AZ - Patrick Graham, 36, Anthony Spangler, 18, slain, Glendale, Aug 2005 *Insanity*

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Police have a suspect in custody related to the Tuesday afternoon killing of two Wal-Mart "cart-pushers" at a Northwest Valley store.

Glendale Police said the suspect is a 50- to 60-year-old man who was found close to the Wal-Mart Supercenter, near 83rd Avenue and Union Hills Drive. Police executed a search warrant at a nearby house. A Glendale tactical unit used a robot to communicate with the suspect, who was taken into custody without incident.

The shooting occurred in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Initial reports suggested that a third person was shot and injured but that report proved erroneous.

Many witnesses and employees were shocked. The Wal-Mart store is only a few years old and is in an upper-income area. For example, median home prices in the adjunct area were $198,000 last year, much higher than the overall Valley median price of $175,000.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0823walmartshooting23-ON.html

WOW!.....I did find the comment about the 'upper income' to be odd...how very classist and misnomer of them to assume that violent crimes do not happen in such communities.

Hope the families of the victims can find justice.:(

gangsta said:
WOW!.....I did find the comment about the 'upper income' to be odd...how very classist and misnomer of them to assume that violent crimes do not happen in such communities.

Hope the families of the victims can find justice.:(

I noted that also. It is just one more example of what I always say. There are no 'safe' neighborhoods. There are 'high risk' and 'low risk' neighborhoods- but there is no such thing as a "safe" neighborhood anymore.

From February 2009:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2009/02/20/20090220liu21-ON.html

A Peoria man charged with killing two men in a Glendale Walmart parking lot in 2005 will go to a psychiatric hospital instead of to trial, a Maricopa County Superior Court judge has ruled.

Ed Liu consistently has been found incompetent to stand trial, and efforts to restore him to competency have failed.

On Feb. 13, Judge Warren Granville dismissed the criminal charges against Liu and ordered that he be taken to Desert Vista Behavioral Treatment Center. Granville also ordered the Maricopa County Attorney's Office to file the appropriate papers to have Liu committed to an institution.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back