IN - Hilary Acton, 33, shot to death, Indianapolis, 1 June 2015 *Arrest*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
hilary-acton1.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (June 1, 2015) – A woman was fatally shot early Monday morning in the 1400 block of South East Street during an attempted robbery.

Mark Williams says he and his girlfriend, 33-year old Hilary Acton of Clayton, were were unloading a carload of clothing from Goodwill in the 1400 block of South East Street around 1:15 Monday morning. He told police two unidentified men approached them and demanded the items from their car. One of the suspects was armed with a handgun.

Williams says neither he nor Acton resisted the suspects, but one of them fired his weapon, hitting Hilary Acton multiple times. He says he yelled to his brother for help and chased the robbers down the sidewalk.

“I saw his eyes and he was scared when he shot her,” said Williams. “Then they ran and they turned left, then turned around and started shooting at me again.”
http://fox59.com/2015/06/01/police-one-dead-in-early-monday-shooting/

Killed for a carload of clothing from Goodwill?

Woman & boyfriend were "unloading a carload of clothing from Goodwill in the 1400 block of South East Street around 1:15 Monday morning."
"Joel Russell works at a nearby pizza place and called 911.“I was standing at the back door and heard about seven, eight gunshots go off and some ricochets and I went out and called the police..." bbmhttp://fox59.com/2015/06/01/police-o...nday-shooting/

So,
earlier they were at Goodwill, got carload of clothing?
1:15am were unloading goods -- to their home or apt?
7 or 8 shots were fired.
Boyfriend & his brother chased armed men down sidewalk?
After hearing gunfire, nearby pizzeria employee called 911?
Unusual.

Sad, sad, sad.

Bumping this . I wonder if there is any more info . Why did hubby run after the shooter . The person already shot his wife , what were he and his brother going to do ?

Link to news video
[video=youtube;L0UcDfPmuPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0UcDfPmuPg[/video]

What were they doing from the time they picked up the clothes at Goodwill and the time they were at home unloading a carload of the clothes? I know the Goodwill here closes around 6 PM but I would be very surprised if the ones there were open til midnight.
Did they have an confrontations with someone? Was this drug related? Was the husband's brother with them or was he just there to unload the clothes?

I don't know how to find arrest information for Indiana but maybe one of the great sleuthers here can find out and let us know. Even better, maybe someone can teach me how to find it.

This story just seems strange, but JMO

Link to news video
[video=youtube;L0UcDfPmuPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0UcDfPmuPg[/video]

Vid ~ :55sec, BF says (my paraphrasing)
We had gone to grocery store to get something to eat for tonight and then stopped at McDonalds for ice cream cones. Then she was getting something else to wear from car and they came up out of nowhere.
Shooting happened ~1:15 am.

So were they having dinner or snacking just before then?
Or was there a time gap btwn McD's ice cream and going home?
Or they returned home, there awhile, then she went out to car for clothes?

Could be my (mis?)reading or the way story was edited.

Her 2 boys are in grade school.

Sad.

What were they doing from the time they picked up the clothes at Goodwill and the time they were at home unloading a carload of the clothes? I know the Goodwill here closes around 6 PM but I would be very surprised if the ones there were open til midnight.
Did they have an confrontations with someone? Was this drug related? Was the husband's brother with them or was he just there to unload the clothes?

I don't know how to find arrest information for Indiana but maybe one of the great sleuthers here can find out and let us know. Even better, maybe someone can teach me how to find it.

This story just seems strange, but JMO

Who's arrest info are you looking for?

Sounds like another random murder in a city recently plagued with violence. Very sad and totally senseless. Prayers for the victim and survivors. Their lives are forever marred with the loss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Man found not guilty of murder in 2015 shooting death of mom of 2

A jury Thursday found a 23-year-old Indianapolis man not guilty on murder and robbery counts in the 2015 fatal shooting of a woman who was unloading groceries from her car, a defense attorney and online court records said.

The jury found Tafari Clay guilty on a charge he had admitted he did: unlawful possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon. He was convicted in 2012 of robbery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back