Error message re: Selected posts/quotes

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
No; but I was just told this:

You have selected 2 posts that are not part of this thread. Quote these posts as well, or deselect these posts.
I'd selected no posts whatsoever and was in the act of reviewing a post I'd just written at the time.

You get that message if you use the multi-quote button and then surf over to another thread without replying.

You get that message if you use the multi-quote button and then surf over to another thread without replying.
I don't use the multi-quote button. In fact, I wasn't quoting anything.

Dave, this is a glitch I've noticed. Is not the same situation that WFG is reporting, but...if I use the multi-quote function, AND I reply to the multi-quotes, the next time I quote a post -- in ANY thread -- the posts selected previously appear in my posts.

In other words, previously, once I replied to multi-posts, those posts/quotes were "released". Now, they are "stuck", and continue to appear in any post where I "quote" unless I physically go back and de-select them.

Hope that makes sense.

I don't use the multi-quote button. In fact, I wasn't quoting anything.

No; but I was just told this:

I'd selected no posts whatsoever and was in the act of reviewing a post I'd just written at the time.

In this post, I selected ONLY post #1 as a quote. Posts number 2 and 3 still appear as "quoted posts".

To undo that, I will have to physically "deselect" posts # 2 and #3 even though I already replied to them in my previous post.

ETA: Note the check mark in the multi-quote button even though I've "quoted" the posts twice.

m9uwDQI.jpg

My apologies to WFG. Did not mean to hijack the thread with a different issue, but seems they might be related.

Bessie, that is a known problem on VB. It was solved at one time but has come back in later versions again. At this time it is not being worked on by VB.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back