AZ AZ - Pima Co., Partial Skull UP10220, 10-17, near Mt Lemmon, Aug'92

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs UP # 10220

Unidentified - Partial Cranium - UnkRace, UnkGender
Found August 03, 1992, 3 miles South of Marshall Gulch, Summerhaven (Pima County), Arizona

Approx Age: 10 to 17 years
Weight (pounds) Unknown
Height (inches) Unknown

Notes on body parts recovered
Body condition: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death 1980 to 1989

Circumstances

Partial cranial vault found by hiker

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Not Available
Dental: Not Available
DNA: Complete - Insufficient DNA for profiling

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of August 17, 2023>

Last edited by a moderator:
With no way to identify the partial skull, this one may never be identified.

But I am thinking that Randy Doyle Parscale Jr. looks to be a pretty good possible for this one.

1692293080931.png

His Age fits. He was last seen hiking only about 20 miles from where these remains were found by hikers.

The skull was estimated to have been there for about 10 years. He was LKA 13 years prior.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, I think the hiking aspect is a pretty close bet. Someone who is lost could easily walk in one way for twenty miles before they died of thirst or hunger.

Estimated PMI for this child found in Summerhaven, Pima Co is 1980 - 89 (found 1992) so a relatively modern death. So sad for someone missing their child.

D'ya know I think you may be onto something. UP17112 was partial skeletal (doesn't mention if a skull/partial skull was found). Also animals could have relocated parts. Do you feel inclined to turn it in?

My english is bad, turn you this! ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back