GA - Woman tells Wendy's workers she's been kidnapped

luckyseven

Reaction score
Apologies if this is not the right location for this post - I'm not sure where it fits best.

Woman tells Wendy's workers she's been kidnapped
6:12 p.m. Monday, May 25, 2015

Police are looking for a woman who walked into a northeast Atlanta fast food restaurant, claimed she's been kidnapped, then disappeared with her apparent abductor.

She asked for a blank piece of paper and wrote that she's being held against her will and needed help, police said.

Police say the vehicle is a white 1997 Ford Ranger with Georgia tag AZR1028. The man behind the wheel had long hair and was wearing a green shirt.

More details at the link.

OH NOOOOO. I hope he didnt see her pass the note!

Why would she not lock write the note or tell someone, walk into the restroom and lock the door until the police came?

Sounds fishy to me. What kidnapper is going to let her go to the counter inside? And why not just plant herself right there while they call police? He could not do much if she did.

I agree - there are definitely some questionable elements to the story, but I could also imagine a scenario in which she was greatly threatened by this man and, in her panic, willing to comply to a certain degree.

Why would she not lock write the note or tell someone, walk into the restroom and lock the door until the police came?

Sometimes. in crazy situations like this, the kidnappers tell very scary stories to prevent her from doing that. Like he'd say: you have one minute in the toilet, after that I will start shooting through the door OR after on eminute, I will drive to your moms and kill your little sisters. ALL KINDS of horrible threats are used. So it is scary to go against the monster.

If she did anything defiant in front of him, he could go berserk. But she might be thinking that if she complied, and then the cops tried to pull them over, it would not be seen as HER fault. JMO

I wonder why she asked for a piece of paper instead of just telling the person that she was kidnapped. Maybe she wrote down the license plate number?

Sounds fishy to me. What kidnapper is going to let her go to the counter inside? And why not just plant herself right there while they call police? He could not do much if she did.

A kidnapper who has someone else at gunpoint? A child perhaps? That's all I can figure.

More details revealed in this MSM article. I'm just gonna snip out the new bits, so apologies if it doesn't read well.

Police: Woman hands note to Wendy's clerk, 'I'm being held against my will'
Posted: 12:59 a.m. EDT May 26, 2015

According to police, just before noon on Monday, a woman they describe as Hispanic or biracial, wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans, got out of the pickup and walked into the Wendy's, and walked up to the counter, and then "Asked for a sheet of paper, where she wrote on the piece of paper that I need help, I'm being held against my will," said Atlanta Police Lt. Charles Hampton.

"I believe the driver of the pickup truck ordered food at the drive-thru, and then she came in to use the restroom, and I believe at that time, that's when she saw an opportunity to elicit help from authorities."

A clerk wrote down the tag, it's a Georgia tag from Rockdale County, AZR 1028.

Detectives are checking across Georgia and beyond to see if any missing persons reports match the vague description they have of the woman.

Lt. also mentions that LE has gone to the address associated with the plate number but he doesn't have any further info available. He hopes to have securi

I lean toward this being a hoax, for two reasons. 1. It seems to me that the woman wanted to leave the note, so the police would be called after she had already left with the man. Rather then just telling the employees to call the police and lock the door or something. In which case it would have been over right then. 2. I believe the police think the same thing. If they really believed that she was in danger, then they would not publicize it this way.

Had happened before numerous times. Kidnappers sometimes allow their victims into public places.

How frightening. I wish she had got the staff to call 911 there and then.
There's no way I would have gone back to the car.

I understand he may have threatened her if she told, but I'd have to take my chances.
I'd rather he killed me there, than took me away someone first. :(

Hoping LE can trace them.

Police are looking for a woman who walked into a northeast Atlanta fast food restaurant, claimed she's been kidnapped, then disappeared with her apparent abductor.

Investigators say the woman entered a Wendy's restaurant on Piedmont Road in northeast Atlanta just before noon on Monday.

She asked for a blank piece of paper and wrote that she's being held against her will and needed help, police said.

http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-tells-wendys-workers-shes-been-kidnapped/nmNcC/

Police say the vehicle is a white 1997 Ford Ranger with Georgia tag AZR1028. The man behind the wheel had long hair and was wearing a green shirt.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back