Raven Pleads Guilty To Felony Embezzlement

Moxie

She Was...An American Girl...
Reaction score
Please check media link. Also, go to Channel 11 (ABC) for link to video of Raven in court today. Sorry - cannot get the video to post.

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that Raven seemed to feel eyes boring into the back of his head from many more people than just those in the courtroom?

What a shifty-eyed guy in that video - he always seems to be almost peeking over his shoulder, and his expressions while he's talking about Kaiden at the end of the video seem almost contrived - like he's trying to look like a proud father but grieving husband would. I can't quite put my finger on it but I'm glad we finally have video of Raven (outside of his comfort zone) to analyze. Quick - someone save the video before Raven somehow makes that one disappear too!!!

abc11tv.com: Abaroa Pleads Guilty to Embezzlement
(From terminatrixator's post.)

ETA: How long do you think it took before Raven jumped online to see the video of himself and what we all have to say about it?

So the $9,600 was what he made from the sales of a mere 25-30 pairs of shoes? So he has to pay back the $9,600 and return the unsold shoes - by my math, let's assume that he sold 25 pairs of shoes and has 5 left to return - that would mean that he made $384 per pair. How much would those shoes cost you if you bought them directly from a place like Eurosport?

One of the stories stated that the shoes went for about $100 a pair. They described how he ordered something like 25-30 shoes to be delivered to him. My assumption is he pulled this scam multiple times ... hence the FIVE counts of FELONY (not misdemeanor) embezzlement.

Found the Quote:

"Abaroa was working for Sports Endeavors Inc., which owns Eurosport, a mail-order catalog company for sports equipment located in Hillsborough, when he placed orders for shoes and had them delivered to his home but did not pay for them, according to Assistant District Attorney Jacqueline Perez.

Abaroa would order 25 to 30 pairs of shoes at a time and then resell them, Perez said. The thefts occurred last year when Abaroa worked for the company. "

was it 25 to 30 pair for each month he stole???

he also had to return unsold shoes.

I remember the silver shoes on the front porch of Janet's that we were all discussing on the general discussions thread #3. I'm sure those were a gift to Janet form Raven .... :rolleyes:

And on his futblrguy ebay account, one sleuther found that he was selling shoes.

So i guess we had this embezzlement thing collectively figured out long before we even realized. hindsight is 20/20!

What cracks me up is the feedback that I've gotten that Raven is sooooo upset about all the LIES we supposedly post about him.

The only one lying is him and our specialty has become busting him at them.

MISDEMNOR my a$$!

If you saw in one of the articles covering the embezzlement, the writer included info on the murder and stated, "Once he became a suspect, he cooperated with police and allowed them to search his computer and home for evidence needed for prosecution, Perez said."

Early on in this discussion we questioned why a computer wasn't included in the list of items taken from the home under the search warrant. At that time, I suggested that perhaps Raven had voluntarily given them access to the computer, hence, no need to get a search warrant for that specific item. Guess I was right, for once!

NCBanker said:
If you saw in one of the articles covering the embezzlement, the writer included info on the murder and stated, "Once he became a suspect, he cooperated with police and allowed them to search his computer and home for evidence needed for prosecution, Perez said."

Early on in this discussion we questioned why a computer wasn't included in the list of items taken from the home under the search warrant. At that time, I suggested that perhaps Raven had voluntarily given them access to the computer, hence, no need to get a search warrant for that specific item. Guess I was right, for once!
I think that they meant during the embezzlement investigation, not the murder investigation.

Jenifred said:
I think that they meant during the embezzlement investigation, not the murder investigation.

Jenifred, I think you are right on this. The ONLY item we've heard that was supposedly stolen that night was the laptop. Not, Janet's jewlery, not anything else of substantive value, just the laptop.

And really, the laptop couldn't be worth much.

I've always wondered about the block of knives being taken . . . maybe something was missing from the set / collection?

golfmom said:
What cracks me up is the feedback that I've gotten that Raven is sooooo upset about all the LIES we supposedly post about him.

The only one lying is him and our specialty has become busting him at them.
I wish that we could find out what posts about him are lies. I think that we've got most of them accounted for. Maybe our tanning sessions and hair appointments have been exaggerated, but it's just innocent speculation.:angel:

What really gets me is that he says something about his faith getting him though this. What a contrived little saying. He's got no faith--well, other than the faith in himself for pulling off an unsolvable crime. :sick:

Jenifred said:
I wish that we could find out what posts about him are lies. I think that we've got most of them accounted for. Maybe our tanning sessions and hair appointments have been exaggerated, but it's just innocent speculation.:angel:

What really gets me is that he says something about his faith getting him though this. What a contrived little saying. He's got no faith--well, other than the faith in himself for pulling off an unsolvable crime. :sick:
Wow JF, that is a great observation - that the faith he mentioned was truly in himself for his perceived ability to GET AWAY WITH MURDER!!!

Now that I've woken up sufficiently, I see that you're correct! Sorry for the waste of space and rambling!

Jenifred said:

http://www.herald-sun.com/orange/10-639249.html

"Abaroa would order 25 to 30 pairs of shoes at a time and then resell them, Perez said. The thefts occurred last year when Abaroa worked for the company."

So I would say, yes he pulled the scam multiple times, hence the multiple felonies.

added additional info from article...

"The shoes were valued at approximately $100 a pair, said Abaroa's attorney, Julian Mack. Mack told the judge that he has another 28 pairs of shoes that he will return to the Hillsborough Police Department in the next day or two as part of the restitution."

Well that was nice of Raven to hold onto the extra shoes just in case he met someone who needed a pair!:loser:

He still has shoes hidden? WTF? You would think the police would have found his hidded stash of stolen property by now don't you? They are doing a murder investigation aren't they? Wonder if they'll find Winona Ryders receipts with the shoes? a cople of spare cement bags he's holding for Inmate Peterson?

L L & S said:
He still has shoes hidden? WTF? You would think the police would have found his hidded stash of stolen property by now don't you? They are doing a murder investigation aren't they? Wonder if they'll find Winona Ryders receipts with the shoes? a cople of spare cement bags he's holding for Inmate Peterson?

Maybe he found a good hiding spot for the shoes ... like the attic?

Moxie said:
Wow JF, that is a great observation - that the faith he mentioned was truly in himself for his perceived ability to GET AWAY WITH MURDER!!!
"I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD"

Another problem that I am having with this whole purchase the shoes have them delivered to my house explanation is this--wouldn't Janet have seen 25-30 pairs of shoes arriving at her house? Could you imagine getting a pair of shoes almost every day? Now this tells me that either Janet knew this was happening or Raven was lying about having them delivered to their home. I'm tending to believe the latter.

Now, Golfmom, what was the name of that Latino man you mentioned earlier? Could he have been the partner? Could Raven's mommy or brother have been the partner? I think that these are much better options as to where the shoes were being sent.

And now I'm thinking to myself, wouldn't the company have a paper trail as to where these shoes went? So maybe it is true that they went to the Abaroa residence, but that sure would have been some CIA maneuvering around for Raven--not letting Janet on to the fact that this was happening.

Jenifred said:
Now, Golfmom, what was the name of that Latino man you mentioned earlier? Could he have been the partner? Could Raven's mommy or brother have been the partner? I think that these are much better options as to where the shoes were being sent.

And now I'm thinking to myself, wouldn't the company have a paper trail as to where these shoes went? So maybe it is true that they went to the Abaroa residence, but that sure would have been some CIA maneuvering around for Raven--not letting Janet on to the fact that this was happening.

I forgot his name, it's in one of the threads around here ... and I probably have it noted in my records. But, another name he used was Samual Peters. Note the spelling Samual.

Samual Is there any other significance other than the strange spelling ? Am I missing something ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back