vehicle ends up being a truck that runs her over, causing the rest of the injuries.

Yes, that podcast is very good! I've heard new information! I wish more people would study the case files the mom posted on the Justice for Jaleayah page. Nothing makes sense with the final explanation given by the police in MHO

I agree, I want to keep bumping this threat to get some discussion going. I feel like the posters here really could make sense of all that doesn't make sense.

I have a few scenarios playing out in my head, the main one being she was being chased/followed, and she was driven off the road or pulled over. She was then pulled from her car, and beat up, with her head being smashed against the guard rail killing her. They paniced and undressed her partially, maybe to make it look like an assault? Then dragged her body onto the road and put her car into driver, locked the doors and it drove into the guard rail.

I agree, I want to keep bumping this threat to get some discussion going. I feel like the posters here really could make sense of all that doesn't make sense.

I have a few scenarios playing out in my head, the main one being she was being chased/followed, and she was driven off the road or pulled over. She was then pulled from her car, and beat up, with her head being smashed against the guard rail killing her. They paniced and undressed her partially, maybe to make it look like an assault? Then dragged her body onto the road and put her car into driver, locked the doors and it drove into the guard rail.
Yes, when I started this thread I was hoping some people would help make sense of this nonsense our local police gave for an explanation! The unique thing is many of the police reports and interviews are available for us to read! Her mom has copies of the investigation file and has posted many pictures! I’ll find some of the links! Her mom has worked tirelessly to bring attention for Jaleayah! I’ll let her know about this thread and I’m sure she would appreciate any help!

There's a lot to look at, in this case. The investigation was done by local police, as far as I can tell, with their own accident reconstruction team.

I've read the deposition transcripts and looked at the pictures posted by Jaleayah's mom. Breaking the events down into puzzles, the clothing issue has been unexplained by police (who themselves seem puzzled by many elements of this case).

Basically, the case closed when police concluded that Jaleayah's car struck the guard rail (on the right side of the highway), airbag deployed, she somehow went out the passenger side window during which ejection the clothes from her upper body were ripped off.

These clothes ended up mostly intact (the hood from the jacket was torn off and found elsewhere - apparently near her head). This part of the story is the decapitation event, btw.

Now, the guardrail is lower than the window of the car. It appears that she was not fully ejected directly into the guardrail, because her body "flips" (see deposition) or "spins" up onto the top of the car, where there is considerable blood, then hits the back of the car and is deposited on the road behind the car, as the car continues down the interstate.

The clothes end up snagged atop a guardrail post (but not the post, apparently, that is responsible for Jaleayah's death).

The jacket is on top, her tank top and bra are still underneath the jacket (so all three items came off together, but the sleeves of the jacket are still right side out).

I dunno. I think it requires one of two explanations: the guardrail post somehow scraped up under all the clothing on her upper body (without said clothing ripping beyond the rip to the hood) and snagged the clothing (but the arms of the jacket...how do we explain that?)

Simplest explanation is that someone moved the clothing before the police arrived and before pictures were taken.

So we'd then have a high speed accident in which a fairly petite driver was ejected through the passenger side window (leaving no blood on the window according to the deposition of the police officers, and they seem puzzled by it, putting it into the "Now we've seen everything! Who could have thought that was possible!" category).

She's ejected far enough for her head to strike a guard rail post and with enough speed that rapidly, she rag-dolls up over the car (perhaps in a kind of cartwheel) and that explains the disposition of the body parts. This is the police's view on what happened (apparently, many missing parts to the story).

So she's driving fast down the interstate, hits a kind of glancing blow on the guardrail, airbags deploy, she's apparently leaning toward the passenger side, perhaps searching for something (dome light is on, maybe it's her phone, she's drunk, phone is actually in driver's side door? maybe she's thinking about playing a CD?), she gets ejected (trajectory determined by the airbag?).

I haven't seen the autopsy report and if it is buried somewhere on the FB page, and you come across it, please bump the thread here and give a date. This is such a confusing case.

Now, the guardrail is lower than the window of the car. It appears that she was not fully ejected directly into the guardrail, because her body "flips" (see deposition) or "spins" up onto the top of the car, where there is considerable blood, then hits the back of the car and is deposited on the road behind the car, as the car continues down the interstate.

BBM.

The Justice for Jaleayah FB page has Deputy Pickens' statement, which confirms the blood: "Jaleayah is actually riding on top of the car. Whether she was rolling, flipping, spinning, she is doing that; and she is losing a lot of blood as she is doing this."

But I thought that no blood was found on the car.

There is so much misinformation in this case!

BBM.

The Justice for Jaleayah FB page has Deputy Pickens' statement, which confirms the blood: "Jaleayah is actually riding on top of the car. Whether she was rolling, flipping, spinning, she is doing that; and she is losing a lot of blood as she is doing this."

There are photos of the trunk with blood on the FB page. Let's not forget the hood of her jacket which was soaked in blood and found elsewhere on the highway.

BBM.

Even with the blood on top and on the trunk/back of the car, in all of the info I've read and heard about this case nobody has any explanation for how there is no blood found on the passengers window/glass shards from the window, interior or exterior of the door, etc. If someone was halfway ejected from that window, which she had to have only been partially ejected at some point to have hit her head along several posts as stated in their version of events, one would expect to see some amount of blood in those areas. Nor have they given any kind of explanation (plausible or otherwise) for how her bloody clothing was found hung from the guardrail in backwards order of how it would have been taken off. Not only would that be impossible under any circumstance, but fact that they are very clearly not torn or damaged as if they had been ripped off of her during the incident is even more proof that their version is absolutely insane and defies any and all logic.

I had just recently started listening to the podcast, only a few episodes in. After reading Jaleayah's Mum's post on 6 December on the Justice for Jaleayah Facebook page, as well as seeing a screenshot of a quote the podcaster made in the comments, I'm to say the least disgusted in this podcaster. Won't be listening to another one now. Uurgh!

Bumping for attention.

I had seen the ID show on Jaleayah Davis and her ‘accident’/murder a while back. I’ve recently started following the Facebook page that Jaleayah’s mom started. The police closed the case but there’s SO MANY unanswered questions!!! Jaleayah’ mom (Kim Davis) has been posting daily pages and pictures from the botched police investigation. She needs all the help & prayers we can give her and her family.

I don’t post a lot, but this family has really gotten to me. They deserve better answers than the police gave them. The explanation they gave makes NO SENSE. The Facebook page is Justice For Jaleayah.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back