NC - Violet Cortez, 18 mos, beaten to death, Fayetteville, 29 Jan 2015 *Arrests*

kimi_SFC

Reaction score
May 20, 2015: FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- A Fayetteville couple charged with murdering the mother's 18-month-old child was arrested Wednesday evening in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Authorities were searching for Vanessa Sanchez, 20, and her fiance 21-year-old Andrew Tyler Tomczak of 528 Lambert Street. Both are facing first-degree murder and child abuse inflicting serious injury charges in the death of 18-month-old Violet Cortez.

An autopsy from the North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner released Tuesday shows the baby died of "non-accidental head injuries January 29.

At the time, Fayetteville authorities said her parents called 911 after she was found unresponsive in the couple's Haymount apartment.

The autopsy report obtained by ABC 11 this week shows the 18-month-old child was brutally assaulted, and died of a head injury due to multiple blunt force impacts. She suffered from severe bleeding, and the report also indicates the baby's private parts were cut and bruised.

Embedded video & MuchMore@Link
http://7online.com/733143/ via @ABC7NY

:tears:
:floating:
:rose:

Rest In Peace, Baby Violet....
:angel:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

......."cut and bruised"........

no excuses for that at all -- that poor baby.....and what is most unfortunate is that the father's family would have happily taken her given that the mother did not want the responsibility.

Image of the victim, Violet Sky Cortez:
18a85b0a5e5c5eb9b0e83a8eda3661c2.jpg

via embedded video
http://7online.com/733143/

I was able to capture the following images from the same video, but almost wish I hadn't.
She suffered tremendously.
cae62b21d44a925f851d31cce80cd3d6.jpg

4b243cefc9ae508b7b1d479718e3cfe1.jpg

The world NEEDS TO KNOW what her own mother and the boyfriend did to her (or allowed to be done to her). To hurt a baby this way is evil and monstrous.
:eek:verreaction:
#JusticeForBabyViolet

I am beside myself at the moment. My heart is literally racing, and aching at the same time.
I moved Heaven and earth to save my girls from our monster. Then, I chose to stay alone in order to NEVER make that mistake again.

NO ONE should ever be more important than your child(ren)! If you can't be bothered to love them, you don't deserve to be have them, and carry the title of "Mom." I'm certain there would've been SO many loving families (not to mention childless couples) who would have given anything for a BabyGirl like Violet! Just look at her picture! :tears:

There is no penalty severe enough for these two :censored: :censored: I will say that I'm beyond thankful they're in custody. I'm off to research this case - even though I know it will crush my soul. I hear whispers of Baby Ellorah, and Little Omaree.

She was only 18 months old. Think about that. She hadn't lived to see the earth revolve around the sun twice (barely one and a half times). At that young of an age - just a toddler - all she wanted was to be loved...

Rant over....

Fayetteville couple accused of killing their toddler Violet Cortez arrested | Daily Mail Online
81376788e2078baae6664e2cba847284.jpg

3b82b8c5bf5decbf16d1d9c2c8deaca2.jpg

[...]
Violet's distraught aunt, Alcelyn Cortez, revealed to ABC11 that Sanchez had told them she didn't want the little girl - but never handed Violet back to her father's family.

'We were begging for her to come to us. If she didn't want her, she didn't have to have her. Her mentality was she didn't want her but she didn't want my brother to have her,' she said.
:tantrum:
:furious:
[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-physical-sexual-abuse-arrested-Colorado.html

UPDATE: North Carolina couple arrested in El Paso County on murder charges
[...]
2d6dd8e7be13ab9086d6f87cd5cd1094.jpg

3701d79cdee084134e29225ec25ca07d.jpg

According to a 911 phone call in January, Sanchez found her daughter unresponsive in the home she shared with her fiance in North Carolina.
"My daughter. We came in here to check on her. We found her on the floor and she doesn't look like she is breathing," said Sanchez in the call.
Sanchez was questioned by police in North Carolina and released.
[...]
Craig Barron had rented the couple a room for two months. He said Sanchez showed him pictures of Violet and told him the 18-month-old died in Texas.
Barron said he even took Sanchez to a group counseling session for parents who lost children.

"I am thinking that probably her guilty conscience caught up with her," said Barron.
Barron said he never suspected the two were fugitives on the run. But he said looking back, there were subtle signs. He said Tomczak was nervous around police.
"I think he had a feeling that this was going to catch up with him. I am a firm believer in karma. What goes around comes around. You think you can run to another state but it's going to catch up to you, especially a murder rap," said Barron.
Barron was home when police knocked on the door. He said Tomczak told him not to open it, but he did. He said deputies were surrounding the apartment with their guns drawn. He was shocked to find out the two were taken into custody and accused of killing Violet.
[...]
The couple are scheduled to be advised by a judge at 1:30 p.m. at the El Paso County Criminal Justice center. During the advisement, the judge is expected to discuss plans to extradite the couple to North Carolina.
[...]
Embedded video (containing audio of 911 call & interview with Mr. Barron) & More@Link
http://www.krdo.com/news/north-caro...n-colorado-springs-on-murder-charges/33138940
:busted:

Throw the library at them!!!! BBM - if only this crime had occurred in Texas, these two :censored: would be looking at Capital Murder charges FOR SURE! :cow:

Thanks, Kimi, for starting this thread...

The pictures of her that I have seen show that she looks physically healthy -- pink, "fat" little arms & legs, etc. I didn't see that many smiles, but that may not mean anything...

What did they do?? Just bash her head until it was unrecognizable?

I live about 60 miles from Fayetteville, and I had seen this in a small article a little while ago.

Here's a local MSM article, and I apologize if it is a repeat:

Local News

Autopsy: Fayetteville toddler died of 'non-accidental' head injury

Fayetteville, N.C. — A Fayetteville toddler who died in January had severe head injuries and earlier injuries on her body that had healed, prompting authorities to charge her mother and her mother's fiancé on Wednesday with murder.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/autopsy-fayette...tal-head-injury/14660513/#H1iCrJo32KGOIRXf.99

Here's another:

Fayetteville couple charged in death of baby arrested in Colorado

http://abc11.com/news/fayetteville-couple-charged-in-death-of-baby-arrested/732841/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another one, so vicious and cruel.

Dammit.

thank you to both of you, i couldn't even click a link i'm so pissed :furious:

i am so over this and we are on page one and i know i'm preaching to the choir here :grouphug: :tears: it's just unfathomable what these creatures do to these children, check out the case of natalie and her little brother chase in trials......it will make you sick and they have gotten no attention at all, some days i just can hardly stomach looking for the trial updates, but by god i am doing it because i'm determined to finish that thread for them......

thank you kimi for this thread, i know it kills you to put this here, this poor sweet child, oh violet :tears: another one :(
here we go again.................................

UPDATE: North Carolina couple arrested in El Paso County on murder charges
[...]

====> pictures deleted by borndem to save space <====

According to a 911 phone call in January, Sanchez found her daughter unresponsive in the home she shared with her fiance in North Carolina.
"My daughter. We came in here to check on her. We found her on the floor and she doesn't look like she is breathing," said Sanchez in the call.
Sanchez was questioned by police in North Carolina and released.
[...]
Craig Barron had rented the couple a room for two months. He said Sanchez showed him pictures of Violet and told him the 18-month-old died in Texas.
Barron said he even took Sanchez to a group counseling session for parents who lost children.

"I am thinking that probably her guilty conscience caught up with her," said Barron.
Barron said he never suspected the two were fugitives on the run. But he said looking back, there were subtle signs. He said Tomczak was nervous around police.
"I think he had a feeling that this was going to catch up with him. I am a firm believer in karma. What goes around comes around. You think you can run to another state but it's going to catch up to you, especially a murder rap," said Barron.
Barron was home when police knocked on the door. He said Tomczak told him not to open it, but he did. He said deputies were surrounding the apartment with their guns drawn. He was shocked to find out the two were taken into custody and accused of killing Violet.
[...]
The couple are scheduled to be advised by a judge at 1:30 p.m. at the El Paso County Criminal Justice center. During the advisement, the judge is expected to discuss plans to extradite the couple to North Carolina.
[...]
Embedded video (containing audio of 911 call & interview with Mr. Barron) & More@Link
http://www.krdo.com/news/north-caro...n-colorado-springs-on-murder-charges/33138940
:busted:

Throw the library at them!!!! BBM - if only this crime had occurred in Texas, these two :censored: would be looking at Capital Murder charges FOR SURE! :cow:

Oh, yes, my sweet Kimi, we do have the Death Penalty here in NC. I will cite two. There was the case of Shaniya Davis, 5 years old. She was the prettiest little 5 year old I have ever seen (pictures of course) in my life. Period. Her convicted murderer, Mario McNeill, was sentenced to Death in May, 2013.. This case was also in Cumberland County which is where Violet's case will be tried. A good, solid, tuff D.A. and a good judge.

More recently, in another NC county, was the case of Teghan Skiba. The jury convicted Jonathan Richardson of murder, torture, etc., etc., in April, 2014 (he was 24 years old). He, too, sits on Death Row at this moment. This case was the absolute worst case I have seen -- EVER. She was tortured by her mother's boyfriend for 5 or 6 days. Unbelievable. Her mother was out of state on summer camp with her Nat'l Guard (or Army Reserve) group. Her ~mother~ was gone for two weeks, so he just had a good ol' time.

Violet's case is similar, IMO, to the two horrors above, so we'll see. Do not fret.

You may be familiar with one or both of those cases I cited above. Anyway, here are WS links.

Davis case:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...haniya-Davis-5-missing-from-her-home-11-10-09

Skiba case:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ba-4-Smithfield-July-2010-dies-from-torture-1

I'm glad there are still some states that throw the library at baby killers. Today, we saw an old case in VA (1998) where a girl killed her twins she gave birth to in college and she threw their precious bodies down a laundry chute. For years, the sheriff searched for the mother of these babies. He even took flowers to their graves, after making sure they had a proper burial. Her sentence? 8 YEARS...8 YEARS for two newborns...smdh.

the case i cited above, natalie age 4, and her little brother chase, age 3? their "father" was convicted this past winter and received death and right now their "stepmother" is in the penalty phase looking at the death penalty as well.....their trials are/were in alabama....i'm familiar with both of the cases you cited borndem my friend, horrific to be sure and chase and natalie's case rates right up there or worse......and we just shared sweet jersey's trial in arkansas where her killer received death this week (thank god).........ungodly what these creatures will do to children :furious:

so yes, sweet violet, justice is on the way :rose:

I remember Shaniya's case - but lost track of the status. The link you posted was for thread #1 :)tyou: for caring so much borndem :heartluv: ) and I went searching.

I found the most recent thread:

NC - Shaniya Davis 5, Antoniette Davis pleaded guilty to 2nd Degree murder!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224483

ETA: I appreciate everyone who is posting, and reading this thread. I'll be honest, I know cases like Violet's (and Baby Ellorah's, and the list goes into the abyss....) aren't for everyone. But I expected the outrage to be so great, that this thread would have exploded with posts by now.

Thank you for listening to me scream at the top of my digital lungs for justice. :tantrum:

Andrew Tomczak has been in the news before. He was arrested in 2012 for selling "K-3," a synthetic form of marijuana:

CARY -- Cary Police are warning the public about another illegal drug hitting the streets.

It's called "K-3" and it's a synthetic-like marijuana that enables users to get a high.

Cary police said a teen called 911 after getting sick from taking the "K-3" drug.

They arrested 18-year-old Andrew Tomczak for allegedly supplying the synthetic.

http://abclocal.go.com/story?section=news/local&id=8496467

Oh, yes, my sweet Kimi, we do have the Death Penalty here in NC. I will cite two. There was the case of Shaniya Davis, 5 years old. She was the prettiest little 5 year old I have ever seen (pictures of course) in my life. Period. Her convicted murderer, Mario McNeill, was sentenced to Death in May, 2013.. This case was also in Cumberland County which is where Violet's case will be tried. A good, solid, tuff D.A. and a good judge.

More recently, in another NC county, was the case of Teghan Skiba. The jury convicted Jonathan Richardson of murder, torture, etc., etc., in April, 2014 (he was 24 years old). He, too, sits on Death Row at this moment. This case was the absolute worst case I have seen -- EVER. She was tortured by her mother's boyfriend for 5 or 6 days. Unbelievable. Her mother was out of state on summer camp with her Nat'l Guard (or Army Reserve) group. Her ~mother~ was gone for two weeks, so he just had a good ol' time.

Violet's case is similar, IMO, to the two horrors above, so we'll see. Do not fret.

You may be familiar with one or both of those cases I cited above. Anyway, here are WS links.

Davis case:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...haniya-Davis-5-missing-from-her-home-11-10-09

Skiba case:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ba-4-Smithfield-July-2010-dies-from-torture-1

Hi Borndem! I remember Teghan's case well - Jonathan Richardson's trial was the first one I ever followed here at WS. I still think of poor Teghan and what she suffered at the hands of that monster. And I'll never forgive her mother or granny Creech - neither of whom ever had to answer for their non-actions. :mad:

May 20, 2015: FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- A Fayetteville couple charged with murdering the mother's 18-month-old child was arrested Wednesday evening in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Authorities were searching for Vanessa Sanchez, 20, and her fiance 21-year-old Andrew Tyler Tomczak of 528 Lambert Street. Both are facing first-degree murder and child abuse inflicting serious injury charges in the death of 18-month-old Violet Cortez.

An autopsy from the North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner released Tuesday shows the baby died of "non-accidental head injuries January 29.

At the time, Fayetteville authorities said her parents called 911 after she was found unresponsive in the couple's Haymount apartment.

The autopsy report obtained by ABC 11 this week shows the 18-month-old child was brutally assaulted, and died of a head injury due to multiple blunt force impacts. She suffered from severe bleeding, and the report also indicates the baby's private parts were cut and bruised.

http://7online.com/733143/ via @ABC7NY

:tears:

Rest In Peace, Baby Violet....

Oh dear God..........

A little more from the 911 call:

Sanchez/911 Call:"We came in here to come check on her, and we found her on the floor, and she doesn't look like she's breathing. Her face is all bloody ... like she fell off the bed."

Dispatcher:"You need to go to your daughter and see if she's breathing."

Sanchez:"We tried. She's not."

And:

An autopsy revealed baby Violet suffered a lot in her short life. Bruises and cuts were found all over her face, body and private parts--consistent with a history of abuse. A coin--a nickel--had to be pulled from her throat. The cause of death was ruled a non-accidental head injury.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...sed-in-Toddlers-Death-Arrested-304517121.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back